Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help Germans Explore the US and Canada!
Ines

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: InesMUC

[*] posted on 14-2-2019 at 09:35 AM
Help Germans Explore the US and Canada!

Dear fellow Postcrossers,

I’m a student counselor working for Amerikahaus in Munich, Germany. It’s a public, nonprofit institution devoted to presenting US and Canadian culture, history, politics and exchange opportunities to the German public. My colleague and I advise students on all sorts of exchange programs leading them to the USA or Canada.

Our advisees often have only 2 to 4 metropoles in mind when they describe the US or Canada to us. We know, of course, there are so many more places to see and discover in these beautiful countries – which is why we’re turning to you! We’d like to broaden our advisees’ horizons before they even go abroad by highlighting different places and the things that make them unique. We plan on sharing your postcards on our social media channels and would also exhibit them at Amerikahaus.

If you’d like to help us reach our goal, please send us a postcard of a place in the US or Canada off the beaten path, your hometown or a local attraction, or just a place you found worth the visit during your own travels and tell us a bit about it. Any fun facts or insights you have to share could really impact our students and hopefully inspire them to go abroad themselves!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Amerikahaus
Education and Exchange
Barer Str. 19 a
80333 Munich
GERMANY

If you include your username on the card, I'll let you know that your card arrived.

Thank you!

Turchyn Alina

Country Flag:
Belarus

Belarus
Postcrossing Username: kfylsi85

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 06:26 AM

I change the answers to the card
write your address, I will send you a card

Dear sirs,
My name is Alina. I'm 10. I'm from Belarus. I have been registered on Postcrossing since 21.11.2017. I have got already 68 cards from different countries. I would like to say thank you. For me Postcrossing is like a traveling with cards. 
I take part in research to practice conference " Postcrossing as means of popularization of Belarusian sights" Every answer is important for me. 
Survey:
1. Do you know where is located Republic of Belarus?
2. Do you know Belarusian sights?
3. Have you ever got cards with pictures of Belarusian sights?
4. Do you learnt anything new about Belarus with help of cards?
5. Would you like to see any Belarusian sights with your own eyes? 
6. Haw do you think, is card a mean of land's sights popularization?

Thanks in advance. Your answers are very important for me.

write your address, I will send you a card
volvomom
Education Community moderator

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: volvomom

Mood: “She don't believe in shootin' stars but she believe in shoes and cars." Kanye

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 08:57 PM

Hallo, Ines!

I will put a few cards out this week from the state of Vermont, and try to find some unique ones of Boston as well. Do you prefer the cards in an envelope or sent separately?
Ines

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: InesMUC

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 04:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by volvomom  
Hallo, Ines!

I will put a few cards out this week from the state of Vermont, and try to find some unique ones of Boston as well. Do you prefer the cards in an envelope or sent separately?

Dear Volvomom,

I'm so sorry, I forgot to answer. I received a message with a bit of a preview on my mobile phone when I was on my way to the mountains. I planned to respond as soon as I would have proper internet access again - and then forgot about it upon my return after the holidays. My honest apologies for the delayed answer.

We'd love to receive a card from Vermont and/or Boston, if you're still up for it. But just one card would be totally fine, too. Please chose the most convenient way for you - with or without an envelope, you decide :)

Thank you and best wishes from Munich, Ines

Go To Top

Imprint