ana
Administrator

Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: meiadeleite

[*] posted on 15-9-2020 at 11:25 AM
World Postcard Day cancellation mark

A few postcrossers asked us how they can get the World Postcard Day cancellation mark we've posted about on the blog.

Getting the cancellation mark from inside Portugal is easy: you can either go to the Restauradores Post Office, or mail them your pre-stamped, pre-addressed postcards to be cancelled on the day.

Getting the cancellation mark from outside of Portugal is a little tricky, because the postcards need to have Portuguese stamps on them, in order for the cancellation to be used. We've talked to the post office, and suggested the use of IRCs (International Reply Coupons).

If you don't have Portuguese stamps but can find some IRCs in your country, you can send your pre-addressed postcards inside an envelope to this address:

Filatelia
R. João Saraiva, 9 - Piso 1
1700-248 Lisboa
PORTUGAL

Don't put any stamps on the postcards, but include one IRC for each postcard you'd like to be mailed. The philately service will swap the IRCs for right stamps, add the cancellation mark to your postcards, and mail them for you.

I think that's it, but if you have questions let me know below! :)

Note that the cancellation mark will only be available throughout October 31st, so your postcards need to arrive in Portugal before that.

Jess-Cee

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: jess-cee

[*] posted on 18-9-2020 at 09:33 PM

IRC's in German are IAS's (=internationaler Antwortschein). They can be ordered via Deutsche Post -> https://shop.deutschepost.de/portogutscheininternationaler-antwortsc...
I've ordered some to give it a try :bouncing:

Go To Top

Imprint