Author: Subject: [BRAZIL] Correios related questions and comments
levitan17

Country Flag:
Brazil

Brazil
Postcrossing Username: Levitan17

[*] posted on 12-3-2018 at 04:33 PM
[BRAZIL] Correios related questions and comments

Please use this thread to ask questions or make comments regarding Correios Brazilian Post and Telegraph Corporation- their services, postal regulations, postage, delivery speed, mail tracking, postmarks, etc.

National Strike at Brazilian Correios

Brazilian Post services have been suffering for a long time with crises. It intensified after the 2016 Coup... now that the government is pushing for general crises in order to sell the state postal services of Correios to private companies...

Today, 12/3/2018, a National Strike has started at Brazilian Correios.
Among the demands are: Against the cuts on heath insurance for family of workers, against cuts in vacations, against privatization, the need to employ more workers to meet demands, and for safety for postman that are been mugged and robbed almost everyday because of the crises...

Mind you not all post offices adhere to the strike, but services were already very slow and uncertain.. It will get worse.

Please be patient with Brazilian postcards at the moment.

I'm Brazilian and support the right of the workers and the strike.
We need to defend Correios.

Thanks.
ColorfulCourtney
formerly known as cdeinesj

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: ColorfulCourtney

Mood: =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=

[*] posted on 12-3-2018 at 08:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by levitan17  
Brazilian Post services have been suffering for a long time with crises. It intensified after the 2016 Coup... now that the government is pushing for general crises in order to sell the state postal services of Correios to private companies...

Today, 12/3/2018, a National Strike has started at Brazilian Correios.
Among the demands are: Against the cuts on heath insurance for family of workers, against cuts in vacations, against privatization, the need to employ more workers to meet demands, and for safety for postman that are been mugged and robbed almost everyday because of the crises...

Mind you not all post offices adhere to the strike, but services were already very slow and uncertain.. It will get worse.

Please be patient with Brazilian postcards at the moment.

I'm Brazilian and support the right of the workers and the strike.
We need to defend Correios.

Thanks.

Thank you for this update. I was recently in Brazil and think that the situation for the Correios workers is very difficult. I did not appreciate it until I was there, but of course I can only speak from a tourist's perspective. About one third of the postcards I sent from Brazil have not yet reached their destination, two months later.

Edit to add: I should say I am not complaining about Correios workers, but about the system. I fully support the workers and the strike!
idus

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: idus

Mood: having a cold :-/

thumbup.gif posted on 13-3-2018 at 01:18 PM

Thanks for sharing here.
SoaringAven

Country Flag:
Czech Republic

Czech Republic
Postcrossing Username: SoaringAven

[*] posted on 29-5-2019 at 07:31 PM

Hi all! Any advice regarding the recent 15 brl fee on imports to Brazil? Does that also apply for unregistered post like letters and postcards? Thanks! :)

Go To Top

Imprint