Pages:  1  ..  6    8
Author: Subject: Disappointing cards?
Jillz92

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: Jillz92

[*] posted on 18-12-2019 at 05:12 PM

Yesterday I received a card written exactly the same thing as what he wrote in his profile. :thumbdown:

I'm a little bit disappointed, I mean it's not that hard to write something better than that.
englyn

Postcrossing Username: englyn

[*] posted on 18-12-2019 at 06:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jillz92  
Yesterday I received a card written exactly the same thing as what he wrote in his profile. :thumbdown:

I'm a little bit disappointed, I mean it's not that hard to write something better than that.

But how would he know you'd also choose to read his profile after receiving his card? Profiles are given to senders, not recipients (and even some senders don't read them).
CaliSmiles

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: RuhRohRaggy

[*] posted on 28-12-2019 at 02:18 PM

I received a beautiful maxicard and instead of writing a message, the sender taped a type written message to the back of the card and handwrote my name at the top. I think they must have many of these type-written papers printed out and send the same thing to everyone. Not my favorite thing, but I can get over that part. What was incredibly disappointing to me was that I really loved the card, but the sender had used a lot of tape to secure this type-written message and had folded all the tape over to the front of the card. The tape covered an entire inch of the picture side of the card, also covering the stamp on the maxicard. It was a horrible mess, so I attempted to remove the tape, which only furthered the problem. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but I really didn't like the layers of tape covering the picture of the card either. Oh well, no major harm done, just a bummer.
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8

Go To Top

Imprint