Aderina

Country Flag:
Indonesia

Indonesia
Postcrossing Username: Aderina

Mood: Sleepy

[*] posted on 22-11-2016 at 04:27 AM
[AUSTRALIA] Australia Post related questions and comments

Please use this thread to ask questions or make comments regarding Australia Post - their services, postal regulations, postage, delivery speed, mail tracking, postmarks, etc.

Where to buy postcards in Perth CBD and Fremantle

Good Morning, Australian (esp Perth) Postcrossers..
I'm planning to visit Perth and Fremantle 0n 9-11 Dec.

Could you please let me know and suggest me where to buy cheap (but good :P ) postcards and stamps in Perth CBD and/or Fremantle?
Does Post Office open on saturday and sunday?
(I already checked on Aus Post Office, but trying to confirm if anyone knows the actual)

Thank You in advance.
captain_ratty

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: captain_ratty

[*] posted on 26-4-2018 at 10:45 AM

I'm wondering if any Australian Postcrossers can help. I'm moving to Australia in a few months and would like to continue with Postcrossing. I'm currently in the UK and buy my stamps online from Philatelink which is amazing due to the range of designs available and the discount - thanks to the suggestions on here.

Does anyone know of any online stores/dealers who offer unused stamps in the same way in Australia? I did a search but could only find collectors selling very specific stamps, rather than stamps for general use where you can just choose amounts/designs. Or is the only option to use Australia Post online?

Thanks in advance for any information :)
helent

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: helent

[*] posted on 18-5-2018 at 04:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by captain_ratty  

Does anyone know of any online stores/dealers who offer unused stamps in the same way in Australia? I did a search but could only find collectors selling very specific stamps, rather than stamps for general use where you can just choose amounts/designs. Or is the only option to use Australia Post online?

As far as I know, this is not a thing in Australia. I found the below website, but it only deals in very large volumes, and also seems a little... odd.

https://www.glenstephens.com/postage.html

Postage from Australia is expensive - $3 to most of the world, $2.30 to Asia Pacific.

AusPost sells pre-paid postcards and maxicards, and these are often a more economical option than buying separate stamps and cards, so a lot of postcrossers use these. $2.20 for the postcards, maxicards vary depending on the value of the stamp issue.

Otherwise, prepare to ration your sending a bit! Welcome to Australia, it can be pricey...
captain_ratty

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: captain_ratty

[*] posted on 22-5-2018 at 01:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by helent  

As far as I know, this is not a thing in Australia. I found the below website, but it only deals in very large volumes, and also seems a little... odd.

https://www.glenstephens.com/postage.html

Postage from Australia is expensive - $3 to most of the world, $2.30 to Asia Pacific.

AusPost sells pre-paid postcards and maxicards, and these are often a more economical option than buying separate stamps and cards, so a lot of postcrossers use these. $2.20 for the postcards, maxicards vary depending on the value of the stamp issue.

Otherwise, prepare to ration your sending a bit! Welcome to Australia, it can be pricey...

Thank you very much helent! I found the same website when I was googling! I couldn't quite work it out and so concluded it might just be for collectors purchasing one off stamps. Maybe it makes a bit more sense to some people!

I think I will have to cut down (or possibly stop altogether) with Postcrossing once I am in Australia, as the postcard rate is expensive. I send letters overseas regularly and the good news is that letters are a fair bit cheaper from Australia (compared to the UK) so that's a bonus for me. Though I have noticed that post of letters to (and now from) Australia has become very slow lately, so I am hoping that will pick up.

Thank you again for the information :)
Waykwabu

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: Waykwabu

[*] posted on 3-6-2018 at 05:47 AM

You can try eBay - sometime u will find offers of mint Australian "International Post" stamps at a discount - have purchased them up to 30% off.

Go To Top

Imprint