Postcrossing (Legacy) Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

NOTICE
The Postcrossing Forum is now at:

https://community.postcrossing.com

This is a read-only archive and can no longer be used.
Learn more here.

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need an information, please.
Hallorenkind

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Hallorenkind

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 05:29 PM
Need an information, please.

Hello, I have a question for all Romanian postcrossers regarding postage. I will get to know your beautiful country and your capital in October. I would like to send a card or a letter to friends and exchange partners ... And I would like to prepare well so that there is plenty of time for sightseeing.
Unfortunately, I can not find any specific information and that's why I'm just asking you:

- How much is the postage for a postcard?
- What does the postage cost for a letter?

- a) to Germany:info: - b) to Europe:info: - c) to the world:info:

From which issue year are the stamps still valid?
(My son still has some stamps from his trip, but we're not sure if they can still be used.)

I would be very happy if someone could give me a clear answer. Thank you very much.
MihneaR

Country Flag:
Romania

Romania
Postcrossing Username: mihneaR

Mood: postcrossing is making this world smaller and better!

[*] posted on 14-6-2019 at 09:10 AM

Hello and welcome in Romania. indeed here are plenty of beautiful places to be seen! And if you come and want to participate in a Romanian - International Postcrossing Meeting - please give me an UPU - to discuss details.
The postage cost for a postcard - NO MATTER the destination - is : 5 Lei for economy, and 7 lei for Priority Air Mail.

Now regarding validity - usually last 2 years are valid for postage. But since no clear regulation - you can use stamps issued starting with 2006 - with new currency denomination (before that was inflation and prices with multiple 0 - and 10.000 lei (ROL) become 1 leu (RON).
Hope that my answer will help you - and why not, maybe we can meet in Bucharest, in a cozy coffee place :)

Go To Top

Imprint