Postscriptart

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: postscriptart

Mood: Inspired

smile.gif posted on 6-4-2013 at 08:06 AM
Message Limit

Hi there, I hope everyone's having a great day.

I just wanted to make a suggestion. I'm very new to Postcrossing, so forgive me if this has been brought up and discussed before! I just wanted your feedback really.

So there is a message limit of about 10? messages on the Postcrossing main site. I guess this is in place to beat spam and circulating horrible messages, but I'm sure people find it quite a bother when trying to reply to people about direct swaps and other issues.

So I thought; how about we can send 10 messages more than the amount of messages we have received that day.

So the idea is, if we have received 5 messages, we can send 15. 10 messages, 20. And so on. That way, spam can still be kept to a minimum but we can still ensure we have enough messages to reply to people who are anxiously waiting a response.

In order to stop people from sending multiple messages from another account to boost up their message count, the messages that are counted should all be from DIFFERENT people. And again, to stop spam, the count should be reset each day, so messages cannot accumulate.

Does that make any sense? I am just quite frustrated because I have so many wonderful offers sent to my email and I can't reply to half of them until tomorrow, by which time they might have lost interest and I may have received more messages too.

I hope you have some feedback for me!
All the best,
Elena
siobhan

Postcrossing Username: siobhan

[*] posted on 6-4-2013 at 02:00 PM

For the time being, you could ask people sending you a message to include their e-mail address. That way you can answer them directly and don't have to use the Postcrossing messages. And for those who either miss this on your profile or don't want to give out their e-mail address, you can still use the regular Postcrossing messages.
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 6-4-2013 at 11:36 PM

The limit increases as you send and have registered more postcards.

Postcrossing does recognise that majority of members are not spammers and so the amount increases.

Go To Top

Imprint