Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom


Printable Version  
Author: Subject: #150yearsofpostcards PC Meeting Warsaw October 12, 2019
Ragnell
New Member
**




Posts: 3
Registered: 13-9-2019
Country Flag:
Poland

Poland
Postcrossing Username: Ragnell
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 13-9-2019 at 11:44 AM
#150yearsofpostcards PC Meeting Warsaw October 12, 2019


Hello everybody!

We are happy to announce we join to celebratation of 150th anniversary of postcards in Warsaw :)


City: Warsaw/ Warszawa

1st part of meeting:
Where: The Museum of Warsaw, Postcard Cabinet,
Rynek Starego Miasta 28-42 (Old Town Market Place 28-42), 00-272 Warszawa
When: October 12, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11.15 a.m.

2nd part of meeting
Where: Poczta Glowna (Main Post Office), Swietokrzyska 31-33, 00-001 Warszawa
When: October 12, 2019
Time: 12:00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.


The 1st part of meeting is in The Museum of Warsaw, in Postcard Cabinet. We will see and listen about postcards from XIX c. and interwar period. Museum of Warsaw is in The Old Town, with great historical architecture, absolutely worth of watching.

The 2nd part of meeting is in the Main Post Office of the capital of Poland.
There will be commemorative postcards mady by postcrossers and special cancellation made by Polish Post. Also one of the postal counters will be dedicated for us during the meetup.

We are planning also:

1. Competition with set of postcards as a prize founded by Polish Post and Postrabit (Polish postcard on-line shop). The questions will concern knowledge about postcards, postcrossing and Warsaw :)

2. Commemorative photos of postcrossers with the Polish flag in both locations.

3. Picture of map of Poland with the hashtag #150yearsofpostcards :) We add to the map push pin flags jammed into towns from which the members of the meeting came.


If you need more details, please contact us :)

If you join the meeting & need some help, feel free to contact me: +48 508 967 019



Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/504814283650102/
Please, notice that the event is announced on fansite Postcrossing Poland group, so if you're not a member you may not see it.


Feel free to bring up to yourself inking stamper with your Postcrossing name on it, pens that write, address book, stickers etc. :)



Hope to see you there!


P.S.

Our postcard were chose as one of illustrations in interview with Paolo and Ana made by Postcrossers from Petersburg. You may read the article here, text is in English, too:
https://vk.com/@club_postcrossing-intervu-s-osnovatelyami-proekta-po...


Photo of The Museum of Warsaw: Marcin Czechowicz


MOJA DRUGA POCZToWKA internet.jpg - 35kB

MW_2017_06-0818MC.jpg - 60kB
View user's profile View All Posts By User
ana
Administrator
********


Avatar


Posts: 846
Registered: 30-11-2005
Location: Tavira, Portugal
Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: meiadeleite
Member Is Online


[*] posted on 25-9-2019 at 02:42 PM


Dear Polish postcrossers,

We'd like to invite everyone organizing meetings around the 150th anniversary of postcards to do something a little bit extra on the day, if possible. :) Here are some suggestions:

- Broadcast a little video message from your meeting, either live or by recording a video and uploading it. For example, sing or wish the postcard a happy birthday, or show the world what your celebrations look like.

- Connect with another meetup happening simultaneously in another location, so that a small moment of connection can be established between the 2 groups of postcard enthusiasts! Remember to reach out to the respective meetup organizer beforehand, in order to exchange contacts and sort out a suitable time.

- Take pictures and share them with us! Tag them #150yearsofpostcards or send them to us on social media or via email, so that we can share them with the whole community. We would like everyone to feel included and to show the world what the celebrations of this special milestone look like.

Most of all, we hope you enjoy the event and this special day together it's a birthday party, so remember to relax and have fun. :)

Good luck, and long live the postcard!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User
realfantasy
Member
***


Avatar


Posts: 62
Registered: 6-3-2019
Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: realfantasy
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 06:40 AM


Quote: Originally posted by Ragnell  
Hello everybody!

We are happy to announce we join to celebratation of 150th anniversary of postcards in Warsaw :)

Hope to see you there!




! !

View user's profile View All Posts By User
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator
*********


Avatar


Posts: 5934
Registered: 30-11-2005
Location: Hindmarsh Island Australia
Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo
Member Is Offline

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 02:11 AM


From the Administrator I remind members that is section is English only. Please read the Forum Rules
View user's profile View All Posts By User
Ragnell
New Member
**




Posts: 3
Registered: 13-9-2019
Country Flag:
Poland

Poland
Postcrossing Username: Ragnell
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 09:33 AM


Hello Ana,

thank you! We'll add some of your great suggestions to our meeting :)

I update program of the Warsaw meeting above. How may I add those informations to https://150yearsofpostcards.com/ ?


Quote: Originally posted by ana  
Dear Polish postcrossers,

We'd like to invite everyone organizing meetings around the 150th anniversary of postcards to do something a little bit extra on the day, if possible. :) Here are some suggestions:

- Broadcast a little video message from your meeting, either live or by recording a video and uploading it. For example, sing or wish the postcard a happy birthday, or show the world what your celebrations look like.

- Connect with another meetup happening simultaneously in another location, so that a small moment of connection can be established between the 2 groups of postcard enthusiasts! Remember to reach out to the respective meetup organizer beforehand, in order to exchange contacts and sort out a suitable time.

- Take pictures and share them with us! Tag them #150yearsofpostcards or send them to us on social media or via email, so that we can share them with the whole community. We would like everyone to feel included and to show the world what the celebrations of this special milestone look like.

Most of all, we hope you enjoy the event and this special day together it's a birthday party, so remember to relax and have fun. :)

Good luck, and long live the postcard!
View user's profile View All Posts By User
realfantasy
Member
***


Avatar


Posts: 62
Registered: 6-3-2019
Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: realfantasy
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 8-10-2019 at 07:37 AM


Hello dears! Let's exchange postcards from our meetings! We will be happy to write off in private messages, if you agree to the exchange.

hr1KG_kN_HA.jpg - 196kB
View user's profile View All Posts By User
kraghavendrabhat
Member
*****




Posts: 207
Registered: 23-7-2015
Country Flag:
India

India
Postcrossing Username: kraghavendrabhat
Member Is Offline

Mood: A smile is like an instant facelift and instant mood lift

[*] posted on 10-10-2019 at 05:08 AM




U2U sent
Interested in one signed meet up card swap.
View user's profile View All Posts By User
realfantasy
Member
***


Avatar


Posts: 62
Registered: 6-3-2019
Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: realfantasy
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 14-10-2019 at 07:45 AM


Thank you very much for your attention and response, Sara & Kuba (Hedgehogs) ! Exchange found!
View user's profile View All Posts By User
Ragnell
New Member
**




Posts: 3
Registered: 13-9-2019
Country Flag:
Poland

Poland
Postcrossing Username: Ragnell
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 14-10-2019 at 08:12 PM


Quote: Originally posted by realfantasy  
Hello dears! Let's exchange postcards from our meetings! We will be happy to write off in private messages, if you agree to the exchange.


I'm happy you found someone :)
View user's profile View All Posts By User
pigifly
Member
*****




Posts: 381
Registered: 10-2-2017
Country Flag:
China

China
Postcrossing Username: pig_i_fly
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 17-10-2019 at 07:45 AM


Hello,I'd like to recieve a meetup card from you.Could you do me a favor?
I could send a PC meetup card from Chongqing on Octo 19,2019.
Thank you.
https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=125791
View user's profile View All Posts By User
isagv
Member
******




Posts: 2100
Registered: 29-5-2006
Location: Grevenbroich
Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: isagv
Member Is Offline

Mood: RIP Gaudi cat. Love you (2004-2018)

[*] posted on 22-10-2019 at 10:57 AM


Thank you tajaaa ♥ for your 150 years of postcards meeting card. :D
View user's profile View All Posts By User
KAS
Member
*****




Posts: 830
Registered: 17-1-2013
Location: Norway
Country Flag:
Norway

Norway
Postcrossing Username: KAS
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 29-10-2019 at 04:58 PM


Thank you so much AgnieszkaTrn for the meetup card! So nice of you to think of me :) :) Thanks also to all who signed, hope you had a lovely time!
View user's profile View All Posts By User

  Go To Top

Imprint