Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [DENMARK] Post Danmark - Danish Post related questions and comments
Metlodyt

Country Flag:
Denmark

Denmark
Postcrossing Username: Metlodyt

[*] posted on 1-7-2016 at 04:07 PM
[DENMARK] Post Danmark - Danish Post related questions and comments

Please use this thread to ask questions or make comments regarding Post Danmark - their services, postal regulations, addressing method, postage, stamps, postmarks, delivery speed, etc.

Denmark raises postage to 25kr (=3.36 Euro)

From July 1st 2016 it now costs 25 danish kroner (= 3.36 Euro or 3.74 USD) to send a postcard to other countries! this is a very sudden rise from the 16 kr it cost yesterday. The sad thing is, that I don't know if I can continue postcrossing now. at least not as much as i want to :(

I'm sorry for ranting/whining here, but I'm just so surprised, sad and kind of angry :/

What does sending a card cost in your county? and how much would it have to increase before you'd quit?
DK28082

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: DK28082

[*] posted on 22-3-2018 at 12:54 AM

The International rate in Canada is $2.50 (1.93USD or 1.57EUR). If it was raised over $3 I'd reconsider how much I sent, maybe only sending officials and not participating in forum tags. I visited Aalborg and Copenhagen and was surprised at the 25kr cost.
cawindt

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: cawindt

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-3-2018 at 02:54 PM

Last year I hosted an exchange student from Denmark for the year. While the letter rates are ridiculous, the international package rates are actually quite decent. Whenever his parents sent a box for holidays, birthdays, etc., I would notice that it cost well under what a comparable box from the US to Denmark would be!
Xavier1978

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: xavier1978

[*] posted on 17-6-2019 at 11:49 AM

I visited Denmark and sent postcards to friends and family.
I was quite shocked that a postcard abroad is 3 times domestic, which is very steep.

Currently PostNord charges 30 Kroner.
I remember 4 years ago it was 15 Kroners only.
Seems like since PostNord has taken over operations they seem not to like tourists sending postcards anymore.

Maybe a petition to instate a postcard rate could help ?

Go To Top

Imprint