Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Most of my expired cards are to Russia, anyone else?
Mimi-Lucia

Country Flag:
United States

United States

Mood: Relaxing in the sun

[*] posted on 20-5-2016 at 10:18 PM

Four out of my seven expired cards are to my own country! My mind reels as to why this is the case; they were sent on four different dates but are now bunched together in the expired section. The other three are to Taiwan, Macedonia and Venezuela.

I sometimes re-send if the person is active.

Seems to me that cards to Russia are registered faster than when this thread started in 2010.
-Bille-
German Community moderator

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: -Bille-

Mood: We need to keep hope alive and strive to do better. ☮ RIP Kofi Annan

[*] posted on 21-5-2016 at 03:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mimi-Lucia  

Seems to me that cards to Russia are registered faster than when this thread started in 2010.

Yes, I think so too.

I have 10 expired cards at the moment:

3 to Russia and the others are gone to Ecuador, Taiwan, China, Spain, Czech Republic, Canada and Brazil.

Cause I sent much more cards to Russia than to the others it's rather balanced.

And a lot of the cards I sent to Russia arrived within 30 days.
ichabodhides

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: ichabodhides

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-4-2017 at 10:01 AM

Has anyone been noticing a difference lately? I wonder if it's just me but it seems most of my officials to Russia are not arriving. :(

So far this year only one of my officials to Russia has arrived. One has just expired and two others expired earlier this year. I have two cards to Russia that have been travelling for 30 days now so I suppose there is still some hope for those (and the ones that have only been travelling for 13 and 4 days I'm not worried about). I just can't understand it. I don't seem to have a problem with private swaps and I can't remember it being this bad with officials to Russia before.
Papoose45

Country Flag:
France

France
Postcrossing Username: Papoose45

[*] posted on 30-4-2017 at 03:51 PM

On the 6 cards I had to send to Russia, 1 to St Petersburg expired whereas another arrived after 56 days at the same place! I still hope it will arrive one day, it is now 103 days it is traveling, and another traveling to Krasnoyarsk expired after 73 days.
flamey

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: flamey

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 12:29 AM

We've noticed that incoming mail really slowed down this month across all of the country in Russian subforum. Not sure what's up. Someone suggested start of vacations season in Russia.

It sucks, because it affects all kinds of mail, not just postcards.
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: SnowApple

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 18-5-2017 at 04:28 PM

I have one to Russia and one to Finland that are set to expire.
Probably a dumb question, but I need some clarification: These two are on day 60 and I'm not able to send a card. Does that mean the cards free up on day 61?
SuzyDoozy
formerly known as ibcreative

Country Flag:
New Zealand

New Zealand
Postcrossing Username: SuzyDoozy

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-5-2017 at 10:05 PM

I think some time during day 60 they will expire.
jayvee59

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: jayvee2206

[*] posted on 25-5-2017 at 11:00 AM

I hate to say this, but the slowness of the Russian postal system is taking away a lot of the enjoyment of Postcrossing for me. I'm also sorry for the Russian postcrossers who are not receiving my cards that they are entitled to.
Ezri

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Ezri

[*] posted on 25-5-2017 at 06:11 PM

I also hate waiting for postcards to arrive but in all fairness I have to say that my cards to China or Taiwan take a lot longer than my cards to Russia on average! I think I've never had a card to Russia expire but several to these countries (which probably also do not have the greatest postal service).
belen1975

Country Flag:
Spain

Spain
Postcrossing Username: belen1975

[*] posted on 26-5-2017 at 01:16 PM

Mine to Russia and Belarus I think

I remember only one from Czech Republic. But Russia is true , has a slowly and bad postal service

:(
Jules123!!!

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: JuliaDzi123

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 12:56 PM
Expired Postcards

I don't have any expired postcards to date but have a couple that are nearing the 60 day mark. I am also on Unsecure_copycat_site.com and all of my cards to Russia have expired or are coming up on the 60 days. Only one was able to get through the iron curtain. Do you think there is some governmental controls in place? I just find it odd that out of 31 cards sent, 14 traveling and 9 of them are expired and all to Russia?
Sharks_and_bones

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: Sharks_and_bones

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 08:11 PM

I've just had my first expired cards (only been postcrossing since March). 1 to China and 1 to Russia (near the Ukraine border). Both were sent around the 1st April.

It's weird coz I'm getting cards from Russia- got 1 today post stamped 18th may, so they're finding their way out quick enough.
benjyboo

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: benjyboo

[*] posted on 2-6-2017 at 11:34 PM

Nearly half of my current travelling cards are going to Russia, for me this means I will not be able to write new cards for some time. This will be anything up to a month and a half, or after the 2 months when they expire. Even the cards going to major Russian cities.

I'm now on my second expired card to Russia since I joined in September.

Cards from me to postcrossers in Russia are now at 183, 60, 31, 21, 19 and 15 days. Tomorrow I will be able to send out another card as another Russia card will expire.

I don't know whether requesting new addresses to send to late in the evening 10:30pm onwards has anything to do with the majority of my cards all going to the same place.

Slightly disheartened knowing how long it will take for the postcrosser to receive if they receive it at all. And with Royal Mail hiking the cost of sending a postcard from £1.05, which was already quite expensive to £1.17!

I will say something good about the Russian postal system if indeed it is the cause of the late/lost cards; they create brilliantly detailed stamps. When a postcrosser from Russia (who also enjoys stamps) sends to me they always attach a wonderful collection of the most gorgeous specimens! I :love: Russian Stamps.
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 12:53 AM

I sent a postcard to someone in my own country (recently enabled this option), and the card has been travelling for over 30 days. Postal here should take approx. 7-10 days. I have a feeling it's going to expire. :-( I'm rather frustrated because I recently got back into Postcrossing after a long hiatus but I'm only able to send 7 at a time. I was hoping sending/receiving from my country could quickly increase the number of cards I can send, but I guess not. :(
I only have one card from Russia that is expired, but I do notice the other ones I've sent take a lot longer than other countries. I have to say that Germany is my favorite country for the quick delivery and the quick registration of the card. :-)
km41566

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: km41566

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 01:32 PM

I have had 2 cards going to California that have taken a lot longer than they should to be delivered. I think the 1st one was at 19 days when it was registered and I have one now at 21 days that still has not been registered and the member is very active. Apparently now it is faster to send something to Europe than across the US!
nells250

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Nells250

Mood: Bored...

[*] posted on 30-6-2017 at 07:47 PM

Wellp... I hate to say this... but I am THIS CLOSE to no longer wasting time and postage trying to send postcards to Russian addresses. Maybe I will change my mind later, but for now, I think I will probably stop mailing there...

Sorry members... I know this sort of defeats the purpose of the whole Postcrossing system.
benjyboo

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom

[*] posted on 5-7-2017 at 11:04 PM

I now have 2 expired cards to Russia :(, and 4 on route.:o Sitting with a big box of cards and stamps but cannot send them.:( It is a great shame that Russian post is so bad. I agree it can get rather boring and frustrating watching cards enter 30, 40, 50 and then 61 days before you can send another.

I must admit that I now keep my fingers crossed when I press "Send a Postcard" and hope it's not to Russia. I'm even trying to think if its the time of day I request a new address to send to being the reason I get so many going to Russia.

It does spoil it for us users that can only send a small number of cards at a time.
Vindika

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Vindika

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 09:33 PM

Many of my postcards to Russia are also expired (besides some postcards to Belarus, China, the Netherlands and Taiwan). But the amount decreased after I started to send the postcards in an envelope (price is the same from Germany to foreign countries for postcards and standard size envelopes). Additionally I use a very simple stamp (Internetmarke by Deutsche Post without a picture) that has to be cut out and to be glued onto the envelope. Stamp collectors won’t be very happy about such a stamp, but I think it’s better to receive a card this way than to receive no card at all.
benjyboo

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 11:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Vindika  
Many of my postcards to Russia are also expired (besides some postcards to Belarus, China, the Netherlands and Taiwan). But the amount decreased after I started to send the postcards in an envelope (price is the same from Germany to foreign countries for postcards and standard size envelopes). Additionally I use a very simple stamp (Internetmarke by Deutsche Post without a picture) that has to be cut out and to be glued onto the envelope. Stamp collectors won’t be very happy about such a stamp, but I think it’s better to receive a card this way than to receive no card at all.

Good idea. I think all my future cards to Russia will be inside an envelope with just the plain Royal Mail International stamp. Shame for stamp collectors, but as you say better to receive the card than not at all.

Our post office in the UK should revise the 5-7 days for delivery to Russia especially to 40-60 days.
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 12-8-2017 at 04:33 AM

I tried putting my most recent one to Russia in an envelope too. I hope that works out.

I just read this article. It gives some insight on why the Russian post is slow. It's from 2013, but it doesn't seem to have changed.
https://www.rbth.com/amp/492201

(I'm also curious to hear from Russian postcrossers on how many expired postcards THEY typically have?)
benjyboo

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom

[*] posted on 17-8-2017 at 10:16 PM

One of my expired cards to Russia have arrived it took 131 days...
Adil

Country Flag:
Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan
Postcrossing Username: kzswap

[*] posted on 18-8-2017 at 07:24 PM

China is most often expiring at my account despite having common border and direct mail exchange between our countries
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 18-9-2017 at 07:51 PM

I tried the envelope method and it reached Russia in less than 30 days. I will do that from now on. :thumbup:
mike12

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: mike12

[*] posted on 25-11-2017 at 04:24 PM

Currently I have 3 postcards travelling to Spain, Malta and USA, they were sent more than a month ago

Quote:
China is most often expiring at my account despite having common border and direct mail exchange between our countries

The same is true for Russia and Finland. It took my letter a month to reach Finland. It would have travelled faster if I had carried it myself :)
bogdanes

Country Flag:
Poland

Poland
Postcrossing Username: bs1

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 10:33 PM

https://www.postcrossing.com/user/DIGUSSA
logged 4 months ago
Expired :(
travellinig 360 days :(
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top