Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Limits on repeating the repeated countries?
hmthompson

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: hmthompson

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 01:05 PM

Four years in Postcrossing, thousands of postcards sent and received, I would expect that the number of countries I have contacted would be greater than eighty-four. I do believe that part of the issue is that the "participating countries" list is utterly misleading as I have mentioned before. I suspect that probably approximately one hundred countries comprise the core of participating countries while other countries have so few Postcrossers that statistically it will be seldom that I send or receive to/from one of those "rare" countries. I urge the Postcrossing managers to cull the participating countries list as well as the inactive individuals within each country's list. What purpose is served by inaccurate lists?
hmthompson

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: hmthompson

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 09:51 PM

I have a twelve-month old list of twenty persons who volunteered to be part of a team to do charitable work for the elderly: home visits, chauffering to medical appointments,light house cleaning, meals on wheels. I require six volunteers for next Tuesday so I work the phone. Eventually I learn that the list has dwindled to only eight actively participating persons. Three are available. Do I care about "cumulative data" ????
Venia

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Venia

Mood: Feuer im Herzen. :)

[*] posted on 17-6-2013 at 06:20 PM

I think it's a nice idea to have a limit in repeating countrys. I have currently 18 slots - 17 of them are to Russia... and it takes soooooo long for them to arrive. :)

What about having a limit of 10 cards to ONE country? And the other slots to another country (this can also be repeated), so that at the end I can send 10 cards to Russia and maybe 8 cards to the Netherlands/Germany/China... and people with more cards like 30 slots can have 10 cards to Russia, 10 cards to China and 10 cards to Germany!

What do you think?
LyndaC

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: LyndaC

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 30-7-2013 at 02:52 PM

I have made this suggestion on another thread. I think it really makes sense. More people including myself, would sign up for repeated countries if we weren't going to get all the same country. I don't mind if 5 or 10 of my cards are going to one country but I don't want all 19 to got to Russia or to China or to whoever needs repeated card draws to catch up.
cawindt

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: cawindt

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-7-2013 at 03:54 AM

What I've started doing recently to avoid drawing 20 cards all going to Russia is that I turn the repeat option on for five cards, then off for five cards and then back on again, etc. This way I get a bigger variety, my account moves more quickly, yet I'm still helping to take care of the Postcrossers in Russia.
Waykwabu

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: Waykwabu

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 11:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cawindt  
What I've started doing recently to avoid drawing 20 cards all going to Russia is that I turn the repeat option on for five cards, then off for five cards and then back on again, etc. This way I get a bigger variety, my account moves more quickly, yet I'm still helping to take care of the Postcrossers in Russia.

:thumbup::thumbup: I've seen that idea sometime ago, and it's the one that makes the most sense.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Imprint