Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Welcome to ALL Educators!
volvomom
Education Community moderator

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: volvomom

Mood: Cancer sucks. :(

[*] posted on 24-2-2019 at 05:39 AM
Welcome to ALL Educators!

Hello! I am **so proud** to be the new moderator to this forum? Why? Education in all forums has been my life for years. Global education is crucial We need to focus on students interacting with those all over the globe - not just in their specific communities. Postcrossing provides the perfect opportunity for this!

Today I was fortunate enough to see the original writings of Frida Kahlo. What did I learn from that? The written script is humanistic. It shows there is a person behind the letter - not a robot. When my own students over the years have received messages from Germany, Spain, Denmark, China, to name a few, the first thing they comment on is the handwriting. Script is human. Let us not forget that!

I'm an active member in the EdCamp movement in the USA, as well as the Diversity and Inclusion movement. i hope for a safe classroom for all. I work with a number of kids who have anxiety and other issues that make classroom participation tough for them. But through differentiated seating, among other things, I strive to make the classroom experience the best it can be. I'm more than willing to send you photos of my classroom with two sofas!

Let the fun begin! Share! Share! Share!

Go To Top

Imprint