India
Postcrossing Username: ramcomp

Mood: Friendly

[*] posted on 18-3-2019 at 03:10 AM
School student for Animals

Be a Santa to the fauna - project ideas

Namaste from India!

I am a 9th grade student.

I live in a coastal city and we have only 3 types of weather - hot, hotter and hottest. These days the 4 legged creatures and the winged creatures don't find water because we have taken over all their water holes. So my parents and I decided to do something in a small way. We place water bowls outside our home and in the garden for the street dogs , cows and birds to drink water from.

This month end, we will be completing 5 years of our water bowl project.

If you are doing something like this for the animals or birds in your community, it will be great to hear about it. Not all ideas get done easily, because sometimes, we run into trouble with others or some people may not simply like animals. So it will be great to understand how you made it work. Please do share your ideas - either through a letter or a postcard to my address Edited or just a post here in this link https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=122336.

Of course, I will be thrilled if you can share some stamps on the birds or animals you help or take care of.

As I receive your letters, I will post the ideas here in my post or you can reply to the post https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=122336 so that everyone can know about it.

:bouncing:Lets make 2019 a great year for the birds and animals near our homes!!:roll:

U2U me for my address.

Bow bow, Meaow, Chirp Chirp!! Coo- coo, KaaKaa
:frog::iink::karate::karate:

Ideas received from fellow post crossers
1.davfv17...Davide from Milano, Italy sees other people putting bowls with some bread or other food for animals, but on secondary streets or near the countryside, since in center they would be removed.In Milano's castle an animal food manufacturer provide, for advertising purposes, food for a 60 cats feline colony lining in the (dry) moat of the castle.

2.nandi108... She had taken care of a bull in India by adopting it.

3. KiwiTheBird..from Russia wrote about how on her way to work she saw a school girl take a shaking shivering cat from the cold into her arms and giving shelter in her house
volvomom
Education Community moderator

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: volvomom

Mood: “She don't believe in shootin' stars but she believe in shoes and cars." Kanye

[*] posted on 18-3-2019 at 08:13 PM

Hello, Ramcomp!

This sounds like such an amazing idea! I have a close friend who is in charge of all the science classes in his town - grades K-12. I am going to send this information to him now. I will let you know if I hear anything back. He is an amazing person and may connect with you!

Is it best to connect with you here? Or via email?

You are an amazing person to take on such a project at a young age! I am so proud of your accomplishments! KEEP AT IT!!!

volvomom

Country Flag:
United States

United States

Mood: “She don't believe in shootin' stars but she believe in shoes and cars." Kanye

[*] posted on 18-3-2019 at 08:14 PM

One more thing - I am a very active educator on Twitter. May I post this information on Twitter, but leave out your name and country location? I may be able to find some people to be involved that way!
ramcomp

Country Flag:
India

India
Postcrossing Username: ramcomp

Mood: Friendly

[*] posted on 31-3-2019 at 03:25 AM

thanks a toooooooooon Volvomon. I would love to hear about this from your friends as well. yes, please share it on Twitter or other groups you are connected to. this is very nice.
volvomom

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 10-4-2019 at 08:44 PM

Hello! I just sent the message out to all our classes 6-12, including the most amazing woman who runs our science group! And it's on Twitter, too!
volvomom

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 12-4-2019 at 11:43 AM

I have some info for you! And more to come! Sending a U2U now!
jack55555

Postcrossing Username: jack

[*] posted on 26-7-2019 at 09:33 AM

;););)

Go To Top

Imprint