Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CANCELLED - Possible Postcard Meetup in Venezia, 14.07.2020 - Depending on current Covid19-situation
ScandinavianTraveler

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway
Postcrossing Username: ScandinavianTraveler

[*] posted on 21-3-2020 at 08:09 AM
CANCELLED - Possible Postcard Meetup in Venezia, 14.07.2020 - Depending on current Covid19-situation

CITY/REGION: Venezia
DATE: 14.07.2020
TIME: 3 p.m.
MEETUP PLACE: Markus square

Dear Italian postcrossers (and maybe some international),

I am Håkon from Norway and since December 2019 I am planning a short trip to Venezia and I already booked my plane tickets for July 13th and I thought it might be a nice idea to meet some of you for a short meetup :)

This is of course depending on the current situation with Covid-19. In case the pandemic will not be over in July, I might have to postpone my trip, but if everything will be fine in summer, I'd de glad to meet you :)

The program will be discussed at a later moment.

I also try to make a special meetup card for this meetup.

Have a good day.

Update 17.04.:
The Norwegian Health Institute has now recommend not do to any foreign travel until the end of July. So unfortunately I will not be able to travel to Italy this summer :( I hope everybody will stay healthy :)
ScandinavianTraveler

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway

[*] posted on 24-3-2020 at 09:24 AM

Hey there,

I already had the time to create a meetup card which I will take with me to Italy :)

Venice2.JPG - 94kB
Cri

Country Flag:
Italy

Italy
Postcrossing Username: ciprea
Member Is Online

[*] posted on 26-3-2020 at 04:43 PM

I'll be happy to be there because it will mean the lockdown restrictions and the pandemic would be over.
In the meantime we are here waiting for better times.
Honeymilk

Country Flag:
Italy

Italy
Postcrossing Username: -Martina-

[*] posted on 13-4-2020 at 02:48 PM

Hello :)
If this situation will be solved, I think we surely need to join a couple of meetings. What a great idea one in Venice. Hope to be part of this :)
ScandinavianTraveler

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway

[*] posted on 17-4-2020 at 01:59 PM

Hey everybody,

The Norwegian Health Institute has now recommend not do to any foreign travel until the end of July. So unfortunately I will not be able to travel to Italy this summer :( I hope everybody will stay healthy :)

We will do this meetup hopefully in 2021 :)
Honeymilk

Country Flag:
Italy

Italy

[*] posted on 19-4-2020 at 08:00 PM

I am very sad to read this.
Me and some other person from Italy had started to think to join really seriously, as a way to celebrate the end of the quarantine (becouse I hope it will be less strict in july).
Can I adopt your meeting?
It will be ok to you if we can continue to consider the day of you meeting valid, at least for our of italy? We can probably have a trip in our own county, so it will be a pleasure do to a meeting in Venice. And maybe the situation will be develop in july and you can come too :) .... What do you think? Can I adopt your meeting date? :)
I need the hope that we can come back to our normally life :)
ScandinavianTraveler

Country Flag:
Norway

Norway

[*] posted on 29-4-2020 at 10:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Honeymilk  
I am very sad to read this.
Me and some other person from Italy had started to think to join really seriously, as a way to celebrate the end of the quarantine (becouse I hope it will be less strict in july).
Can I adopt your meeting?
It will be ok to you if we can continue to consider the day of you meeting valid, at least for our of italy? We can probably have a trip in our own county, so it will be a pleasure do to a meeting in Venice. And maybe the situation will be develop in july and you can come too :) .... What do you think? Can I adopt your meeting date? :)
I need the hope that we can come back to our normally life :)

Hey,

sorry for my late response - I have not been online here for a few days.

I am good and healthy at the moment and the Covid19-situation in Norway is quiet good, eventhough we are not allowed to travel abroad. If you like to, you can of course adopt the meeting date :) And as my flight is not officially cancelled yet, I might join, if I am allowed to leave Norway :)
Honeymilk

Country Flag:
Italy

Italy

[*] posted on 29-6-2020 at 05:57 AM

Hello. I wanto to say everyone that I have decided not to organize a meeting in Venice to that day. I am really trying to understand how the situation is here in Italy, but personally now I will not be paeceful to visit a big city with a lot of people ... probably becouse I live in a small place in the country, I fell better to stay home this summer. I am sad, becouse I love meetings, and I miss them, but for now, here is my decision. We will see how the situation will change this summer ...
I wish all to be part of a meeting reallyu soon :)

Go To Top

Imprint