Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Ignoring private messages: Is it a reason to complain?
Stevyy

Country Flag:
Austria

Austria
Postcrossing Username: Stevyy

[*] posted on 8-8-2019 at 09:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by HMKM  
Quote: Originally posted by Stevyy  
Quote: Originally posted by HMKM  
What I learned so far from this topic that IF you respond to an inquiery PM about a missing postcard you will be 'punished' with a second card.

There is no need to sent second cards. Postcrossing does not ask you to sent second cards.

Especialy I am not waiting for second cards from common countries as I receive enough from them. But I would be delighted to receive a second one for a missing card from Albania or Liechtenstein.

So a nice card from a German/US/Russian/... unique user, be it the first or second card, is a punishment for you. An interesting motivation ...

You did not get it. This is about second cards. Not first cards.

If I remember my numbers correctly, ~ 66% of missing cards are lost forever. So any resend of such lost cards would be a first card for the recipient, not a second one (leaving aside that a resent card is not automatically the same motive as the originally sent one).

But of course it's okay to see two cards from a DE, RU (or NL) - user as punishment *sarcasm off :freak:*
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: fire_maggie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-8-2019 at 09:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Stevyy  

If I remember my numbers correctly, ~ 66% of missing cards are lost forever. So any resend of such lost cards would be a first card for the recipient, not a second one (leaving aside that a resent card is not automatically the same motive as the originally sent one).

But of course it's okay to see two cards from a DE, RU (or NL) - user as punishment

It may not be as exciting as a rare country card, but in my opinion "punishment" is a rather strong word. A second card from a common country is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick after all...
Stevyy

Country Flag:
Austria

Austria
Postcrossing Username: Stevyy

[*] posted on 8-8-2019 at 11:39 PM

edit: I tried to sound supportive with a big hint of sarcasm - personally I don't see two cards from one user as punishment, of course ...
HMKM

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown
Postcrossing Username: HM

Mood: okay - previous signed up as mtts, Khasab

[*] posted on 10-8-2019 at 12:53 PM

And every one can have seen that I put two x ' at the front and end of the word 'punishment', and here I did again!!

That naturaly indicates that it might be read with a big wink.

But it took the attention away from the issue:

It is not necessary to sent second cards, Postcrossing is NOT asking anyone to do so!
Princess-Jo

Country Flag:
England

England
Postcrossing Username: J-Francis

Mood: Receiving beautiful postcards

[*] posted on 21-8-2019 at 04:06 AM

Email address may have loads of emails so can't find the message.
tthn235

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland
Postcrossing Username: tthn235

[*] posted on 27-9-2019 at 08:04 AM

I totally understand your situation. I also experience once. The postcard sent to Germany expired, and I found it weird as I'm pretty sure that every postcard I sent to Germany never expired and were quickly delivered to receivers. Maybe this is the first exceptional case or the receiver changed the address.

I sent a private message to that person twice. I even said sorry if I had bothered her. Well, you know what? I got no response. At that time, I felt so annoyed. Later, I mean, until this time I feel totally fine. Perhaps, people are busy and yeah when postcard expires; we at least try every way to resolve the issues. If no response, just ignore. Sometimes things go unexpectedly. However, if things like these continue to happen, I think it's natural when you feel frustrated because that makes you feel like they don't care about what you try to do.

Anyway, good experiences sometimes will go hand-in-hand with bad experiences. I still love to be active on Postcrossing. I hope you won't have to face these problems in the near future. If you do, I hope you'll get over it soon!

Happy Postcrossing.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

Imprint