Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: 150yearsofpostcards - 4th Annual Washington, DC Postcrossing Meet-Up – September 28th, 2019
kelseyhannah

Country Flag:
United States

United States

Mood: I'll tell you when the mail comes!

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 07:46 PM

I may be there for Part II :)
sandraendress

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: sandraendress

[*] posted on 16-9-2019 at 03:35 PM

Would anybody swap with a meetup Card? Can send from Goslar 5.10
Cyberpaola

Country Flag:
Italy

Italy
Postcrossing Username: cyberpaola

[*] posted on 16-9-2019 at 04:28 PM

hello everybody!
I would like to swap a postcard from your meeting with this 150th anniversary celebrative postcard designed by myself or with meeting card Pescara 4.08

thank you
paola

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10220691661425068&set=a....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10220570260990133&set=a....
ChaelaMonstah

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: ChaelaMonstah

Mood: Homer:Oh, so they have internet on computers now!

[*] posted on 19-9-2019 at 12:44 PM

Hi all!

I believe I sent this message to everyone that posted or contacted me about the meet-up, but posting it in the thread just in case I missed anyone. :)

“Ahoy-hoy!

The Washington, DC 4th Annual Meet-Up is just a little over a week away - hooray!

As you expressed interest in attending the meet-up, I just wanted to reach out to see if you’ll be attending the event. If so, please let me know if you’ll be attending Part I (Newseum), Part II (“Postcard Autograph Session” at the US Postal Museum), or both Part I & II.

The itinerary for the meet-up can be found on the original forum event page: https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=124203#pid9207467

For those attending the Newseum portion of the event, tickets (https://www.newseum.org/visit/tickets/) can be purchased in advance online (you will receive a 15% discount on the regular $24.95 rate) or in person. There are also discounts available for children, youth, seniors, AAA members, and more. We will be meeting near the Newseum main entrance at 8:30am and will start our self-guided tour at approximately 9:00am. Please feel free to tour with the group or move at your own pace if preferred.

For those attending Part I, you can take the Metro from the Newseum area to Union Station for Part II of the meet-up or you can opt to walk (it’s approximately a one mile walk).

I had two different meet-up cards professionally printed. There should be plenty of cards to go around, but please also feel free to bring your own postcards to have signed or feel free to purchase postcards (the Newseum has a few different postcards for sale, Union Station has a few stores that sell postcards, the US Postal Museum sells a few different postcards and usually offers a few free postcards).

Meet-Up Design #1:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48624586177_790a870a55_n.jpg

Meet-Up Design #2 150 Years of Postcards:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48624586192_383b74abec_n.jpg

Stamps can also be purchased at the US Postal Museum and postcards can be mailed from the museum (postcards mailed from the museum typically have a neat museum related postmark). I always recommend mailing yourself a meet-up postcard - it makes for a great souvenir.

Please note that you will be signing many postcards during the autograph session. I strongly recommend purchasing name-stickers (with your Postcrossing username) or stamp (be mindful that many inks smear quite easily). If you opt to sign your name/username on the cards with a good old fashioned pen, like with stamp ink, non fast-drying ink will end up on more places than the postcard.

Should you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to send me a message or text/call my cell: Please PM for number.

I’m currently on an airplane heading to Orlando, but I’ll respond to any messages I receive as soon as possible.

I’m looking forward to another incredible meet-up!

All the best,
Michaela
(ChaelaMonstah)”
jpdagb

Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: Joao_Pedro

[*] posted on 22-9-2019 at 10:53 PM

Hello.

I would like a meet-up card from your Washington, DC meet-up.
In return, I can send you one of these:

9th Christmas meetup - Viseu (PT), 24-25 December 2018 - unstamped/unsigned
14th National Meetup – Chaves (PT) 20-21 July 2019 – signed/stamped or unstamped/unsigned
Meetup Lisboa (PT), 1 September 2019 – signed/stamped.

Please U2U me if interested.

Best wishes and happy meet-up!

Joao Pedro
ChaelaMonstah

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 24-9-2019 at 05:46 PM

Hello all! I just updated the list for "Confirmed" attendees - if I missed your confirmation message, please don't hesitate to let me know. So sorry for the slow replies and updates! Do you ever feel like you need a vacation after coming back from a vacation? :P

I'm so looking forward to meeting the new attendees and seeing familiar faces this weekend! :)
ana
Administrator

Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: meiadeleite

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 02:20 PM

Dear Michaela and other postcrossers in Washington,

We'd like to invite everyone organizing meetings around the 150th anniversary of postcards to do something a little bit extra on the day, if possible. :) Here are some suggestions:

- Broadcast a little video message from your meeting, either live or by recording a video and uploading it. For example, sing or wish the postcard a happy birthday, or show the world what your celebrations look like.

- Connect with another meetup happening simultaneously in another location, so that a small moment of connection can be established between the 2 groups of postcard enthusiasts! Remember to reach out to the respective meetup organizer beforehand, in order to exchange contacts and sort out a suitable time.

- Take pictures and share them with us! Tag them #150yearsofpostcards or send them to us on social media or via email, so that we can share them with the whole community. We would like everyone to feel included and to show the world what the celebrations of this special milestone look like.

Most of all, we hope you enjoy the event and this special day together — it's a birthday party, so remember to relax and have fun. :)

Good luck, and long live the postcard!
ChaelaMonstah

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 28-9-2019 at 11:49 PM

Thank you to everyone that attended today’s meet-up! As always, it was an absolute pleasure to make new friends and see long-time postcard pals in person.

I posted some of the photos from the meet-up on my Facebook page in case anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/100000762262332/posts/2370306306338088?sfns...

Until next year! :)
rjmom

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: rjmom

[*] posted on 29-9-2019 at 01:23 AM

Thanks for organizing again this year, Michaela. It was great to see some old Postcrossing friends and meet new ones. Lots of fun, but boy am I exhausted!
Plaincheesecake

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: PlainCheesecake

[*] posted on 29-9-2019 at 12:41 PM

I had such a great time! Thank you for organizing. Next year, I'll be prepared with stickers and stamps! :lol:
Aviacionado

Country Flag:
Brazil

Brazil
Postcrossing Username: Aviacionado

Mood: Always Positive!

[*] posted on 29-9-2019 at 02:09 PM

Thank you for organizing the Meetup Michaela!
I had a great time on all the activities! I saw interesting beautiful places and met nice folks!
Thank you all the attendees for sharing your free postcards and for the nice chat! Moreover, thank you for signing my postcards!
Until next year!
Cheers.
Plaincheesecake

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: PlainCheesecake

[*] posted on 30-9-2019 at 04:47 PM

Before I forget, here’s a link for the Wine and Design programming held at the Postal Museum. They are low-key and always fun, https://postalmuseum.si.edu/education/wine-and-design/index.html.
pbjohnny5

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: pbjohnny5

Mood: Curiouser and curiouser

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:59 PM

I had a wonderful time, and I'm so glad I got to meet you all!

A big thank you to Michaela for organizing, and I hope to come again next year!
Hexyr

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: hexyr

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 03:10 AM

I wanted to write this the other

It was alot of fun meeting everyone
Michaela Thank you so much for organizing this.
I hope to go again Next year or if you guys have something soon

yellowrose70

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: yellowrose70

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 11:32 PM

🌺Michaela🌺
Forgive as my words don't even begin to express how well the meet-up went or how awesomest U R, but I'll try!
Thank you for organizing the entire meet-up: the tour at Newseum, Union Station and then to the postal museum for the meet-up. You went above and beyond-how wonderful to receive lanyards, postcards of the meet-up and to visit new places. And most especially it was an honor to meet you & your side-kick pack mule (his term, not mine, wink wink). Again I have not begun to capture your generosity, effort or you, a wonderful human: you rock 😎🎸
yellowrose70

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 11:34 PM

And now forgive me for my inability to understand forums and the use of smileys on my ipad.
yellowrose70

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 11:36 PM

And to everyone that was able to meet-up it was a great pleasure to meet. Looking forward to more met-up and adventures!!
ned44440

Country Flag:
Ireland

Ireland
Postcrossing Username: ned44440

Mood: Always happy

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 10:04 PM

I received an awesome postcard signed by so many people from this event and am so thankful. I hope you all had a wonderful time.
There is no ID Number on the postcard and I am guessing it was from " rjmom " who had already sent me a lovely "Owney" postcard from the Smithsonian National Postal Museum. I thank you most sincerely and I really appreciate both postcards.
Best wishes, Nora
piscean

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: piscean

[*] posted on 19-10-2019 at 12:55 AM

I, too received a great card from this meeting - and was very happy indeed! A big thank you to you all! :D

I thought it was an official card but there was no ID or message on it, only a number of signatures - so I assumed that someone had forgotten to add it, in the excitement of the day, and I asked the admins for help. :info:

But I was advised that it may have been a RAS, and have come to the conclusion that the most likely sender would have been yellowrose70? (Please do message me if it was you!)

Thank you again. It sounds like you've all had a brilliant time - and you made me look forward to my next meet-up!

Cheers, everyone! :love:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

Imprint