Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Stuck travelling (sent)
elikoa

Postcrossing Username: elikoa

Mood: Impatiently waiting for some postal action

[*] posted on 12-1-2020 at 07:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Handshake  
OMG! In the one hour since I wrote that, another card of mine arrived and now I'm up to the magic ten cards travelling!

Whoo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!

See? :) It seems like yesterday when you only had 5 :)

I am enjoying looking at your progress because as it happens you signed up on the same date as me, 3 years later :) As I think I mentioned many times, my beginnings were a lot slower and I am a regular but not prolific sender (I haven't requested any addresses in almost a month right now but eager to do so as soon as I have the time and mental space) and I didn't quite keep track of milestones, but it's interesting to try and remember where I was in a similar time frame. I can send 13 now but I only maxed out once or twice, and last time when I had 12 (which was pretty recently).

I only have one non-expired card on the way at the moment, to Russia at 28 days so far from worrying.
I have a lost one to Russia to a member who abandoned the site but had more received than sent when he did so I think it has not arrived...
And China 73 days but I sent it about two weeks after getting the address as there were some dodgy stats and wanted to make sure about a few things.
estrellacards

Country Flag:
Spain

Spain
Postcrossing Username: estrellacards
Member Is Online

[*] posted on 15-1-2020 at 10:18 PM

Hello!
I’m glad I found this thread :bouncing:!
My percentage of expired cards is 7% :( Stamps cost now in Spain 1,45 € to Europa and 1,55 € to other countries :money: I am really sorry about this fact, but I continue in Postcrossing because it’s a great experience and I learn a lot :bouncing:
At this time, I have 7 expired postcards, 5 of them to abandoned accounts:
267 days Russia (seen 5 months ago)
235 days Turkey (seen 5 months ago, only 4 postcards registered)
172 days Taiwan (seen 5 months ago)
153 days Russia (seen 4 months ago)
123 days China (active account)
121 days UK (0 cards registered!)
62 days Norway (active account)

I guess that these abandoned accounts have more expired postcards. There are many abandoned accounts with lots of expired postcards and I miss a mechanism in Postcrossing for registering these postcards, for example if an account has never registered postcards, after 6 months without registering postcards…

Thanks for reading! Courage and hope! :singing:
postfan

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: postfan

[*] posted on 16-1-2020 at 04:59 AM

Some laggard cards, slowing down my sending:

23 days Finland (Last seen 7 days ago)
28 days Ukraine (active account)
29 days Poland (active account)
42 days Brazil (active account)
postfan

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: postfan

[*] posted on 16-1-2020 at 02:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by postfan  
Some laggard cards, slowing down my sending:

23 days Finland (Last seen 7 days ago)
28 days Ukraine (active account)
29 days Poland (active account)
42 days Brazil (active account)

Less than 3 hours after posting, the one to Ukraine arrived! Maybe there's something to this thread! ;)
CardTrekkie

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: CardTrekkie

[*] posted on 16-1-2020 at 10:04 PM

I'm hoping some of my cards arrive soon so I can send out more! I am stuck at 5 card limit - with 3 of them 38 days traveling and others 2-3 weeks each. I gave up on that first card to Germany and sent her an additional card today.

Postcard ID To member To country Sent Traveled Img
Poland 31/Dec/2019 16 days
China 26/Dec/2019 21 days
Russia 9/Dec/2019 38 days
Germany 9/Dec/2019 38 days

I've been doing some round robins and tags in the meantime, but would like to be able to do the official stuff too. The Germany account was inactive for a few weeks, like she was on vacation, but when she came back she said my card was not in her pile of received mail, average travelling time to Germany appears to be 12 days from my area, so that is 3x average currently. The China and Russia locations could easily take 30-40 days, hopefully they arrive soon. Poland may take 20-30 days from my location.

My mom joined the same time as me, she has all 5 cards traveling to Russia currently, over 37 days for 4 of them and over 2 weeks for the 5th card. We turned off the setting to send multiple to the same country but too late, already got a bunch for the same country.

Hope most of these are marked arrived eventually! It is frustrating when the person you are sending to looks inactive, wonder if they are registering anything. I don't think this would be as annoying if I wasn't stuck with a low number of cards to send as a new member.
StuartH

Country Flag:
England

England
Postcrossing Username: StuartH

[*] posted on 16-1-2020 at 11:17 PM

I have 2 cards to Russia on 56 and 53 days, both members appear relatively active. Not sure which way these two are going to go...
Serenwen

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: Serenwen

Mood: Reasonable

[*] posted on 17-1-2020 at 09:09 AM

My cards to India, Philippines and China all at 44 days. The one to India hasn’t been seen for 20 days.
15 days since I last received one :(
Better stick some more in the post!
humanityera

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: humanityera

[*] posted on 17-1-2020 at 11:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CardTrekkie  
I'm hoping some of my cards arrive soon so I can send out more! I am stuck at 5 card limit - with 3 of them 38 days traveling and others 2-3 weeks each. I gave up on that first card to Germany and sent her an additional card today.

Postcard ID To member To country Sent Traveled Img
Poland 31/Dec/2019 16 days
China 26/Dec/2019 21 days
Germany 9/Dec/2019 38 days

I've been doing some round robins and tags in the meantime, but would like to be able to do the official stuff too. The Germany account was inactive for a few weeks, like she was on vacation, but when she came back she said my card was not in her pile of received mail, average travelling time to Germany appears to be 12 days from my area, so that is 3x average currently. The China and Russia locations could easily take 30-40 days, hopefully they arrive soon. Poland may take 20-30 days from my location.

My mom joined the same time as me, she has all 5 cards traveling to Russia currently, over 37 days for 4 of them and over 2 weeks for the 5th card. We turned off the setting to send multiple to the same country but too late, already got a bunch for the same country.

Hope most of these are marked arrived eventually! It is frustrating when the person you are sending to looks inactive, wonder if they are registering anything. I don't think this would be as annoying if I wasn't stuck with a low number of cards to send as a new member.
even though germany is generally quick, i have sent and recieved from Germany that took over a month.. i recently registered a card sent to me from Germany that was travelling for like 35 days
and_abelard

Country Flag:
UK

UK
Postcrossing Username: and_abelard

[*] posted on 20-1-2020 at 12:44 PM

Today I received a postcard that had been travelling for 243 days. I did double-take when I registered it and went back to check the postmark, it was posted in May!
I'm hoping to channel some of that sender's patience with my expired cards, but I hope I don't have to
Princess-Jo

Country Flag:
England

England
Postcrossing Username: J-Francis

Mood: Receiving beautiful postcards

[*] posted on 21-1-2020 at 06:16 AM

takes ages - people tend to bulk register

usa
GrayRabbit

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Grayrabbit

[*] posted on 21-1-2020 at 09:17 AM

Just came to this magic thread to lament about what a slow month I'm having.

The past few months I've been getting ~22 per month send/receive. Here we are, the 21st of the month and I'm at 4 received, 7 sent, 5 expired. I've been sick over the past week or so and would have loved to been able to send/receive a bunch of cards.

It seems posting about it here pleases the postal gods and usually within a few hours or days the flow starts again.
thubcabe

Country Flag:
Switzerland

Switzerland
Postcrossing Username: thibcabe

[*] posted on 21-1-2020 at 04:19 PM

@GrayRabbit Is there something wrong with USPS ?
This month I've received more than 30 cards and none from the USA, pretty weird... :(
doryfera

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: doryfera

[*] posted on 21-1-2020 at 05:55 PM

I have been wondering about that. My one nearly-expired card (59 days) is to the USA, travelling due south a few hundred miles from Canada. Of all the cards I’ve ever sent, I thought it would arrive fastest. It was supposed to be a slam dunk ;)

A data point of 1 doesn’t mean anything, of course, but it left me wondering. Canada-to-USA is usually (was usually?) so efficient.
StuartH

Country Flag:
England

England

[*] posted on 21-1-2020 at 08:10 PM

I've received 8 from the USA in the past 30 days, half of them on one day (16th Jan) and the other 4 in December
mapcardcollector

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: mapcardcollector

[*] posted on 21-1-2020 at 08:44 PM

I've received a fair smattering of cards from the u.s. recently. I received 10 from Russia on one day although their sent dates were spread over a fortnight but it does seem that cards from Russia come in batches. Someone in Moscow must be saving them until they have a full sack load.
Moekje

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: Moekje

[*] posted on 23-1-2020 at 07:29 AM

I'm about to see one of my sent cards disappear into postcard limbo for the first time. 356 days now. :( To be fair I gave up on it a long time ago, because the user has not been seen in 11 months and has 5 sent, 1 received. But still sad :(.

I also have a personal record of expired cards at the moment:

China - 356 days, see above

China - 294 days, active user, card must have disappeared

Taiwan - 240 days, university address, user often seems to be inactive and registers cards after 100+ days. Just a bit sad because at their request I made a personalized hand drawn card.

Germany- 213 days, sent in travel mode from Morocco, active user, guess this card was unlucky too

France - 80 days, user has many cards that seem to take uncommonly long for France. Keeping my fingers crossed it might still arrive, because this was a very nice card and on her wishlist.

Turkey - 65 days, user seems to log in every now and then, but hasn't registered a thing since September

Thailand - 60 days, my first one to Thailand :( But the user is active and seems to register cards that have traveled over 2 months frequently, so I'm hoping mine will still arrive.

7 expired postcards :(
Oh well, part of the game I guess. :)
Telopea

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: Telopea

[*] posted on 23-1-2020 at 10:37 PM

24 of my travelling cards are now expired.
One of the members has sent 14 cards but never registered any.
Others have not been online for some time and yes, some cards are floating in space for ever.
It is a lot of money just wasted. :thumbdown::thumbdown:
Moekje

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands

[*] posted on 24-1-2020 at 06:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Telopea  
24 of my travelling cards are now expired.
One of the members has sent 14 cards but never registered any.
Others have not been online for some time and yes, some cards are floating in space for ever.
It is a lot of money just wasted. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

24... Wow.
Out of how many total travelling is that?
Telopea

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: Telopea

[*] posted on 24-1-2020 at 07:50 AM

100 travelling :)
Moekje

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands

[*] posted on 24-1-2020 at 11:44 AM

Almost a quarter of your traveling cards then. It's crazy, but some might still arrive.

Actually I have 13 travelling right now of which 7 expired. And 8 free slots. So for me it's more than half my travelling cards right now, but that's just because I haven't sent much the last few weeks. :)
StuartH

Country Flag:
England

England

[*] posted on 24-1-2020 at 12:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuartH  
I have 2 cards to Russia on 56 and 53 days, both members appear relatively active. Not sure which way these two are going to go...

Both expired :(
elikoa

Postcrossing Username: elikoa

Mood: Impatiently waiting for some postal action

[*] posted on 25-1-2020 at 02:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Moekje  
Almost a quarter of your traveling cards then. It's crazy, but some might still arrive.

Actually I have 13 travelling right now of which 7 expired. And 8 free slots. So for me it's more than half my travelling cards right now, but that's just because I haven't sent much the last few weeks. :)

I had a time when I regularly had 7-8 expired, and only 2 or 3 travelling within the 60 days...

I have one to Russia at 40 days, which is not an unusually long time for Russia but what bothers me is that the recipient has not been seen in 16 days, has not registered anything in 2020 yet, and has a difference of 12 more sent than received so there is quite a lot on the way to him which he will probably bulk-register one day when he feels like it. I know the beginning of the year is a big holiday time in Russia so hopefully he will resume activity soon.

I have a quite troubled one to China at 85 days but I waited 2 weeks before posting it out so it is "only" 65 days. It's Chinese New Year now so I guess China will be closed for a few days. The reason I waited is that the recipient had a large difference between sent and received (catching up now slowly), had a weird address and a message about letting him know when you post a card because he will lose it otherwise (it was a work address). I even did email him and he said the address works well with his other account. I cannot understand why this member has two accounts as neither of them has a lot of activity - surely people get a second account when they want to send more than the allowed amount?
Serenwen

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: Serenwen

Mood: Reasonable

[*] posted on 27-1-2020 at 05:50 PM

2 at 54 days. 1 to India, last booked any in was in November, last sent any in October.
1 to Philippines has booked 7 in so far this month but I don’t think mine will make it before it expires.
yudi

Country Flag:
Indonesia

Indonesia
Postcrossing Username: yudi
Member Is Online

[*] posted on 28-1-2020 at 01:47 AM

I just drew an address of Germany user, last seen 20 days ago, last received November 2019. Sure probably she will log in again but this stats makes me worry :)
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

Imprint