Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 03:51 AM
Warning, especially to new members

There is a Russian user who is joining the forum and sending numerous U2U to new members asking if they wish to swap numerous postcards or 3D type postcards.

This person has used at least 5 names on the forum and continues to open new accounts.

The name and address used is

Ivan Lipin
Bum av. 42-274
Syktyvkar Russia 167021

This person is a scammer and does not send back any postcards.

Please disregard the U2U you receive and report to me or one of the moderators if you get a U2U from a member asking for usually a 5 postcards swap or 3D type postcards using this address or one from the same village.

This person is joining regularly after we stop their last account.

He is particularly targetting new members who have just joined the Forum.

I particularly like the comment by this member in regards to swapping

If we haven't swapped before...

You request to swap - you mail first
I request to swap - I mail first

Be wary please.

Vicki
Forum Administrator
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 01:10 AM

http://www.passionforsavings.com/2011/01/free-sample-of-pantene-pro...

And no this is not a spam message. Just pointing out that a simple google search with a name only bought up the following information entered by the person in public on the net.

Vicki
Forum Administrator
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 21-3-2012 at 02:23 AM

The Postcrossing administration have been sadly amazed at the reactions of members.

We were surprised that there was comments about harming some-ones home (we don't care if it was said sarcastically). Some of you lost estimation in our eyes, some of you are no better than a gang.

We were dismayed at the country and member bashing that some members expressed towards other members and countries. Some of you got very pointed warnings from me about it.

This warning I did was to protect members, especially new forum members who were particularly being targetted by this person.

Most of the communication lipin did was via U2U under a range of different member names to new members.

He was sending 100+ U2U's EACH TIME

As the Postcrossing Head Administrator I was not taking this action for the sake of a few postcards, we were seeing our members (especially new ones) being preyed on for hundreds and hundreds of postcards.

Thanks to comments here (and he is reading this people, even commenting under yet another membername - we have over 20 usernames he has used) he has changed his postal address to a PO Box

He creates membernames frequently. He uses a different IP everytime.

He is cunning, he is a thief of not only postcards but also of member's (new especially) trust.

This warning was to help protect members of this forum.

Many of your comments make me wonder if Postcrossing should have bothered.

This is not the first time (and knowing human nature it won't be the last) that I have done a public warning to members about a particularly bad predator.

Postcrossing Admin don't do these often and only when all our efforts to control or stop the predator doesn't slow the behaviour down.

Sorry to those members who were scammed. Your comments made us sad to see how many of you were scammed and your comments made us feel that we were warranted with this warning so others didn't get caught.

I have removed all comments from this warning thread and closed it to further comment.

If anyone has anything else to add about suspected lipin membernames please U2U me.

Vicki
Forum Administrator
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 7-5-2012 at 10:59 PM

Just to keep you all in the loop and to show this person has not gone away but continues to prey on new members for swaps with a variation on his address.

Several accounts have been removed lately.

Please continue to be vigilent and report to the moderators or me if you get a request to swap from a member who is new, has no message history on the forum but is U2Uing members (especially new ones) asking for gifts.

Go To Top

Imprint