Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: SEATTLE 2014
Keshiaster

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Keshiaster

[*] posted on 18-9-2012 at 02:17 AM

4 people so far! Possibly 5 :) SO CLOSE GUYS!
Keshiaster

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 20-9-2012 at 11:40 PM

Hey everyone, I got an U2U from a Tokyo user wandering if we could send postcards from our meeting to members from their meeting. I agreed, I think there will be 9 or so members in Tokyo and we will be sending them signed cards from us and then we will be getting signed cards from them. I was wondering if you can send me your addresses in my U2U box so I can organize this in the next couple weeks! Thanks!!
EmilyK

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: emilykarr

[*] posted on 26-9-2012 at 07:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fire.maggie  
Any of those days potentially work for me! Your plan sounds great. For postcards... 1st & Pike News (the absolute best selection and cheap too :), that little bookstore Down Under, Golden Age, Left Bank Books, and there's a little souvenir shop not too far down from the fish throwers that has a good variety of map cards. If only Happy Salmon had not gone out of business... they had the best selection of Gentle Dragon cards.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm a Portlander who gets to Seattle on business now and then, so I looked at this thread to see if I could make a meet up. But now curious -- sounds like Pike Place Market is a good place for postcards when I'm in town? Are the above stores in the Market?
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: fire_maggie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-9-2012 at 04:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by EmilyK  
Any of those days potentially work for me! Your plan sounds great. For postcards... 1st & Pike News (the absolute best selection and cheap too :), that little bookstore Down Under, Golden Age, Left Bank Books, and there's a little souvenir shop not too far down from the fish throwers that has a good variety of map cards. If only Happy Salmon had not gone out of business... they had the best selection of Gentle Dragon cards.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm a Portlander who gets to Seattle on business now and then, so I looked at this thread to see if I could make a meet up. But now curious -- sounds like Pike Place Market is a good place for postcards when I'm in town? Are the above stores in the Market?

Yes! All those stores are in the Market. If you just go to one place, make it 1st & Pike News. I was just there today. They have the best selection of tourist cards, and they have Nouvelles Images and they now also stock some Gentle Dragon Cards. (http://www.nwprints.net/GDCProduct1.asp?Product=Postcard) <-- These are soooo pretty and great for people who don't want just your average tourist card, but they are hard to find.
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 30-9-2012 at 04:48 AM

Also, FYI, I checked, and unfortunately Shiga's, the import store with the Japanese cards, is closed on Sundays. But we can still get postcards at U-Bookstore and Bulldog News.
EmilyK

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: emilykarr

[*] posted on 30-9-2012 at 04:19 PM

Yes! All those stores are in the Market. If you just go to one place, make it 1st & Pike News. I was just there today. They have the best selection of tourist cards, and they have Nouvelles Images and they now also stock some Gentle Dragon Cards. (http://www.nwprints.net/GDCProduct1.asp?Product=Postcard) <-- These are soooo pretty and great for people who don't want just your average tourist card, but they are hard to find.

Thanks so much!
Keshiaster

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 30-9-2012 at 09:38 PM

Hey Seattle Postcrossers.

I have HORRID (for me) news. My work scheduled me to work October 7th :( even though I asked them not to. There is no way for me to switch or anything. However the meeting can still happen if you guys want it to!!! If you wanted we could switch to Monday, I could be there Monday. YOU let me know. I will just keep it as October 7th for now.

I am sorry, I had no control over what happened with my scheduling. I did my part to make sure I had it off.
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 04:31 AM

Well, I have class until 2:30 on Monday, and again at 5. They are at UW though, very close to our meeting location. If others want to do Monday, then I will meet up with you guys at 2:30. Otherwise I am still game for Sunday.
hkappespc

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: hkappespc

Mood: Ready for another adventure!

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 04:53 AM

Monday afternoon works better for me - but I will still do Sun. If that's what we are sticking too.
JanEee

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 3-10-2012 at 09:23 PM

I can't make the meeting on Sunday, but I'd like to suggest a place for postcards in the U-District, Magus Books, they're on 42nd near the Ave, 1408 N.E. 42nd. One block off the Ave, towards the U. They have a selection of quirky older cards reasonably priced.
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 6-10-2012 at 04:12 PM

OK friends, I am going to make an executive decision, 'cause somebody needs to decide. We are meeting tomorrow! Just inside the west (University Way) entrance to University Bookstore at 2pm. I will wait there from 2pm to 2:10pm and then we will be on our way... first we will check out UBookstore selection of cards, then Magus Books as JanEee suggested, and finish at Bulldog News for a final postcard purchasing and drink some coffee or whatever your choice of coffee-shop beverage is, and write postcards.

I suggest:
-u2u me if you are definitely coming and we will make sure we wait for you. if you have a concern about getting there in time, i can give you my phone number and you can call me if you are delayed.
-bring addresses of a few people to send postcards to. what I have done in the past is print the page with the person's address and preferences you get when you a request an address to send an official to.
-bring some stamps so we can drop all the cards off at the post office at the end
-bring a pen and maybe some stickers to help you write your cards

Keshia, if you send me the addresses of the Japanese postcrossers we will take care of them too.

My other idea:
For people that can't make tomorrow, we can ALSO MEET on Monday. :cool: But if I am organizing this, I can't come until 2:30. We will meet in the same place at 2:30 on Monday... and we will add Shiga's to our itinerary. I was thinking I could save the cards for the Japanese postcrossers, so that the people from Sunday and Monday can both sign them!:thumbup:

Everybody, please let me know what you think.:)
Keshiaster

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 02:39 AM

hey, I will send the info to you :)
To explain, I work for four hospice clients and four nanny families :( I won't make it to Sunday or Monday because my work that organizes hospice care gave me a schedule yesterday to work that day .
I will send what I have from the Tokyo group, she only responded once and did send a lot of addresses, I got hers only I do believe. So there won't be much to do there :( I'm sorry this meeting seemed to have fallen through :( I hope all you guys that show up have a lot of fun! I would try to be there tomorrow but I have a shift in Redmond that starts at 4. And dealing with traffic is always stupid around that time.

Ok, will be sending address soon :) Also send me your guys addresses ok! Thanks!!
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 7-10-2012 at 02:46 AM

OK, Keshia since you can't come Monday either, unless someone u2us me that they are definitely coming Monday, I am just going to do tomorrow. Remember, if you ARE coming tomorrow, you should u2u me so I know to wait for you!

...hopefully I'm not by myself tomorrow.
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 13-10-2012 at 11:55 PM

Sorry to say, nobody attended this meetup (except me)... if we can find a time when people will definitely come, we should try to do another one.
Keshiaster

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 26-3-2013 at 08:12 AM

I am sorry fire.maggie I just got back onto Postcrossing since our meet up. Life went crazy again... I'm hoping things settle.

Should we plan a summery/spingy meet up?? I could get a Saturday off in April/May, maybe even a Sunday and use some of my PTO hours.

I moved ... two more times... that's why I was inactive. I had some pretty crappy roommates....
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 26-3-2013 at 04:13 PM

Sounds good to me :)
Keshiaster

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 16-4-2013 at 10:50 PM

Ok :) I got a nursing job!!! WOOOT! So once I know those hours I will figure out when we should meet! Even if it is just you and I!
JesseAcosta

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: JesseAcosta

[*] posted on 21-4-2013 at 11:48 AM

Im about three hours away from Seattle. I might be able to do a meetup, all depending. I'm just glad to know there are other fellow postcrossers from Washington. Man do I hate having to append Washington with "state" when talking to people online. Sorry but we are way better than DC ;)
nancee-g

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: nancee-g

Mood: way behind sending out cards ;( bear with me...

cool.gif posted on 8-7-2013 at 12:38 AM
Seattle Meet-up

Has a date been set for a Seattle meet-up this summer? I'm new here & would love to meet some of you. I'm from south of Seattle, in Kent.
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 04:46 AM

Keshia is usually in charge of the logistics. I would love to have another meetup, if anyone besides me will show up!!
plathie

Country Flag:
Spain

Spain

[*] posted on 24-7-2013 at 12:40 AM

Hi there! No news about a possible meet-up this summer? I'm Spanish but I'll be in Seattle for a few days in early August. I guess it will be difficult that, in case there's one, it is exactly one of those days...but still, I'll keep an eye. If there's anybody who wants to have a cup of coffee anyway, it'd be great too.
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 24-7-2013 at 12:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by plathie  
Hi there! No news about a possible meet-up this summer? I'm Spanish but I'll be in Seattle for a few days in early August. I guess it will be difficult that, in case there's one, it is exactly one of those days...but still, I'll keep an eye. If there's anybody who wants to have a cup of coffee anyway, it'd be great too.

I'll have coffee with you, Plathie! And I'm happy to show you one or two of my favorite places to buy postcards, too. Just let me know when you will be here. :)
plathie

Country Flag:
Spain

Spain

[*] posted on 31-7-2013 at 06:13 PM

I think it might be better to discuss this here because there's no way to U2U different people at the same time. We were thinking of meeting up next week, Tuesday or Wednesday are the best days for me. So what do you think?
fire.maggie

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 31-7-2013 at 06:41 PM

wednesday morning is better for me.
nancee-g

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: nancee-g

Mood: way behind sending out cards ;( bear with me...

[*] posted on 2-8-2013 at 11:47 PM
Just saw that a couple of you may meet for coffee this week? If so, could you call me? I'm having issues with my home computer. My # is 253-720-3895. Thanks.

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

Imprint