woven
formerly known as Manji

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: woven

Mood: Sleepy

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 02:38 PM

I messaged someone the other day about an expired postcard, only because they hadn't been online in over a month. I ended up rechecking their profile the next day, and I guess they saw my message because they registered some postcards! But none were mine. :(
HMKM

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown
Postcrossing Username: HM

Mood: okay - previous signed up as mtts, Khasab

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 05:37 PM

So I sent 10 PM's for 10 of the 11 cards I had sent from Malta that are expired. One I contacted around Christmas.

I just received a PM that a card was received! It will be registered when she will get home from travelling. I hope that will be before Friday, as Thursday is the last valid day to register the ID. Now I sent a message about the last valid day. Just see what happens.

Yes sometimes you hear your card was received.
No it is not registered and maybe won't be either.:(

I could have sent a PM earlier.
KAS

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway
Postcrossing Username: KAS

[*] posted on 21-2-2019 at 05:34 AM

Because this has just come up again - https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=123124 - I thought I'd follow up on this.

Quote: Originally posted by KAS  

By the way, two days ago I got a message asking about an expired card again and I got so annoyed haha :lol: Extra irritated because this thread was so recent too... But I realize most postcrossers aren't on the forum. This particular message wasn't "did you receive my card such & so", it was "I sent a card that has expired. I have sent another if you would be on the lookout for it." - which I also found very - very - annoying. I read that to mean "don't mess up receiving this card too", which may just be me, but still.

On Feb 4 I received the resent card the user above was asking me to "be on the lookout for".

Two days ago, Feb 19, I received their original 1st sent card.

Patience, people... :lol: :duh:
HMKM

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown
Postcrossing Username: HM

Mood: okay - previous signed up as mtts, Khasab

[*] posted on 25-2-2019 at 02:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by HMKM  
So I sent 10 PM's for 10 of the 11 cards I had sent from Malta that are expired. One I contacted around Christmas.

I just received a PM that a card was received! It will be registered when she will get home from travelling. I hope that will be before Friday, as Thursday is the last valid day to register the ID. Now I sent a message about the last valid day. Just see what happens.

At day 364!!!

Khannushka

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: Khannushka

[*] posted on 27-2-2019 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by HMKM  

That's really upsetting(((
You spent time, money and efforts to send a card, while that person doesn't care about registering it - so she gets one more card from some other member, and you get nothing as you card is deleted :(
The travel is not a good excuse in this case.
RalfH

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: RalfH

[*] posted on 27-2-2019 at 09:50 PM

Because this has just come up again - https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=123124 - I thought I'd follow up on this.

By the way, two days ago I got a message asking about an expired card again and I got so annoyed haha :lol: Extra irritated because this thread was so recent too... But I realize most postcrossers aren't on the forum. This particular message wasn't "did you receive my card such & so", it was "I sent a card that has expired. I have sent another if you would be on the lookout for it." - which I also found very - very - annoying. I read that to mean "don't mess up receiving this card too", which may just be me, but still.

On Feb 4 I received the resent card the user above was asking me to "be on the lookout for".

Two days ago, Feb 19, I received their original 1st sent card.

Patience, people... :lol: :duh:

When did the sender draw your address?
KAS

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway
Postcrossing Username: KAS

[*] posted on 28-2-2019 at 05:23 AM

Dec 17. The email asking about the resend was sent Feb 1, the resent card arrived Feb 4, and the original card arrived Feb 19. The original would have expired just before it arrived.
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: SnowApple

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 05:28 PM

Will Postcrossing staff auto-register a card if say, we sent it via certified mail, have proof that it was delivered, and recipient hasn't registered the card? Or if we find that the recipient posts it on their social media and hasn't registered it? ("Look what came in my #mailbox!")
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 5-10-2019 at 03:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SnowApple  
Will Postcrossing staff auto-register a card if say, we sent it via certified mail, have proof that it was delivered, and recipient hasn't registered the card? Or if we find that the recipient posts it on their social media and hasn't registered it? ("Look what came in my #mailbox!")

If Postcrossing sees evidence of a postcard actually being received we will firstly contact the member about the issue and if it is not registered by the receiver we will then register the ID.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Imprint