Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do Expired Cards Disappear?
mapswell

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Mapswell

Mood: Nice to Meet You

[*] posted on 19-7-2018 at 02:31 PM
Do Expired Cards Disappear?

Hi Everyone.

This is a very interesting forum. I actually LOVE thinking about expired cards because each and every card goes on a journey, and I sometimes get lost thinking about my poor little "orphan" expired cards. Where are they? Are they stuck in the mailbox? Did they fall out of my postman's bag 10 meters away from my house, or did they make it all the way to their intended destination country, only to be misplaced there?

My question for you all, and for the Postcrossing folks that are in here:

Do expired cards disappear from our list of "travelling" cards? I see that I only have expired cards that are less than 365 days old in my list. I'm not certain, but I think I have cards that have been expired for longer than that, but now I can't view/locate them.

The reason I ask is because I like to list my expired cards on my profile like this:

Quote:

Sent Cards 900, Expired Cards 26: 2.6%

I'd really LOVE to know how many expired cards I have total so I can keep an accurate percentage on my profile screen.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know if we have a location where we can see all of our expired cards from forever?

Thanks, Friends!!!!

-mapswell, USA
-Bille-
German Community moderator

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: -Bille-
Member Is Online

Mood: We need to keep hope alive and strive to do better. ☮ RIP Kofi Annan

[*] posted on 19-7-2018 at 04:56 PM

Cards disappear after 365 days from your profile - if you don't make stats by yourself you don't have the chance to see all your expired cards forever.
I can see all my expired cards on flickr.

After one year you can draw the address of a recipient of an expired card again.
ninja

Country Flag:
Switzerland

Switzerland
Postcrossing Username: ninja

Mood: :ninja:

[*] posted on 25-8-2018 at 03:19 PM

Hi,
If you receive your postcrossing mails to gmail, you could use a query like this to check for all the addresses you have ever requested:

Code:
from:postcrossing subject:("postcrossing - postcard id" OR "postcrossing - postcardId")

(I don't know if the email subject has changed more times over the years, but you'd just have to add each earlier subject line to the parenthesis, separated with OR)

Gmail will then give you a count - you may have to click through all the pages to see the exact number.

Number of "deleted" expired cards is then this count minus number of sent minus number of currently traveling+expired.

I'm sure something similar would be possible with a different mail provider, if you still have all the mails you get when requesting an address...
aisforamy

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: aisforamy

[*] posted on 20-9-2018 at 03:11 PM

Hello!
I need help. I found 2 postcards stuck behind my mailbox. I tried to register them but they are expired. I feel bad and want to contact the senders. What should I do? Thanks in advance!
Amy
Whitelake
formerly known as Whitelake_

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: Whitelake

Mood: a doodle a day keeps the demon at bay

[*] posted on 21-9-2018 at 04:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by aisforamy  
Hello!
I need help. I found 2 postcards stuck behind my mailbox. I tried to register them but they are expired. I feel bad and want to contact the senders. What should I do? Thanks in advance!
Amy

You can send a message via the Contact form on the site with the Postcard ID.
Administrators can find senders.

Go To Top

Imprint