lutik511

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: lutik511

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 10:28 AM
Instagram

Hello!
My name is Tatiana.I'm a teacher of English in Russia. I live in Irkutsk. It's a town near lake Baikal. But besides this fact it's an interesting town with long history and a lot of peculiar places. One of my students has created an Instagram account about our town "life_in_irkutsk_".
I'm here to ask you and your students to subscribe to this account. Our students could communicate, become penpals or just watch photos and videos from time to time.
life_in_irkutsk_
I would be very thankful if you asked your students to join us.
Tatiana
volvomom
Education Community moderator

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: volvomom

Mood: “She don't believe in shootin' stars but she believe in shoes and cars." Kanye

[*] posted on 24-2-2019 at 02:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lutik511  
Hello!
My name is Tatiana.I'm a teacher of English in Russia. I live in Irkutsk. It's a town near lake Baikal. But besides this fact it's an interesting town with long history and a lot of peculiar places. One of my students has created an Instagram account about our town "life_in_irkutsk_".
I'm here to ask you and your students to subscribe to this account. Our students could communicate, become penpals or just watch photos and videos from time to time.
life_in_irkutsk_
I would be very thankful if you asked your students to join us.
Tatiana

Hello, Tatiana!

How old are your students? I know that here in the US some schools forbid students of certain ages to join Instagram through teachers (my school happens to be one of them). I'll check out your Instagram!
lutik511

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: lutik511

[*] posted on 1-3-2019 at 03:59 PM

Hello!
My students are 14 years old. We use this Instagram account for "promoting" our city. We want to show how wonderful and interesting our region is.Students don't give any personal information, that's why I think it's not a problem for them or for our school.
Could you please tell me why your school forbids joining Instagram?
Thanks a lot for your interest.
Tatiana
volvomom

Country Flag:
United States

United States

Mood: “She don't believe in shootin' stars but she believe in shoes and cars." Kanye

[*] posted on 6-3-2019 at 08:10 PM

Привет, Tatiana!

The rules in my school are very strict with regards to social media. For example, when I do "snail mail" projects, students are never allowed to give out Facebook, Instagram, or other social media information. We also do not give out last names. It seems that the culture here in the US is one where we want to maintain anonymous, yet post so much online! :)

The director of technology in my school district argued, when I was using Instagram for a wonderful Spanish project, that students under the age of 13 were being encouraged to use an app that technically was not available to them. Even though I argued that most of my students were 14, it was not acceptable.

If your school is a "high school" (what we have in the US - grades 9-12 - about ages 15-18) then it shouldn't be a problem. I teach middle school.
volvomom

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 6-3-2019 at 08:10 PM

PS - I think it's such an awesome idea!!!!!!!

Go To Top

Imprint