Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: (UPDATED) Southern California/Montclair 150 years of postcards meet up October 6, 2019
jessesp

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: jessesp

[*] posted on 9-9-2019 at 08:44 PM
(UPDATED) Southern California/Montclair 150 years of postcards meet up October 6, 2019

CITY/REGION: Montclair
DATE: Sunday, October 6, 2019
TIME: 10am-12pm
MEETUP PLACE: Montclair Place foodcourt 5060 S. Montclair Plaza Ln. Montclair, CA 91763 (enter on Moreno St.)

Looking forward to meeting more & seeing some returning faces. If you would like to see photos from previous meet ups, you can find us on Facebook or Instagram @snailmailsocialclubsocal

We’ve got a couple surprises planned to celebrate 150 years of postcards so please inform me if you will be attending.

***To celebrate the anniversary of postcards we have a fun activity planned for our next meet up!

Bring 10 USED postcards you have received. This means cards that have writing on them that you have received. Don’t worry, you’ll get them back! ***
swan
Administrator

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: swan

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 02:57 AM

I’ve found a bus connection that will take just over 2 hours and will get me there by about 10:15. Planning to be there.
jessesp

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 10-9-2019 at 05:42 PM

Oh wow! Well we really appreciate you making the effort to get here! We look forward to seeing you :)

Quote: Originally posted by swan  
I’ve found a bus connection that will take just over 2 hours and will get me there by about 10:15. Planning to be there.

jessesp

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 18-9-2019 at 11:25 PM

To celebrate the anniversary of postcards we have a fun activity planned for our next meet up!

Bring 10 USED postcards you have received. This means cards that have writing on them that you have received. Don’t worry, you’ll get them back!
ana
Administrator

Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: meiadeleite

[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 02:44 PM

Dear Jesse (and local postcrossers),

We'd like to invite everyone organizing meetings around the 150th anniversary of postcards to do something a little bit extra on the day, if possible. :) Here are some suggestions:

- Broadcast a little video message from your meeting, either live or by recording a video and uploading it. For example, sing or wish the postcard a happy birthday, or show the world what your celebrations look like.

- Connect with another meetup happening simultaneously in another location, so that a small moment of connection can be established between the 2 groups of postcard enthusiasts! Remember to reach out to the respective meetup organizer beforehand, in order to exchange contacts and sort out a suitable time.

- Take pictures and share them with us! Tag them #150yearsofpostcards or send them to us on social media or via email, so that we can share them with the whole community. We would like everyone to feel included and to show the world what the celebrations of this special milestone look like.

Most of all, we hope you enjoy the event and this special day together — it's a birthday party, so remember to relax and have fun. :)

Good luck, and long live the postcard!
jessesp

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 30-9-2019 at 04:12 AM

We absolutely will at least take some pictures & tag you :)

Quote: Originally posted by ana  
Dear Jesse (and local postcrossers),

We'd like to invite everyone organizing meetings around the 150th anniversary of postcards to do something a little bit extra on the day, if possible. :) Here are some suggestions:

- Broadcast a little video message from your meeting, either live or by recording a video and uploading it. For example, sing or wish the postcard a happy birthday, or show the world what your celebrations look like.

- Connect with another meetup happening simultaneously in another location, so that a small moment of connection can be established between the 2 groups of postcard enthusiasts! Remember to reach out to the respective meetup organizer beforehand, in order to exchange contacts and sort out a suitable time.

- Take pictures and share them with us! Tag them #150yearsofpostcards or send them to us on social media or via email, so that we can share them with the whole community. We would like everyone to feel included and to show the world what the celebrations of this special milestone look like.

Most of all, we hope you enjoy the event and this special day together — it's a birthday party, so remember to relax and have fun. :)

Good luck, and long live the postcard!
jessesp

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 06:03 PM

Only a few days away! I have some goodies to share with those who are joining us. Please let me know via a reply or message if you will be joining us so I can be prepared. Looking forward to seeing returning faces & meeting some new people.
swan
Administrator

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: swan

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 07:12 PM

So is it S or E or N Montclair Plaza, or is that basically all the same? (The invite you posted elsewhere had a different direction than the post here, then Google maps changed it to the third one) Is the food court on the second floor?
jessesp

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 5-10-2019 at 04:44 AM

They all lead you to the mall, just different entrances. You want to enter where you see “Moreno Street Market” written in huge writing outside the mall. There is a photo of the entrance on our Instagram that could be helpful. But any entrance is fine really, just make your way to the foodcourt once you’re inside. The foodcourt is upstairs, yes. Day of if you have questions send me a message on Instagram as sometimes I don’t get these notifications from here “real time”.

Quote: Originally posted by swan  
So is it S or E or N Montclair Plaza, or is that basically all the same? (The invite you posted elsewhere had a different direction than the post here, then Google maps changed it to the third one) Is the food court on the second floor?

Go To Top

Imprint