Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: [CANADA] Postes Canada - Canada Post related questions and comments
KarenNfld

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: KarenNfld

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-8-2012 at 02:52 PM
[CANADA] Postes Canada - Canada Post related questions and comments

Please use this thread to ask questions or make comments regarding Canada Post - their services, postal regulations, addressing method, postage, stamps, postmarks, delivery speed, etc.

Canada to Puerto Rico
I just drew an address in Puerto Rico and wasn't sure if I should use an international stamp or a stamp for the US so I called Canada Post.

It costs the same to send to Puerto Rico as it does it send to the USA. ($1.05).

Just thought I would let other Canadians know in case you get an address from Puerto Rico.
richardlater

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 29-6-2018 at 04:33 AM

Effective 14 January, 2019, for letters up to 30 grams and postcards, the following rates are anticipated:

Domestic - 90 cents, up from 85 cents
USA - $1.27, up from $1.20
International - $2.65, up from $2.50

Single-purchase stamps for domestic mail will increase to $1.05, up from $1.00.
DK28082

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: DK28082

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 12:49 AM
Canada Post on rotating strike starting Oct. 22 at 00:01

Edmonton was on strike Monday and I received mail today (Tuesday) so it’s not so grave. Mail will continue moving in areas not on strike.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: Sfander

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 02:11 AM

It sure has slowed down here in Toronto and we didn't have deliveries or pick ups yesterday and today. It was suppose to only happen for one day here and then move on, but it looks like they want to hurt Toronto. I sure miss my postcards and I'm worrying about the ones I posted yesterday.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 02:17 AM

@Feli1963...I wouldn't be telling people not to mail their cards. This could be over before it really gets started. I suggest a wait and see attitude before you tell people not to mail their postcards.

Did someone tell you to advise people not to mail their postcards? ...Just wondering?
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 04:14 PM

:thumbup: ....Good stuff Feli1963. Sorry, I had just emailed you on the subject, please disregard. Have a great day.:)
DK28082

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 11:36 PM

Looks like the original post was deleted. Updates can be found here: https://www.canadapost.ca/updates
rosiews

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: rosiews

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-11-2018 at 02:08 AM

Charlottetown, PEI was striking today - wider range than first announced! :thumbdown:
cawindt

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: cawindt

[*] posted on 8-11-2018 at 11:18 AM

I sent postcards to the US from Toronto on Oct 28/29 and at least one has reached its destination a week later.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 08:14 PM

Most of my sent cards are arriving in regular fashion, but occasionally a few have taken 2 or 3 days longer than the norm. Postcards that I have received are coming in about twice a week. My mailbox has had a few lonely days thanks to the rotating strikes.

Apparently there is quite a number of Canada Post trucks across Canada sitting waiting for mail to be taken off for sourcing. The strikers are not offering any overtime throughout this strike, so, they will get to the waiting mail trucks only during their regular hours. Toronto seems to be their number one choice for holding up the mail and that is due to it being Canada's largest city and financial hub.
DK28082

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 17-11-2018 at 02:51 AM

Strike was on again in Edmonton today, I haven't received any mail since last Friday. :( I am hoping that the union accepts Canada Post's offer by the deadline tomorrow.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 17-11-2018 at 05:50 AM

I've had letter mail only once this week and that was today (Nov.16), Friday. On Tuesday I had a small parcel delivered and was told not to expect letter mail for the remainder of the week, but as I said, I got some today.

I have quite a few postcards mailed and some are getting received as per regular registration times, but others seem to be taking long than the normal time. Many are going to 'long travel time' countries anyway, so it is hard to judge if it is the mail strike or not.

I generally do all my Christmas shopping online, but the strike has really messed things up for me, especially all the sales I am going to miss out on. I hope they accept the offer too and soon.
renegade_Cavalcade

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: renegade_cavalcade

Mood: too busy with real life! ;__;

[*] posted on 17-11-2018 at 06:10 PM

I'm in Toronto (downtown core) and I haven't received anything all week!
idus

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: idus

Mood: busy

[*] posted on 17-11-2018 at 10:17 PM

:(
idus

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: idus

Mood: busy

[*] posted on 23-11-2018 at 11:25 AM

Any news about the strike?
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 23-11-2018 at 02:44 PM

Canadian government is ordering them back to work because of the need for postal services for Christmas, but legislature takes time and it could be several weeks before the order goes through. Apparently, there is quite a backlog of parcels waiting in trucks to be unloaded and be sorted. Officials say it will take up until January 2019 for it to clear.

I'm in Toronto and as far as the letter mail goes, most everything I have mailed arrives within the normal period of time. This week I have had mail every day. I have also recently received two small packages and they have taken a week or two longer than norm to arrive.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 23-11-2018 at 04:08 PM

I just checked my registered sent and traveling cards to see if there was any specific countries that were either not getting their mail or registering later than normal and all looks the way it should under normal conditions.

I did notice that I have quite a few absent PX'rs with my cards waiting to be registered and a few of them regularly batch register their postcards. To add to the mix, I also have a few new members (6), but I couldn't find anything that would point to our mail strike causing delays.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 27-11-2018 at 03:39 PM

Mail service will resume all across the country at noon Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018 after the Senate passed legislation ordering an end to five weeks of rotating strikes by postal workers.

I expect normal deliveries will begin today. I hope this will be the end of Canada's mail disruption and they manage to resolve their problems.

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: 90960

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 11:54 PM

I sent my first postcrossing card 12 days ago to the United States and it's still travelling. :(
DK28082

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 29-11-2018 at 12:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 90960  
I sent my first postcrossing card 12 days ago to the United States and it's still travelling. :(

That doesn’t seem out of the ordinary. Usually my cards to the US take about two weeks to arrive. You can check the receiver’s stats page to see their average travel time.
captain_ratty

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: captain_ratty

[*] posted on 29-11-2018 at 12:42 AM

Here in Australia normal post to Canada is not being accepted by the post office.

Below taken from the Australia Post website:

Significant delays to Canada
27 November 2018

Canada Post continues to experience industrial action across Canada, which is causing significant delays in deliveries of letters and parcels to and from Canada. Canada Post has advised this is expected to continue for some time and have asked us to stop sending any parcels or letters to Canada.

All letters and parcels that were lodged with Australia Post on or before Monday 26 November will be sent to Canada on Tuesday 27 November for delivery.

We’ve also managed to find an alternative provider who will continue to accept International Express and International Courier products for delivery into Canada.

We are, however, unable to accept lodgements of letters or parcels for Standard or Economy services to Canada, from Tuesday 27 November 2018.
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

[*] posted on 29-11-2018 at 02:06 AM

@ 90960, For me, 12 to 18 days is around the norm travel time to anywhere in the U.S.A.

@ captain_ratty, I can only say what I have experience here in Toronto, and except for a few days of no delivery...I have not experienced any slow down in picking the mail up at the boxes or delivering it throughout the world.

I do believe your postal service was responding to Canada Post sighting delays in getting mail/parcels out due to the backlog of unloaded postal trucks containing mail that had been sitting in trucks since the strike began at the sorting plants.
Yesterday they were saying the backlog wouldn't be cleared until the first week of January 2019...Today, they are saying the middle of next week and then all will be good for shipping Christmas parcels and Christmas shopping deliveries.

It seems to change for the better every day they are back at work. So far, I have not experienced any problems with my postard mailings at all.
captain_ratty

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: captain_ratty

[*] posted on 30-11-2018 at 03:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sfander  
@ 90960, For me, 12 to 18 days is around the norm travel time to anywhere in the U.S.A.

@ captain_ratty, I can only say what I have experience here in Toronto, and except for a few days of no delivery...I have not experienced any slow down in picking the mail up at the boxes or delivering it throughout the world.

I do believe your postal service was responding to Canada Post sighting delays in getting mail/parcels out due to the backlog of unloaded postal trucks containing mail that had been sitting in trucks since the strike began at the sorting plants.
Yesterday they were saying the backlog wouldn't be cleared until the first week of January 2019...Today, they are saying the middle of next week and then all will be good for shipping Christmas parcels and Christmas shopping deliveries.

It seems to change for the better every day they are back at work. So far, I have not experienced any problems with my postard mailings at all.

Oh yes, I’m sure you do know more about this and I wasn’t disputing it. I just provided the info incase it helped explain any Australian postcards/items not arriving for anyone in Canada. Or incase it was useful for Australian postcrossers who were intending on sending to Canada. I’ve not heard of a post office simply stopping accepting post to certain countries before.

I’ve just been back on the Aus Post Page and they seemed to have taken down the bulletin so I’m guessing it’s changed back. As you say things seem to be changing each day!
Sfander

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada

mad.gif posted on 19-12-2018 at 05:25 AM
Jan. 14, 2019...Canada Postal Increase Again...

Hello fellow Canadians...I'm advising you all to hold on to your hats because our Postal rates increase January 14, 2019!

Domestic Lettermail will change from .90 cents to $1.05 for a single stamp.
For Booklets, coils or panes the price changes from .85 to .90 cents.

U.S.A. Lettermail will change from $1.20 to $1.27 to mail a postcard or letter.

International mail changes from $2.50 to $2.65 to mail a postcard or letter.

Sorry for the bad news.
Boyana
formerly known as bmeschewski

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Boyana

[*] posted on 19-12-2018 at 05:57 AM

That is soooo expensive!!!! It’s sad when something so small and light costs so much to mail
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Imprint