ninja

Country Flag:
Switzerland

Switzerland
Postcrossing Username: ninja

Mood: :ninja:

love.gif posted on 20-4-2018 at 10:39 PM
Extended country stats

I am a stats geek and love all kind of stats ;)

The top of my wish list so far (I've only used the site for a month) would be to see more stats by country. There are already some stats about a country in general on the country page (number of members, postcards sent/received, ranking, most active members), but my suggestion there would be to add "country to country" stats.

It could be on each country page and very similar to a user's stats page:
- an activity per month chart (ie. sum of all country users' activites per month)
- a country distribution pie (aggregate interactions from this country's users with other countries)

and most important
- country to country sending stats, eg. a list of countries like on the user stats page, each with total number sent/received to each country from the current and avg/median duration for sent/received (which would just be the sum of all country users sent/received and aggregate duration average/median)

Particularly interesting would be the aggregate average&median travel times, this could tell a lot about how international mail services work together. I think postcrossing holds some unique data there! :eureka:

The visual elements could be the same as for each user, calculations similar, just the numbers to crunch would be much higher as it's over all users of a country :D

(from a technical point of view, I don't know how and when this is currently done for user's stats pages, but it could be batch processed daily or even weekly to crunch through large data sets for entire countries, doesn't need to be real time to provide a great value)

Any chance of getting this integrated into the explore country pages?

:love:
Boyana
formerly known as bmeschewski

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Boyana

[*] posted on 4-11-2018 at 06:50 PM

I like this idea a lot too! I’ve been going to the top users by country to check their travel times for a more representative average but some of them are past users who no longer send cards so it’s hard to know if those are still accurate.

Maybe even add % of expired cards out of all cards sent to see what are the most unreliable post offices?

Go To Top

Imprint