Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: This Forum
isagv

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: isagv

Mood: RIP Gaudi cat. Love you (2004-2018)

[*] posted on 3-8-2009 at 07:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MissMaple  
You get only one notification per thread until you log in again

That is great! I was offline for 4 days and my mailbox was not full. :)

I also have blue on blue here with AOL.
I did not figure out the other new things yet. Unfortunately I had no time.
ablotial

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: ablotial

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 10:13 PM

mundoo:

Yesterday I turned off the u2us as requested. I didn't get any u2u notifications sent to my mailbox at all, whether I was logged in or not, as expected.

Just now, I checked the box to turn them back on. Then I sent a message to W105akaMoke asking her to send me back a u2u. Almost immediately I got one back from her. I opened it, read it. Then went to my mailbox... and there was a message saying she had sent me a u2u. A few minutes later, goyesca also sent me a u2u, and I got an email for that one as well.

So I guess just turning it off for a while does not work :-/

Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I don't actually LOG OFF here when I leave. I just... close the browser and/or go to another page. So when I come back I am stll logged in. Maybe it confuses the system?

When i leave today, I will try actually logging off and see if when I log in next it works.
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 08:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ablotial  
mundoo:

Yesterday I turned off the u2us as requested.
Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I don't actually LOG OFF here when I leave. I just... close the browser and/or go to another page. So when I come back I am stll logged in. Maybe it confuses the system?

When i leave today, I will try actually logging off and see if when I log in next it works.

Thank you. I never log off either.
nordbaer

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Nordbaer

Mood: Over and out

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 03:03 PM

Same here. Sometimes I get notifications, most of the time not. I have subscribed to a lot of threads, and I want to get a notification even when I am online at the forum. It's ok when only on notification for several posts is send, but no notification is worse... :thumbdown:
nordbaer

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 03:04 PM

P.S.: Will change the :thumbdown: to :thumbup: if it works again...
:frog:
geminiscp
Administrator

Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: geminiscp

Mood: Postcrossing ❤

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 08:50 PM

I really miss the :hummm: smiley... :(

It looked like this but more simple and didn't mooved. :(
ablotial

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: ablotial

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 02:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mundoo  
mundoo:

Yesterday I turned off the u2us as requested.

Thank you. I never log off either.

Nope, no luck. Still getting u2u notifications when logged in.

Bär - it sounds like you're talking about notifications when someone replies to a thread you are "subscribed" to. I think that is a different system than the u2u notifactions, but maybe not. I'm not "subscribed" to any threads, so I dont get those kind of emails.
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:07 AM

Nope, no luck. Still getting u2u notifications when logged in.

:(

Quote:
Bär - it sounds like you're talking about notifications when someone replies to a thread you are "subscribed" to. I think that is a different system than the u2u notifactions, but maybe not. I'm not "subscribed" to any threads, so I dont get those kind of emails.

I understand that there are 2 issues with receiving emails.
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by geminiscp  
I really miss the :hummm: smiley...

It looked like this but more simple and didn't mooved

Is this it?

:umm:
MissMaple

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown
Postcrossing Username: MissMaple

Mood: New address!

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:16 AM

Vicki, do you already know what is going with the issue I posted earlier, about not being able to add my emailaddress to my profile?
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:21 AM

Vicky, do you already know what is going with the issue I posted earlier, about not being able to add my emailaddress to my profile?

Sorry, I thought I answered. My apologies.
I will U2U you as I want to do an experiment.

I suspect it is your browser and it has the option of automatically filling in fields and because the profile form has changed a little the browser is confused as to which field it has. Or something like that...........
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:34 AM

BUG-REPORT! :)

When I put my email address in the right box, it tells me that the name/emailaddress has already been registerd.....

Solved.

The email address you are trying to put into your profile is already in use by another membership. I assume it is another one you set up and forgot about.

MissMaple

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:49 AM

Not completely ;) u2us sent about it :)
geminiscp
Administrator

Country Flag:
Portugal

Portugal
Postcrossing Username: geminiscp

Mood: Postcrossing ❤

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:49 AM

Is this it?

:singing: YES!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

:umm::snob::cool2::duh::kiss::singing::ninja::ticking::alien384::smug b: and of course :baddevil: are my favorites!
Linus

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mbali  

I keep receiving U2U notifications to my email-account, even though I am logged in on the forum.

Am I the only one who had this problem already with the previous version?
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:54 AM

Is this it?

:singing: YES!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

:umm::snob::cool2::duh::kiss::singing::ninja::ticking::alien384::smug b: and of course :baddevil: are my favorites!

My personal favourite is :thumbup:
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 06:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Linus  
Quote: Originally posted by Mbali  

I keep receiving U2U notifications to my email-account, even though I am logged in on the forum.

Am I the only one who had this problem already with the previous version?

I am guessing so. Previous versions actually had a slightly different problem with the U2U email notifications. Invariably it never sent any at all, logged in or out.
isagv

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: isagv

Mood: RIP Gaudi cat. Love you (2004-2018)

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 08:57 PM

I noticed now that the forum is much slower and also the U2U box opens very slow.

I have another problem what has nothing to do with the new version but with the smileys.
I noticed that some of those smileys move as I used a very old laptop and on my computer I don`t see the move? How can I see them moving?
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 09:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by isagv  
I noticed now that the forum is much slower and also the U2U box opens very slow.

We're aware of the problem and are working on it.
For discussion/reporting use this thread
https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=28587

Quote:
I have another problem what has nothing to do with the new version but with the smileys.
I noticed that some of those smileys move as I used a very old laptop and on my computer I don`t see the move? How can I see them moving?

There are many smileys that move and have done so in previous versions of the forum. Did you see moving ones before?

They are animated .gif and I am guessing (and that's all it is) that you don't have a driver/module of some description installed on that computer that shows animated/moving gif. If you view/load an animated gif onto your computer from another source does it move? The problem is in your computer.
szirmaik

Country Flag:
Hungary

Hungary
Postcrossing Username: szirmaik

[*] posted on 19-8-2009 at 06:35 PM

Just two remarks:

1: Sometimes when I hit "search" the most recent hits are missing, even though they are supposed to be there. Sometimes the hits the search tool shows as "most recent" are from several months ago.

2: I totally miss the different languages when getting u2u notifications/seeing "originally posted by" remarks... :D (Yes, yes, yes, I know it was a bug BEFORE... but a lovely bug!)
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 19-8-2009 at 11:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by szirmaik  
Just two remarks:

1: Sometimes when I hit "search" the most recent hits are missing, even though they are supposed to be there. Sometimes the hits the search tool shows as "most recent" are from several months ago.

Is it reproducable?
Can you give me an example of what you are searching for and what you expect to get and what you get instead?

Quote:
2: I totally miss the different languages when getting u2u notifications/seeing "originally posted by" remarks... :D (Yes, yes, yes, I know it was a bug BEFORE... but a lovely bug!)

But gee it sure cut down on the support emails I used to get when everyone was asking me what it meant. :P
nordbaer

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany

[*] posted on 23-8-2009 at 07:26 AM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
MissMaple

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown

[*] posted on 5-9-2010 at 06:46 AM

Yeah, what Baer said!!!!!! :D
eddydevries

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: eddydevries

Mood: Taking a rest

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 12:07 PM

I don't know if it's possible at this forum, but I miss a feature I use a lot at another forum.

If I log in there I can choose to go to "the first unread post".
Here I see I can jump to "the last post" of a topic, but some topics are so busy my last read post is not on the last page anymore but 2 or 3 pages earlier.

Another thing: the posts itself aren't marked too ("read" or "unread"). So if I open a topic, I can't see until which post I've read earlier. But that's less "urgent".

If you want to see which features I meant: link to the forum.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
eddydevries

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: eddydevries

Mood: Taking a rest

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 07:27 AM

Can you tell me, if you're working on it?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

Imprint