Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  10
Author: Subject: [RR] NA June RR - Fun in the sun [and mailbox] Game on!
Gbnaabennett

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: gbnaabennett

Mood: Contemplative over a great many things

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 09:05 PM

My cards have all officially been mailed for the month.
Received:
2-Mischelina- oh my goodness what an awesome PC! Love all the stamped images, and I LOVE that it is an unusual animal! So happy to add this Marmot to my collection!

5-alcott1 very neat PC of Churchill Downs

12-flagGazer I can't imagine cold temps like that this time of year! I agree, this is a very somber mermaid.

13-Ladybug513 what an awesome PC of the Titanic mail. I got to visit the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge last fall, and absolutely loved it! I am fascinated by the Titanic and have several Pc's in my collection but have never seen this one. Thank you!

18-mere5oh This is an absolutely gorgeous PC! Great estate sale find!

23-steresem oh! I used to check movies out of the library ALL the time! I was just thinking last night about it actually, and wondering if I could find a few really old ones the next time I am in!

27-hyshu65 awesome Rt 66 PC with some imcredibly cool postage!

28-alm74 love this train PC. I remember when I was visiting a friend in Michigan and a snowstorm hit. It was the most snow this Mississippi has ever seen! I was outside just loving it, and they were all inside laughing at me!

Thank you everyone!
Steresem

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: steresem

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 10:59 PM

#23 reporting in:

2 - Trump (money can't buy...) love seeing the pc stamps.
12 - Sunflower in white milk pitcher (I have one of these from Tepco)
30 - Nature (get out in it and stop tweeting) very nice sentiment
13 - Various cat eyes Thanks for the book recommendation
20 - Library architecture/art I love the starkness of it
18 - Edward Gorey I am a big fan

That's it for today!
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: hootnoodle

Mood: dismayed about current lack of checks and balances in national government

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 11:12 PM

Three cards arrived today!

#2 mischelina - a park path in Tallahassee, Florida. I had to look up "heat index". I'm familiar with "wind chill" from when I lived in Wisconsin in the late 1970s, but our climate is so moderate that we don't use either term locally. Anyway, now I understand why I felt so very hot in India last may when both the temp and the humidity were in the 90s!

#18 mere5oh - an artistic photo of a bull skull mounted on a wall, with dried peppers hanging from one horn.

#30 RockyRoadTrip - a United Nations statement on human rights. We should be able to take it for granted here, but we can't.

Thanks, everyone.
kclou13

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: kclou

[*] posted on 10-6-2019 at 11:33 PM

#19 reporting.
All cards have been mailed.

I have received:

#30 - cat birthday card. They are wearing suits and look adorable.

#5 - Kentucky card with beautiful horses

#13 - rose garden card

#17 - nude, tattoo/pierced man. Totally awesome card! I prefer ice cream to cake. I baked a
key lime pie for our youngest sons birthday last month.

#27 - happy birthday postcard

#12 - frog sitting on a flower. I love frogs.

#18 - scorpion card with info about them.

#23 - young women smoking. My husband said it looks like they are smoking a joint.

Thanks for all the beautiful cards!
ladybug513

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: ladybug513

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 01:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Rocky Road Trip  

#13 Ladybug513: sent a quirky shot of Ramblin’ Dan of the Professor World Band. This one-man band has been entertaining children for over 35-years - and a 65-years-old, shows no signs of stopping. What a nightmare! Brown Pelican and Motion Pictures Anniversary stamps, too. Thanks!

I meant to write that we saw Ramblin' Dan a number of times in Boston while our son was in college there. He would perform at the entrance gates to the Boston Public Garden. It was really somethin' to see!
austen777

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: austen777

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 03:09 AM

I received two wonderful cards today. Thank you so much to:

#2 Mischelina - cute pig playing in the mud. Thanks for sending it in an envelope and I am going to look for that Kate Spade notepad :)
#28 alm74 - hot air balloons in Colorado - a new addition to my collection!

angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: Angeldreamer

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 03:31 AM

my cards are all sent #4
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 09:26 PM

All cards are now in the mail from #16.
mere5oh

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: mere5oh

Mood: Really...?!

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 10:04 PM

@28 - Thank you for the hot air balloon card from Colorado!
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 11:26 PM

#28 alm74 - a lovely autumn view of the Yankee Girl Mine in Colorado's San Juan Mountains. Thank you from #16. Glad you had a good trip to Colorado.
YOIYUMTEWA

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: YOIYUMTEWA

Mood: content

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 01:43 AM

#17 now has a stack of cool cards to report

#2 mischelina a portrait of Harriet Tubman from the Harriet Tubman Underground RR National Monument in Maryland. Great vintage stamps, too

#5 alcott1 Kentucky horseracing card. Has one of the new RR stamps...they are great.

#18 mere5oh Great Smoky Mountains map card. I've been to the park....many many years ago with my grandparents. Would love to have them around to do that trip again.

#20 serafaina Congregational Church in Old Saybrook, Connecticut. Some of the old "A" orange and white eagle stamps, early days of the forever stamps (or often changing rates, anyway)

#23 steresem portrait of Jack Kerouac. One of my favorite authors is Edward Abbey, who was originally from near where I now live.

#28 alm74 "Drive-in Outfits". an old black and white photo of 2 car hops (from the 1950s-60s, I'd say). One is in an "of-the-day" uniform, striped dress, white apron, hairstyle of the day. The other is wearing a black "dancer-looking" outfit (leotards, maybe?), with a clear plastic hairdo and a clear plastic "skirt/apron"...guess it is supposed to be futuristic, right?

angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 06:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ladybug513  
Quote: Originally posted by YOIYUMTEWA  
#17 yoiyumtewa has received another cool card

#13 ladybug513 St George's Church, Nordlingen, Germany. Cool vintage black and white card. Your NYC trip...and to the Empire State Building...so, you have something of a Sleepless in Seattle life? Or was that You've Got Mail? I always get so confused....lol

That would be Sleepless in Seattle, although the ESB employee who took our photo declared it to be "An Affair to Remember!"
I believe Sleepless was supposed to be a remake...tho to me it feels entirely new haha. I guess because there was so many years in between....I find I am irritated with the remakes of films that are barely 20 years old and were good the first time around!
angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 06:40 AM

4 Angeldreamer
sent all
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27

alcott1- a KY colt dreaming of his future as a racer :) your trip sounds like fun and I think I usually enjoy the gift shops a lot as well, in no small part to the A/C if it's an outdoor venue. haha

ladybug513- beautiful Lady Liberty with a purple and red sunset!! oh wow...what a fantastic trip you got to take to NYC, such great memories to relive! I saw Wicked in OKC several times as an usher. I miss doing that and getting to see all of the great broadway shows. I don't feel safe in Tulsa after dark so have not looked into the opportunities here..especially since it is over 30 min from my home. In OKC, I was 5 min from downtown and never felt unsafe at all...I walked my dogs at midnight or 3am once I got off of my shift at the police dept!

hootnoodle big beautiful white dog! I swear this is the spitting image of my Missy! Love this card :) Dad and I enjoyed our time in the state parks much more than in urban areas...for me it was so much more relaxing, I didn't have to worry about traffic or people right on top of us and the dogs barking...means the world to me to find a place to relax after a long travel day! Sounds like y'all had a great trip!!

yoiyumtewa- beautiful purple bushes in Blue Spruce Park, PA I need to get more color into my yard landscape like these :)

mere5oh- coyote - we have a brazen (I assume male) coyote in my town...town being a rather loose term as the limits are just one sq mile and I live on the last town road. we have at least 6 packs of coyotes that roam around and this male is often seen laying near the highway in the middle of the day. could care less that people get near...it definitely could care less that my dogs bark at it. my dad shoots the ground near it to make it move off of our property (I can't stand the thought of actually shooting it and hurting it unless it goes after my dogs which are kept behind a chain link fence)

serafaina- fantastic HPotter pc, no i don't have very many. I just bought the last box that came out on Amazon and some of the cards may never leave my home. lol It's fun to remember scenes from the movies with the cards :)

steresem- pretty beach, i love watching the waves roll in and have done so for hours the few times I have been lucky enough to be at a beach :) I love Young Sheldon...even more than the big bang theory!!

alm74- great watercolor cat-- I can remember working full time and missing the many vacations I got as a student. lol now i have been unemployed for a while and working around the house...but I need to get a job to get me out of the house so I will actually make progress on my home projects!! lol

rockyroadtrip- keep calm and find the good in today poster-- I do try to live those words. I have no room for negativity in my life any more. Life is just too short.

Rocky Road Trip

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: RoadTripGloryDays

Mood: Smood!

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 01:22 PM
NARR June 2019 – Report #3

#02 Mischelina: sent an interesting signboard card depicting toll road rates on a Vermont thoroughfare in 1814. Interesting that the rates are higher if your travel purpose is “luxury” as opposed to work-related. And you’re right, very pricey rates for the time. 50 cents is still a toll in a lot of places today!

Also interesting, the mixed spelling on this card. The sign placard itself reads “Toll Gate” and “Signboard”, the descriptor reads “Tollgate” and “Sign Board” when, according to most dictionaries, tollgate and signboard are both spelled as one word. While, incidentally, toll road is two. Anyway, great addition to my tollbooth (one word) collection and terrific USPS stamps and ink stamps, too! Thanks.

#23 Steresem: sent a humor card from the Official Dictionary of Sarcasm giving us its definition of Drinking. Shows an illustration of someone doing an overhead keg press. Nice! And you’re right, I wouldn’t want to send this card to some, say, in Germany. They’d probably be VERY insulted. Thanks!

Okay, all my outgoing June cards have been sent…

And you can view all these incoming June cards HERE...

Rocky Road Trip #30
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 05:34 PM

#13 ladybug513 - Piccadilly Circus, London. I've been there, but not to Times Square, NYC, where you got to see Wicked. What a lovely 45th anniversary gift from your children! Our 45th wedding anniversary is this month. Thanks from #16.
alcott1

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: mebertram

Mood: Always happy when there are postcards in the mail.

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 08:36 PM

From #16 (hoot noodle)--beautiful rainbow over Bridalveil Fall in Yosemite. Thank you!
mere5oh

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 11:07 PM

#20 - Hi! I had been a part of this RR several years ago...2013-14? somewhere in there. I took a couple years off Postcrossing as I had a lot of personal issues going on. Things are better now, and for the most part, I've been back to this group. Love these people, and love that they regularly grace my mailbox every month! Thanks for the recipe card!
ladybug513

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 11:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by angeldreamer  
Quote: Originally posted by ladybug513  
Quote: Originally posted by YOIYUMTEWA  
#17 yoiyumtewa has received another cool card

#13 ladybug513 St George's Church, Nordlingen, Germany. Cool vintage black and white card. Your NYC trip...and to the Empire State Building...so, you have something of a Sleepless in Seattle life? Or was that You've Got Mail? I always get so confused....lol

That would be Sleepless in Seattle, although the ESB employee who took our photo declared it to be "An Affair to Remember!"
I believe Sleepless was supposed to be a remake...tho to me it feels entirely new haha. I guess because there was so many years in between....I find I am irritated with the remakes of films that are barely 20 years old and were good the first time around!

You are, of course, correct. I still cry whenever I watch "An Affair to Remember." Sleepless in Seattle is but a pale copy of the original!
mikeyz1

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: mikeyz1

Mood: Happily Worn Out

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 11:39 PM

#6 reporting

#2 Mischelina. . nice painting by one of the Floridian Highwaymen!

#12 FlagGazer, a great Joshua Tree National Park card. . .

#13 LadyBug513 sent a beautiful Monet card. So glad you had a great NYC trip!
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 12-6-2019 at 11:43 PM

#12 FlagGazer - art featuring Kokopelli (x3). Our family really enjoyed that character when we took a camping trip to the Southwest many years ago. Thanks from #16.
ladybug513

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 13-6-2019 at 01:25 AM

#13 with more cards to report from:

#2 mischelina – “Angel of God, my guardian dear. . .” A version of this illustration hung in our kindergarten classroom. We recited the prayer before starting our school day. Thank you! And, love the wonderful postage and ink stamps, especially the chicken popping up its head at the bottom of the card. Made me laugh!

#16 hootnoodle – Thank you for the view of Death Valley NP. What a wonderful California road trip you took through the national parks. It had to be awesome. I travel vicariously through your trips! Nice baseball park stamp!

#18 mere5oh – Thank you for the USPS issued Korean War Veterans Memorial stamp card. I actually had this stamp, but used it on a card to someone in this RR! We saw this memorial during one of our trips to D.C. I love the National Mall and all its memorials. I miss going there since our daughter moved back to our area.

#22 austen777 – My first Year of the Pig card! He’s so cute and such a chubby little fellow. I wish you joy, luck and happiness, too. Great Ruffed Grouse/Mountain Laurel stamp. Thank you!

#28 alm74 – Thank you for all the yummy berries. Now that summer is upon us, the fruit just gets better! I have to say, I’m glad I’m not living in Texas. We’ve been very lucky this year that the sunny days have been breezy and mostly on the cool side. Very spring like! But, I know it won’t last! Like the Columbian Expo stamp!

#30 Rocky Road Trip – Thank you for the LP type card featuring the fountain in Forsyth Park, Savannah. We were in Savannah several years ago for a wedding which took place on St. Patrick’s Day weekend. We were in Forsyth Park when they dyed the water in the fountain green – just the first of all the fountains in Savannah to be tinted green. It was a fun ceremony. We were glad we took the time to hike to the park from our hotel. Loved Savannah. It’s a very walkable city.
Hyshu65
formerly known as BeMySwapOrPenPal

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: BeMySwapOrPenPal

Mood: Waiting for Happy Mail

[*] posted on 13-6-2019 at 01:51 AM

#27 Reporting in

Received from

#2 Mischelina- Bayside Marketplace, Miami

#3 Cruzin- Delaware State Pride, a Lantern Press

#4 Angeldreamer- She went out of her way and generously sent me 17 vintage/retro cards dating from 1914 to 1980!!! Thank You So Much!

#13 ladybug513- Smithsonian National Postal Museum exhibit of Fire & Ice: Hindenburg and Titanic. Was displayed from March 2012 to January 2014

#18 mere5oh- Paris in red, Eiffel Tower in blue

#20 serafaina- Vintage Mount Vernon, VA, the Summer House

#28 Alm74- A small card of a vintage looking Ford wagon. The outside edges were punched or preforated to be like the sides of a stamp

#30 RockyRoadTrip- from The Impossible Project some slices of watermelon.

Thank you to all Ya'll for the delightful cards!
TandemStoker

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: TandemStoker

[*] posted on 13-6-2019 at 10:05 AM

11. TandemStoker. I received the following. :love:

2. mischelina. A pelican in the Virgin Islands National Park. I’ve been near pelicans but never up close and personal … LOL. Fun rubber stamps. Great postage. Thank you, Michelle!

5. Alcott1. A wonderful drawing of Glenn House in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. The “Following the Rivers” tour is my cup of tea. I hope you had a nice time. Thank you, Mary Ellen!

13. LadyBug513. A couple of fellas riding their bikes on a rural road. Wicked has come and gone and I missed it again. It’s been on my bucket list for a long time. Did you watch the Tonys the other night? Thank you, Susan!

16. Hootnoodle. Beautiful view of Half Dome in Yosemite. Sounds like you’ve been a busy gardener since your return. Thank you, Mary!

17. yoiyumtewa. The Golden Gate Bridge when it was being built. I love this perspective! Thank you, Rick!

18. mere5oh. A Frozen card - perfect for my couples collection! Thank you, Meredith!

20. Serafaina. Golden Gate Bridge. Welcome back! You have a puppy? Aww. What is her name? Thank you, Laura!

23. Steresem. A beautiful photo of the Broadway Bridge in Portland. I don’t see this type of bridge view very often and I love this perspective! Thank you, Stephanie!

27. HyShu65. Map of Texas to add to my collection. I love the illustration. Great postage. Thank you, Tami!

30. RockyRoadTrip. 150th Anniversary of the Golden Spike National Historic Site. I’m so happy to have this! Oh my brother in law is going to be jealous that I have this card! I just sent him a postcard with the new railroad postage. He wanted to work for the Railroad but ended up going into the Navy. Thank you, Rocky!
mikeyz1

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: mikeyz1

Mood: Happily Worn Out

[*] posted on 13-6-2019 at 07:46 PM

Updated! Please let me know if there are any oversights! :drool:
mere5oh

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 13-6-2019 at 08:09 PM

#3 - Thank you for the Day of the Dead LP card!!
#16 - Thank you for the beautiful waterfall viewcard!
#27 - Thanks for the TX map card!
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  10

Go To Top

Imprint