Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PenPals and Postcards for US Middle School Students (11-14)
msanderson

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: msandersonsclass

[*] posted on 1-8-2018 at 03:24 AM
PenPals and Postcards for US Middle School Students (11-14)

Hey everyone!

I'm new to post crossings and am looking forward to implementing it in my social studies class this year. I teach three subjects and have a few ideas to incorporate it. I will briefly describe the class and what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions or questions, feel free to reach out. :)

6th Grade(11-12)
World Culture and Geography.
1. Pen Pals:Anywhere but the United States
I'd like each of my 6th grade classes to have a penpal of similar age in another country. I won't have my rosters for another few weeks, but I typically teach two sections with about 15 students each.

Any additional Postcards describing your culture: food, clothing, education system, families, entertainment, etc... are also appreciated!

7th Grade(12-13)
History of Texas.
1. Pen Pals: Spain or Mexico. Typically teach 2 sections with approximately 12-15 students.

Additional Postcards relating to the Texas Revolution, Mexican Revolution, or Spanish Colonization of the Americas. My kids always ask what students in Mexico or Spain learn about Texas.

8th Grade (13-14)
American History 1500-1877
1. Pen Pals: UK. 20-30 students.

If our time zones allow a skype meeting at the end of the academic year, that would be wonderful. If not, maybe each class could upload a video to their penpals at the end of the year.

Around the world Club 83

Country Flag:
France

France
Postcrossing Username: French_students

[*] posted on 13-9-2018 at 04:18 PM

Hello !

I am a middle school teacher in the south of France and I organize a club named "Around the world" for my students. They are between 10 and 14 years old. The group consist of 10 to 15 kids. They would write in English and French of course.

I would like the pupils to send postcards but maybe also create their own cards with photographs, drawings or paintings. Hope it's not a problem, dear potential penpals ^^.

Can't wait to know if you're interested !
Skelly6

Country Flag:
England

England
Postcrossing Username: Skelly6

[*] posted on 15-9-2018 at 07:48 AM

Hi, I run a Postcrossing Club from our school library - girls and boys aged between 7 and 11 years old would be interested in exchanging ... x
Ambulante

Country Flag:
Mexico

Mexico
Postcrossing Username: Lernante

[*] posted on 30-1-2019 at 04:58 PM

Hi!!

I'm from Mexico and I'm working this Project named "Postal Club", so if you are intrested we can swap postcards or letters.
Let me know if you are intrested.

Go To Top

Imprint