Author: Subject: Ranking
naello

Country Flag:
Denmark

Denmark
Postcrossing Username: naello

[*] posted on 1-7-2016 at 08:02 PM
Ranking

This is rather a question than a suggestion: Where can I see where I rank in my home country? I only get to see the top 10 and then I see my ranks in the monthly email. But where do I find that on the website? Thanks! :puzzled:
HMKM

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown
Postcrossing Username: HM

Mood: okay - previous signed up as mtts, Khasab

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by naello  
This is rather a question than a suggestion: Where can I see where I rank in my home country? I only get to see the top 10 and then I see my ranks in the monthly email. But where do I find that on the website? Thanks! :puzzled:

N/A, not available on the website.

It would be nice if the top 10's are extended into top X (everyone who has sent out a certain number of postcards for example 100 or 500 or 1000).

The top 10's for the larger countries are not dynamic, but static - there are hardly no changes.
The most fun to watch is the Top 100 last 60 days in my opinion. I have never made it into this list, or I missed my own ranking.
jasondavidsforum

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: JasonDavid

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 03:57 PM

I agree with this suggestion - would be great to see the top 100 for each country displayed on the site, to give others a better idea of where they rank in comparison (and not just in the monthly email, which allows one to compare against only the top 10).

For instance, I am number 200-and-something for sent from Canada, and am curious what it would take to break into the top 200, and top 100...
Dunkelblau

Country Flag:
Austria

Austria
Postcrossing Username: Dunkelblau

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 04:40 PM

In the section "Explore" you can search for members. If you do so without any specifications except the country you're interested in, you'll get 1000 results in "Order by username". When you change this to "Order by postcards sent" you'll get the top 1000 members from that country.

When you do this for your home country you can see how many cards you still have to send till you take the next step in the ranking and pass the member in front of you ;)
MimiEsmeralda

Postcrossing Username: MimiEsmeralda

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 04:42 PM

You can kinda do this when you go to Explore - Search and then select your country and search. From the drop down menu select to sort the list on postcards sent. That is the leaderboard, but you will have to manually find yourself there and count which position you have. You can see how much you are 'behind' on others. :)
MimiEsmeralda

Postcrossing Username: MimiEsmeralda

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dunkelblau  
In the section "Explore" you can search for members. If you do so without any specifications except the country you're interested in, you'll get 1000 results in "Order by username". When you change this to "Order by postcards sent" you'll get the top 1000 members from that country.

When you do this for your home country you can see how many cards you still have to send till you take the next step in the ranking and pass the member in front of you ;)

You posted this while I was still typing, such a coincidence, since this subforum is usually so quiet. :D
jasondavidsforum

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: JasonDavid

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 04:54 PM

Thanks Dunkelbrau and MimiEsmeralda for the great tip!

Go To Top

Imprint