Author: Subject: I got rematched
humanityera

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: humanityera

[*] posted on 21-11-2019 at 07:34 AM
I got rematched

So there has been a theory on this forum that if you send someone a post card and it falls off the system, you can be re matched. Well it happened to me! I drew this profile, it seemed a bit too familiar to me, not in the sense that I ran into it while lurking around the place, but I was like this profile picture and user name is a bit too familiar, and now after a few days it hit me. I was matched with them but it expired and fell off the system. Unfortunately I realized this after mailing my postcard so cant tell them this.. but I really hope it reaches this time. It would be so disappointing to re match and it not reach second time around.
-Bille-
German Community moderator

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Bille

Mood: It’s a Beautiful Day to Save Lives. #WearAMask

[*] posted on 21-11-2019 at 08:08 AM

I have that years ago too.

I wrote on the 2nd card about that, but the recipient doesn't say any word about it in the hurray message.
siobhan

Postcrossing Username: siobhan

[*] posted on 21-11-2019 at 08:39 AM

It once happened to me as well. And I also mentioned it on the card, but the receiver didn't mention it either when he reigstered my card. :D But the second card took only 2 days (to France), so there wasn't much time to worry. The user was very active though, so I wasn't really in doubt whether he would register my card. It was rather obvious the first one really did get lost in the mail.
lydacher

Postcrossing Username: lydacher

[*] posted on 21-11-2019 at 04:14 PM

This happened to me, too, and the second card I sent was not registered either, even though the recipient appeared to be an active Postcrosser. Maybe I'll eventually get her address a third time?
LyndaC

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: LyndaC

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 12:07 AM

I was so excited that it happened and only about a week after the year had expired I wrote to Ana and Paulo to tell them. I told the lady that I sent it to. She was surprised and happy that she got the second card.
humanityera

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 08:27 PM

my re match has arrived, woohoo

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-6379667
elanlei

Country Flag:
Great Britain

Great Britain
Postcrossing Username: elanlei

Mood: rainy

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 08:33 PM

I requested five addresses yesterday. All were Russian as expected, and two consecutive addresses were for the same user with two different accounts. There was a small variation in the address so they know which is which. I sent two nice cards matching their wishes and labeled the cards as #1 and #2. I hope they arrive at the same time.
humanityera

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 10:14 PM

i once got someone who had two accounts and both accounts had sent/recieved a tone of postcards.. what annoyed me is that they linked in each account to the other and expected us to see the recieved walls on BOTH so that we dont repeat a postcard
piscean

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: piscean

[*] posted on 18-2-2020 at 01:41 AM

That rematching thing just happened to me as well. I drew some addresses tonight and one of the user names immediately sounded familiar... I checked my record of expired/deleted cards and yes, I previously wrote a card to the same lady in France. It fell off the system just 10 months ago.

Also I am pretty certain that I sent her a message to enquire about the card at the time when it expired, but she never responded. :(

Let's hope my second card will fare better!
siobhan

Postcrossing Username: siobhan

[*] posted on 18-2-2020 at 08:44 AM

I also got rematched again recently - I drew the address of someone I had sent a card to in December 2018, so his address had only just fallen off the system when I got it again. He also never responded to a message I had sent him, so I did feel a bit uneasy about sending to him again. But this time the card was registered quickly. :)
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: SnowApple

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 23-2-2020 at 10:07 PM

I got rematched to a user in Finland who I sent an expired card too. But this time she sent me a card! I am glad at least one of us received the card, hehe. :D
piscean

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: piscean

[*] posted on 23-2-2020 at 10:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by piscean  
That rematching thing just happened to me as well. I drew some addresses tonight and one of the user names immediately sounded familiar... I checked my record of expired/deleted cards and yes, I previously wrote a card to the same lady in France. It fell off the system just 10 months ago.

Also I am pretty certain that I sent her a message to enquire about the card at the time when it expired, but she never responded. :(

Let's hope my second card will fare better!

Registered today! :D - within 6 days.
helent

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: helent

[*] posted on 24-2-2020 at 05:19 AM

I once sent a card to someone who had me listed on their profile as an expired card. I didn't mention it though, because what's the point? Sorry I never received the card you sent me?
KAS

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway
Postcrossing Username: KAS

[*] posted on 1-3-2020 at 11:18 AM

This is just happened to me! First time! At least that I have noticed. The user has some specific info in their profile which I thought seemed familiar. Turned out I first got their address on Sept 30, 2018. And right now I got their address again. :) :) I think I'll mention it on the card, just for fun. :) (Active user, I have no doubt that the first card was just lost. It happens.)

Go To Top

Imprint