Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  10
Author: Subject: [RR] NA June RR - Fun in the sun [and mailbox] Game on!
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: hootnoodle

Mood: dismayed about current lack of checks and balances in national government

[*] posted on 22-6-2019 at 05:18 PM

#21 QueenKhaos - a beautiful view of Tower Falls in Yellowstone National Park. We visited that awesome park in 2013, and enjoyed lots of day hikes.
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 22-6-2019 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by volvomom  

#16 - very cool card with a dog (?), ufo, and language I don't recognize. Amazing stamps!

I chose that card for you because I thought it was a fox! :)
angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: Angeldreamer

[*] posted on 22-6-2019 at 06:32 PM

4. AngelDreamer
To Send:
To Receive: 2, 7, 8, 24

cawindt-- neat night photo of louisville, I can't imagine how you managed to slog thru all of those essays and still be able to put two thoughts together! lol

cruzin-- St. Martin tourist card, looks like a wonderful place to visit. i hope they bounce back and rebuild quickly.

mikeyz1-- pluto the mascot of HMS Cossack with some of his crew, I bet he does wonders for crew morale :) Wonder if he has a sandbox on the ship somewhere lol. If I had a bigger house I would be training my dogs to use one on rainy days so I didn't have to give so many showers/baths or worry about my carpets. If you aren't in good shape, you soon will be once your baby starts running around!! good luck!

TandemStoker-- junk shop/shed I hated antique and junk shops as a kid...the last 15 years or so I have learned to appreciate them and have fun looking thru, tho I do like a true vendor mall better with a good mix of new stuff too. I remember green stamps...my mom got some stuff with them when I was little but I don't remember what and she isn't around to ask anymore.

FlagGazer--paraglider...I always wanted to jump out of an airplane myself :) I think it would be so awesome. But I have also always been very practical and that is quite an expensive experience/hobby. Perhaps if I didn't have so many pets I could afford some of these expensive trips and experiences but I would miss the wet kisses and nuzzles and 3am requests to open the door so they can go out...even tho we have a darn doggy door they refuse to use!

kclou13-- pink bunch of flowers! Happy Birthday!! I haven't had a party since middle school either. I am not a real party person tho, I would rather rent a movie and order in pizza or chinese and CHILL.

QueenKhaos-- Great Harry Potter card and really neat quote from JK Rowling, "We do not need magic to transform the world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already." I don't think I have seen that one before...so insightful!

austen777-- red barn in a sunflower field in NY, and it could just as easily be IN and my gpa's barn!! love it! I am also doing binge watching of series on HULU and netflix and on demand. Normal tv has gone to all of these game shows or reruns so I am finding other things like entire seasons of ALONE from the History Channel. I like binge watching those rather than waiting each week for the update. lol

gbnaabennett--pretty butterfly, hope you are having a great vacation!!

volvomom-- beautiful Siberian Cat card. I have heard of Savers but I don't think we have one around here. I think I went to them when I was in FL. I tend to like the small charity shops over the bigger places and particularly in nice areas of town the offerings are usually pretty good!

hyshu65-- TX Armadillo...not sure I have ever seen one alive in the wild myself either!!

Steresem

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: steresem

[*] posted on 22-6-2019 at 10:09 PM

23 reporting

From 26, volvomom, a very fun bag-pipe playing Picatso! Thank you so much.
Gbnaabennett

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: gbnaabennett

Mood: Contemplative over a great many things

[*] posted on 23-6-2019 at 05:19 PM

#25 has received the following this week:
1-cawindt- yummy recipe for Bourbon balls!
3-Cruzin-lol at what you wrote, love the LP mermaid PC!
4-Angeldreamer- I bought this box, and love all the pc's!
6-mikeyz1-SQUEAL! Love skunk pc's!
16-hootnoodle- Race point lighthouse PC for my collection. Sounds like you guys are having fun!
19-Cassandra toucan PC
20-serafina love this sweet bunny PC! I agree, I first choose the PC, and address it, then once all the RR pc's are addressed, I will add decor and usually I will add postage then write. Sometimes I write then add postage if I don't have my postage handy. It's a process, lol, but I enjoy every step!

Thanks!
pinkstarfish

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: pinkstarfish

Mood: Impatiently watching the mailbox

[*] posted on 23-6-2019 at 09:19 PM

#8 reporting

I received several nice cards :love: :

#1 cawindt sent a viewcard of Louisville. How long have you been scoring AP History exams? I took mine in 2001. Thank you, Craig!

#3 Cruzin sent a Jetoy card. Fortunately, I haven’t been sunburned yet. Maybe it’s because we use SPF 50 sunscreen ;). Thank you, Lori!

#11 TandemStoker sent a Lantern Press wine card. I drink wine occasionally. We usually get a bottle at the beginning of the month and when it’s gone, that’s it. Thank you, Shirley!

#12 FlagGazer sent a Mount Hood Oregon card. It’s been a while since I’ve seen the mountains in person. Thank you, Cynthia!

#21 QueenKhaos sent a Hello Kitty card. Thanks for the card and quote, Kristy!

#26 volvomom sent a card of St.Petersburg. I too enjoy Russian :). Thank you, Kristin!
angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 24-6-2019 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gbnaabennett  

20-serafina love this sweet bunny PC! I agree, I first choose the PC, and address it, then once all the RR pc's are addressed, I will add decor and usually I will add postage then write. Sometimes I write then add postage if I don't have my postage handy. It's a process, lol, but I enjoy every step!

Thanks!
I have a similar process but how can you write and decorate before you know how many stamps you are using? ! I know you use vintage stamps as well and those take up more room than one pc stamp. Lol
TandemStoker

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: TandemStoker

[*] posted on 24-6-2019 at 11:41 AM

11. TandemStoker. I received the following. :love:

1. Cawindt. The Oaks Lily - what a pretty drink … and yes perfect for summer! I turned on the tv the other morning and saw parts of the Royal Ascot. New-to-me postage - Solar energy and Letters mingle souls. Thank you, Craig!

21. QueenChaos. Lone Star Geyser in Yellowstone! Yellowstone is a favorite of mine. We visited late fall last year and there were still crowds. I can't imagine what it's like during the summer. I don't think there's an off season anymore. Thank you, Kristy!

22. Austen777. Pennsylvania Typography by Lantern Press. Love this style. Do you like pretzels with or without salt? Aren’t you glad you know where the better pretzel is? Happy to have the Colorado postage. Thank you, Michele!

25. Gbnaabennett. Another Doll Scene postcard! I love these so much and you’ve given me quite the collection. My little 2-year old niece has the gap between her two front teeth (diastema) just like this doll. Great postage and the heart jewels were intact. Thank you, Barbara!

26. Volvomom. Wonderful graffiti aka urban art in Hosier Lane in Melbourne. I love graffiti art and really want to take the time to photograph the graffiti on trains during our road trips one day. Thank you, Kristin!
YOIYUMTEWA

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: YOIYUMTEWA

Mood: content

[*] posted on 24-6-2019 at 08:37 PM

#17 reporting in:

#27 hyshu65 Austin TX skyline. Vintage stamps. The USPS cancelled the front of the card rather than the stamps......too funny

#26 Volvomom picture by Charles Nast, Detroit Photographic Company: Ute Chief Sevara and family, 1899. The picture looks more like a painting than photo. Couldn't find any info on the photographer, but did find some on the company.

#21 QueenKhaos picture of a fawn. Must have been comfortable around people...it looks so calm as it is sitting there being photographed
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 24-6-2019 at 11:00 PM

#16 Volvomom - Ecuador facts, most not familiar to me. No, I haven't been to Ecuador, though I've long wanted to visit the Galapagos Islands. I get motion sick easily and am apprehensive about traveling there.

Thank you from #16
Rocky Road Trip

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: RoadTripGloryDays

Mood: Smood!

[*] posted on 25-6-2019 at 01:36 PM
NARR June 2019 – Report #6

#11 TandemStoker: sent a vintage card of Bob-O, the clown! The most taboo card-category to send anyone on Postcrossing! - thanks to some pandemic fear of them. I should probably start collecting clown cards, just to give people, like you said, a safe place to send them. Hilarious. Thanks!

#21 QueenKhaos: sent a scenic shot of Sims Pond situated right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great Lao Tzu quote about journeys (road trips), too. Thanks!

#26 Volvomom: sent a card that originated in Kumlinge, part of the Aland Islands situated off Finland. Shows boot tracks in a dusting of snow. “Peace and Quiet” translates the card from Swedish. They probably left out Frigid, as well. Thanks!

You can view all these incoming June cards HERE...

Just waiting on: 07, 08, and 24

Rocky Road Trip #30
roxy

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: akaroxy2

[*] posted on 25-6-2019 at 04:36 PM

My cards are ready for the mail, finally. Please accept my apologies for being tardy this month. My mother was ill since last month and passed away last week so as you can imagine I haven't had much time for postcards.
roxy

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: akaroxy2

[*] posted on 25-6-2019 at 06:04 PM

Going through my mail from the last couple weeks and I have a bunch of wonderful cards to report:

#2 - Princess Diana:thumbup:

#3 - Elvis!

#5 - the house Riverside - the Farnsley - Moremen Landing in Kentucky (shame about the kitchen)

#12 - assorted brightly coloured doors - so inviting!

#13 - Palomino Motel

#16 - beautiful Santa Barbara Mission

#17 - Coco Palms Hotel in Hawaii interior view :bouncing:

#18 - vintage San Francisco cable car

#19 - Gateway Arch in St. Louis

#20 - awesome covered bridge then and now of Cheat Bridge in West Virginia :thumbup:

#23 - Hell's Island movie poster - love your Washi tape!!

#27 - a lovely nostalgic Route 66

#28 - Tulluride mountains

#30 - ad card for Tatko Bros. Slate Company - what a stunning interior... I'd buy that house!
Rocky Road Trip

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: RoadTripGloryDays

Mood: Smood!

sad.gif posted on 25-6-2019 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by roxy  
My mother was ill since last month and passed away last week so as you can imagine I haven't had much time for postcards.
:( So sorry to hear that, Roxy. Take a pass from me this month... I know you are good for some really great cards in the future!
angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 26-6-2019 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rocky Road Trip  
My mother was ill since last month and passed away last week so as you can imagine I haven't had much time for postcards.
:( So sorry to hear that, Roxy. Take a pass from me this month... I know you are good for some really great cards in the future!

OMG Roxie...so very sorry to hear that. same goes for me, take care of yourself and your family first and foremost.
Hyshu65
formerly known as BeMySwapOrPenPal

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: BeMySwapOrPenPal
Member Is Online

[*] posted on 26-6-2019 at 05:26 PM

#27 Reporting in

#1 cawindt sent a Louisville Slugger bat getting branded. I, too, have been to the factory and got a little wooden bat. It was awesome!

#11 TandemStoker sent a gorgeous view from Glacier National Park of St. Mary Lake.

#21 QueenKhaos sent a wooden bridge along the Blue Ridge Parkway with trees with Autumn leaves on them.

#26 Volvomom sent a view of Massachusetts farmland with the Connecticut River near Sunderland.

Thank to all for the awesome cards!
FlyingJenn

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: FlyingJenn

[*] posted on 26-6-2019 at 06:20 PM

Sent 1 thru 17 today.
alcott1

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: mebertram

Mood: Always happy when there are postcards in the mail.

[*] posted on 27-6-2019 at 02:08 AM

#5 reporting

Three beautiful cards today:
#6 (mikeyz1)--Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park
#11 (TandemStoker)--Glacier National Park
#21 (Queenkhaos)--Yellowstone National Park
Thank you for the lovely cards.
austen777

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: austen777

[*] posted on 27-6-2019 at 03:00 AM

Thank you for the wonderful cards I received this past week:

#3 cruzin - ADG Nashville Acoustic Bluegrass - we share the same sentiments about laundry :) Cute Snoopy sticker too.

#26 volvomom - very cute owl square card - Yes, I have ordered from postallove before. I collect GF cards and I really like the movie poster postcards.

#27 Hyshu65 - beautiful card featuring a herd of cows in Texas
mere5oh

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: mere5oh

Mood: Really...?!

[*] posted on 27-6-2019 at 04:05 AM

#1 - Thanks, Craig, for the recipe card! I hope Oscar made it home safely (and all the stuff he wanted, too)! Niklas left many of his clothes here. They have been taken over by my son, Andre. Hope you're having a great time in Germany!
#21 - Thanks for the tree card! I drove through the old giant one that used to be at or near Redwood Park ( I was 5 when I went through, but the tree has since been cut down because it was diseased.)
#22 - Thank you for the tree card! It's quite pretty!
#26 - Thanks for the quote card!
mikeyz1

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: mikeyz1

Mood: Complain less, sleep more

[*] posted on 27-6-2019 at 03:17 PM

Updated (Please let me know if there are any corrections)

And I received a great Obama card from #3 Cruzin. Love it!!
YOIYUMTEWA

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: YOIYUMTEWA

Mood: content

[*] posted on 27-6-2019 at 11:15 PM

My cards are ready for the mail, finally. Please accept my apologies for being tardy this month. My mother was ill since last month and passed away last week so as you can imagine I haven't had much time for postcards.

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family. No need to worry about a card my way if it has not been sent.....
ladybug513

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: ladybug513

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 28-6-2019 at 12:41 AM

I am very sorry for your mother's passing. Sincere sympathy to you and your family. Please don't stress over cards this month. I know it is such a difficult time.
alm74

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: AmberLeigh

Mood: Sleepy

[*] posted on 28-6-2019 at 01:55 AM

#28 has received...

1- Kentucky horse racing with beautiful horses of course!
2- awesome vintage Hotel Perce in Quebec
3- super shiny “no prob llama”
4- lovely red roses
5- Kentucky dreamin - more beautiful horses
6- gorgeous green sea turtle from the Toledo aquarium and zoo
11- beautiful view of the Canyonlands National Park in Utah
12- wonderful statue of King Kamehameha I, Iolani Palace, Hawaii
13- interesting Bell Tower in Frederick, MD
16- neat county courthouse in Santa Barbara
18- awesome LP poster of Venice
19- another beautiful horses card with a colorful sky
20- wonderful vintage Holiday Inn
21- super cute sloth
22- gorgeous Georgian revival mansion built by Lincoln’s son in Vermont
23- great Anne Taintor - she made yet another wise shopping decision
25- fantastic vintage Belvedere Manor in the Catskills, NY
26- absolutely adorable hedgehog
27- super cute little boy holding a Texas flag - The Lone Star State
30- lovely Japanese artwork - Portuguese in Japan, early 17th century

I love them all!
austen777

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: austen777

[*] posted on 28-6-2019 at 03:00 AM

#21 QueenKhaos - Thank you for the cute piggy and for sending it in an envelope :)
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  10

Go To Top

Imprint