Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 22-2-2015 at 01:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LyndaC  
Has Postcrossing noticed this thread - can an admin comment on the possibility of this happening?

The Team have noticed this topic. :)

We have had this suggestion emailed to us often over the years.

Postcrossing is aware that the image section of the main site is due for an upgrade and this suggestion will be considered when that happens.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team
isinesunshine

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: isinesunshine

Mood: :iink:

[*] posted on 22-5-2015 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mundoo  
Quote: Originally posted by LyndaC  
Has Postcrossing noticed this thread - can an admin comment on the possibility of this happening?

The Team have noticed this topic. :)

We have had this suggestion emailed to us often over the years.

Postcrossing is aware that the image section of the main site is due for an upgrade and this suggestion will be considered when that happens.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

Thank you Mundoo - That's great news :)

But until the image section is revised, here's a suggestion for all who - like me - would like to add descriptions to their sent cards:
yesterday, I started commenting the cards I sent (until I had commented 50 and the system wouldn't let me comment on more ;) ) - and 3 of the receivers have added a discription to their card since then. Seems to work for some people :)
I'll continue with my sent cards and when I'm done with them (will tage some days!), I'll start commenting on random cards I see in the gallery and know the painter/location/etc. Maybe you want to start doing that, too?
We might get some more descriptions this way! :)
anemone1

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-7-2017 at 10:10 AM

Here is a suggestion for members: I send about 40 cards every month. That is why I can´t remember what they look. (I don´t scan.) I would love to get some information in the "thank you"-note. I have done that for many years now.
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: SnowApple

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 16-7-2017 at 05:30 PM

I would love it if there were an option for the sender to add a description. I would fill it out myself as a sender: "Animal X roaming near Mountain Y located in the town of Z." It wouldn't be that difficult. And if I wanted to add more to it, like local history or folklore, that would be an option. I'm really glad we even have the option for either sender or receiver to upload a photo. I always do it before I send now (except maybe a few times when I forgot).
klaus3428

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: klaus3428

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SnowApple  
I would love it if there were an option for the sender to add a description. I would fill it out myself as a sender: "Animal X roaming near Mountain Y located in the town of Z." It wouldn't be that difficult. And if I wanted to add more to it, like local history or folklore, that would be an option. I'm really glad we even have the option for either sender or receiver to upload a photo. I always do it before I send now (except maybe a few times when I forgot).

I was just thinking about this and hey presto, there's a thread going since 2013. Expect this hasn't been a priority, or maybe there are technical considerations? Can it be implemented?
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: SnowApple

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 1-1-2018 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by klaus3428  
I was just thinking about this and hey presto, there's a thread going since 2013. Expect this hasn't been a priority, or maybe there are technical considerations? Can it be implemented?

I sure hope so. It would be a nice feature. :-)

I would also like to second the suggestion of sending a "bonus" card for when an expired card is registered. Between the two, I personally enjoy sending more than receiving, so when I get a "Hurray!" message, I get really excited and look forward to sending my next card, but I am disappointed when I don't get to send one after all, although i am glad the expired card finally arrived.  (But it is frustrating when the recipient admits that it was their fault that it wasn't registered timely. I had one where the user had a bunch of postcards in a pile of mail that she didn't look through. My friend had one where the recipient didn't set his account to inactive when travelling out of town. He wanted to come home to dozens of cards. That may be nice for you, but rather rude to the senders). 

Anyway, could this maybe help balance the system if these "bonus" cards are designated for countries with higher numbers of Postcrossers? Maybe have it happen for occasional expired cards, if all wouldn't work? Either way, it would be nice to have a bonus. :-)
ninja

Country Flag:
Switzerland

Switzerland
Postcrossing Username: ninja

Mood: :ninja:

[*] posted on 20-4-2018 at 11:29 PM

:thumbup: for this feature
isinesunshine

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: isinesunshine

Mood: :iink:

[*] posted on 4-7-2018 at 11:02 AM

After 3 years since my last post above, I'd still LOVE this feature to be implemented :thumb up:

And, in general, it would be great to have descriptions for all cards in the gallery. An option to add a description to any card would be wonderful! In case the sender is still active, the description could be sent to him/her for approval and be displayed afterwards in order to avoid rude, wrong or inappropriate descriptions.

This would be a first step towards the possibility of searching the Gallery for motives, themes, tags etc. (e.g. "Grace Kelly", "Queen", "Tiger", "Zodiac", "UNESCO", ...)
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: Sfander

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 06:26 AM

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not to Postcrossing. When I receive a postcard I always write a description under the picture of the card. If there isn't much information on the card I google it and find information to place there. Learning about new places is one of the things I love about Postcrossing the most. I also respect an artist's copyright and will show it as well if it is on the back of the card.

As for postcards I send, if I felt that strongly about placing information about the card, then I would consider just posting the information in the comment section after the card is registered. Maybe after doing this a few times, the recipient might get the idea to fill in the subject line under the card and that it is a good thing to do for everyone to enjoy their cards.

I don't think I would like it, if I went to the trouble of adding the info before sending the postcard and the recipient deleted the card....Sadly, not everyone wants a picture of the card in their sent and received lists.:)
and_abelard

Country Flag:
UK

UK
Postcrossing Username: and_abelard

[*] posted on 24-7-2018 at 12:02 PM

Another :thumbup: for the ability to add descriptions to sent cards
Petre

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: Petre

[*] posted on 17-8-2018 at 04:12 PM

To be able to add info about the card subject on the website would mean more room on the card for other stuff. So I would like to see this implemented. :thumbup:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Imprint