RickAnita

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: RickAnita

eureka.gif posted on 25-7-2018 at 08:52 PM
Need for being Active to receive postcard

Hi guys,

we've been on Postcrossing only for half a year and generally love it. Unfortunately, in the currently ~80 sent + 10 travelling post cards we stumbled upon the following issue:

When it's our turn to send a postcard, in 3% of the cases the user has already been offline for days when we pulled his/her address.
That usually happens, when the postcard is travelling longer and in the meantime the user lost the interest in postcrossing? In those cases our postcards also expired, because the user didn't come back, apparently.

Anyhow, our idea is: usually it is my turn to receive a postcard as soon as one of my postcards arrive and is registered. We would suggest, that the user at least has to go online again after the postcard arrived to be in the "pool" to receive a postcard.

We believe that expired postcards due to inactive users is the most frustrating part and with this way, maybe there is a chance those cases get less?

What do you think?

Greetings,

Rick and Anita
ninja

Country Flag:
Switzerland

Switzerland
Postcrossing Username: ninja

Mood: :ninja:

[*] posted on 18-10-2018 at 03:45 PM

I think it is a good idea having to be online again after your postcard arrived to have your address in the "pool". But probably doesn't really work with how the system is implemented - often cards are sent to you before your own postcard has arrived (that's why the number of received can be higher than the number of sent).

But I also agree that this is something where something should be improved, because sending cards to users who are on the way to disappear is indeed frustrating. Maybe a lower limit of maximum time since last login to get into the "address pool" - maybe a few days? one week?
Princess-Jo

Country Flag:
England

England
Postcrossing Username: J-Francis

Mood: Receiving beautiful postcards

[*] posted on 13-8-2019 at 04:31 AM

You might have a log in a bit

Go To Top

Imprint