Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  79
Author: Subject: [RR] US to US Surprise Me - From Hawaii to Maine, we want YOU!
Boyana
formerly known as bmeschewski

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: Boyana

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 10:09 AM

Group 796: Received from AccentonHakes - A really gorgeous card from Bryce Canyon NP - thank you so much Karen for the amazing card

Group 800: I have received all but one card!!! I am sooooo sorry for not mailing mine soon, I will write them out this weekend and send to everyone

1. KDA - a lovely view card from the White Mountain Wilderness in New Mexico, it looks so gorgeous makes me wanna visit soon :):)
2. MichelleW - first and foremost, thank you for hosting!! A super cool multi-view card from Mexico, I love it!!!
3. Emilyann - a really cool artsy card, thank you so much!!
4. Corvettegal - a very pretty winter scenery from Indiana, thank you!!!!
5. sleepykitty - a stunning northern lights card from Alaska, and the scratch off idea is soooo cool!!!!
6. angeldreamer - a beautiful card from the San Luis Valley, CO, thank you so much!!
7. nowaglas - an awesome view card from the Chaco Canyon NM - great addition to my UNESCO collection, thank you so very much!!
8. Laura RB - thank you Laura for the great choice of card - a cool view from Texas :):) glad we get to meet on this RR too!!
9. monkeyflower - a really colorful and cool card of Turkish dancers, thank you for the really nice thought to send me a dance-related card!!
10. maleko - thank you Mark for the beautiful card from Mount Kea!! This is my first card from Hawaii and I was so happy when I found it in my mailbox this week!! I actually celebrated my first anniversary there so it brough back some great memories :):)
11. clouisesz - a wonderful view card from the Starved Rock State Park, thank you!! I used to live in Chicago and visited the park a couple of year ago, it was definitely once of the nicer nature places around the area to go to :):) Also I received a SECOND card from Connie - a city view of Chicago!! Thank you so very much and I will also send you two cards :):)
12. hootnoodle - a very beautiful view card from Mt. Rainier and lovely kitty stamps!!!!
13. jesserz - a stunning card from the Great Sand Dunes in CO - it's perfect!! Also you did write hello exactly how it's spelled, Bulgarian and Russian have many common words and I hope you do visit Bulgaria one day. If you ever want some candy though let me know I get it every time I go to Chicago as there is a large BG community out there and I will be more than happy to send you some :):)
14. TandemStoker - a beautoful view card from Colorado, and yes certainly great coincidence our zip codes are almost identical, I wonder if card meant for LA go to Colorado by accident or vice versa :):)
15. helenlivelovelaugh - a very nice Orchid flower card and such a cool coincidence you were just visiting LA the day before you sent it :):) and I will check out your recommendation of the Indian Canyon in the next few weeks when I go to Joshua Tree NP
16. Cruzin - A truly lovely postcard from Tahiti, it's my first card from there :):):)
17. Blue_Fox - an amazing view card from Cleveland, and wonderful decoration on the back!! Thank you so much!! I fully agree with you that this RR is wonderful and have enjoyed being a part of it so much thusfar!!
18. koyohtay - a very pretty card from Montana, I hope you are enjoying your visit to the Mid-West and staying warm
19. daliz - a view card of the Lincoln Memorial in DC :):) I hope your time off is going great and you are able to enjoy it full despite the cold front!
20. AndiP - a perfect card from the Vintage Large Letter State cards series, it was the perfect choice, thank you for putting so much thought in your selection, I really appreciate it!

21. AmandaLasen - to be received

22. Hyshu65 - a wonderful card from the Bahamas (my first!!) - hope you had an excellent time on your cruise!!
24. Deborahann - a very cool inspirational quote and nice kitty on it :):):) thank you and you should check out Agatha Christie for mystery books (if you haven't already)
25. iwritedeb - a wonderful card from the Crater Lake NP in Oregon, I've been wanting to explore Oregon more now that I live on the West Coast, I think I need to certainly add this NP to my list of summer destinations :):) thank you!!
26. Gbnaabennett - a super super beautiful card from the Great Smokey Mountains, I hope you had an excellent day visiting with your Mom and I find it so cool that you got married on the same day as your parents!!
27. AccentOnHakes - a wonderful long card from Zion, I've never received a card like this before and was so happy to find it in my mailbox :):)
28. bongish - a truly gorgeous card from the Great Smokey Mountains NP, I had no idea it was the most visited park in the US!! I wish you many many travels around the world in the future!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE AMAZING CARDS AND THE WONDERFUL MESSAGES AND AGAIN I AM SOOOO SORRY TO BE THE SLACKER IN THIS WONDERFUL GROUP!!!
Boyana

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 10:10 AM

Wow this turned out to be my longest message yet... that's what I get for not reporting for 2 weeks...
jamessveta

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: jamessveta

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 03:01 PM

Group: 808
Received from savagepink a postcard of a 1962 Ford Fairlane. Thanks :) The classics are the best :)
MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: MichelleW

Mood: I have cat-titude!

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 03:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Boyana  
Wow this turned out to be my longest message yet... that's what I get for not reporting for 2 weeks...

I was just relieved to find all the entries except one were for 800, which I don't keep up with as far who sends/receives! You are forgiven for tardiness. No detention or anything. :D :D

PS - THANK YOU, HOOTNOODLE, for suggesting a couple of hundred groups ago that I didn't have to keep up with the "big" groups. Makes my hosting life so much easier!!! :spin:
MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Trinch  
Keith, I though you'd like that card. However, it was for the Alphabet RR T.42 :spin:

Quote: Originally posted by KDA  
Group 800

Trinch sent a fantastic addition to my masted ships art collection.
Simply wonderful painting of a multi-masted vessel on the ocean
waves under a partly cloudy blue sky. Yay!
Thanks much, Trinch. :roll:

LOL - that took some true detective work on your part, Trinch! :P
MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 03:57 PM

Hope everyone's weekend is warmer. When I lived in Knoxville, we had a week of -25 weather in January. I moved back to Texas in July!! :frog:

I received a card for Group 800 from AmandaLasen that is a great retro of a cover from a 1945 mystery, Curtains for the Editor. I call it Pulp Fiction art, but the artist described it as "a combination of graphic design and stylized realism." Still Pulp Fiction to me! Great card - poor editor. :) Thanks, Amanda! :cool:

Group 811 - hootnoodle sent a fantastic card, Tigerish Bean by artist Joe Park! It's described on the Seattle Art Museum's site as the artist's "own private Pure Land presided over by a benign, multi-armed Buddhist deity." Love it - thank you, Mary! :D

That's it for the updates right now

Emilyann

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: emilyann

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 07:24 PM

Thanks Hootnoodle for the Keep Calm and Fear Not card. I haven’t heard of that Lincoln book, but I’m pretty out of the book loop.
Corvettegal

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: corvettegal

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 08:38 PM

Please add me to the next available 5 person group :bouncing:
Cruzin

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: Cruzin

Mood: Lazy, crazy and hazy!

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 09:40 PM

Group 804

Corvettegal
sent me a card from my favorites wall - A Godey Lady. They are from a 1800’s fashion magazine for women. I love these because my a Grandmother gave my sister and I each 2 framed “ prints” from the magazines. They were given to her from my Grandfathers employers daughter-in-law who was a Miss America way back when and signed on the back to my Grandmother from her. I haven’t seen them in decades - they are in the garage of my sisters house which she is now cleaning out to get ready to put her house on the market. She found them, has a box of “my stuff” - yet somehow can’t find it when I was out there last week.... I’ll get them back eventually! But thank you! It always warms my heart thinking of my a Grandparents when I see these.

KDA

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: KeithA

Mood: Full steam ahead!

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 10:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Trinch  
Keith, I though you'd like that card. However, it was for the Alphabet RR T.42 :spin:

Group 800

Trinch sent a fantastic addition to my masted ships art collection.
Simply wonderful painting of a multi-masted vessel on the ocean
waves under a partly cloudy blue sky. Yay!
Thanks much, Trinch. :roll:

Oh.

jamessveta

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: jamessveta

[*] posted on 2-2-2019 at 11:11 PM

Group: 808
Received from bongish a homemade Avengers card and a Smithsonian card. Thanks :) The Hulk is one of my favorites also, ever since I was a kid. What camera did you get?

Received from steresem a vintage looking French pinup card. Thanks :) Sounds like you and your friend had a good time on your birthday. :)

Group: 812
Received from AccentOnHakes a Emerald waterfalls card from Zion National Park. We have lots of waterfalls in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I would like to get back up there and photograph more of them. My wife has a doctors appointment next week. They will go over her test results with her and let her know what kind of treatment plan they will put her on. Yes we had a big winter storm here this week with record low temperatures and snow. We were with postal service for two days and my daughter has been out of school for over a week because of the weather. I'm looking forward to Spring!
Boyana

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 12:52 AM

Group 800

I"ve received all except for AmandaLasen and Boyana.
You can close me if you want, Michelle.

My cards to everyone will be out in the mail on Monday :)
helenlivelovelaugh

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: helenlivelovelaugh

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 04:57 AM

Group 800-

@Gbnaabennett, happy anniversary!!! Love the Pixar card!

@Hyshu65, I always wanted to go to Cayman Islands and learn how to dive. Thank you for your card.
daliz

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: daliz

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 07:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gbnaabennett  

800-
Not sure because this was not signed, but it says hello from Palm Springs on the back and is a beautiful white floral pc, thank you!

That has to be me! Not signing - that's a new one for me! :D
daliz

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: daliz

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 07:18 AM

Group 800

MichelleW sent a lovely bike card. Time flies when we're having fun!!
hyshi65 sent a great card from her cruise. I hope you had a wonderful time!
maleko sent a really excellent Eiffel Tower card. I have visited the Eiffel Tower. It wasn't during a busy season, so we walked up without a wait. We went specifically in the late afternoon so we could get daytime photos, watch the sunset and the lights turn on from the second floor and then get nighttime photos!
helenlivelovelaugh sent a really neat black and white card - a woman making a postal decision
Blue_Fox sent a great new Lincoln card. Hope your day of postcard writing kept you nice and warm - inside from the cold!
bongish sent a super cool Lincoln card - new for my collection!

Thanks to each of you - what wonderful cards!
clouisesz
formerly Connie030452

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: clouisesz

Mood: Democracy is not a spectator sport

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 02:36 PM

We are finally out of the deep freeze, it is about 52 degrees today, that almost a 100 degree raise in temperature, and it feels so good. But with all that snow melting we have other concerns, but right now I'm loving getting outside, and getting mail again.

Rec'd 800
hyshu65 Hope you had a great time on your cruise, thank you for the Grand Bahamas Faino Beach postcard, would love to see that for myself.
Amandalasen Colonial Willimsburg and great washi tape and stamps
Gbnaabennett Love the Smokey the Bear postcard. Hope your mom enjoyed your visit and the cake.

sunnydays Where is Waldo, I'm still looking. Loved reading about drive your tractor to school day, made me smile. And reading about the Jr. high kids driving lawn mowers really made me smile. I actually travel to Plainfield often. My brother and his family live there. Were you there when they had the big tornado?
accentonhakes Sunny lakes and snow covered mountains of Nevada. We have finally gotten out of the deep freeze and now the temps are in the 50's. Our weather is ... not sure how to describe it.
MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 03:34 PM

Hello, everyone! It's great to read that the Polar Vortex seems to be moving out of the Midwest. Had to chuckle about the Illinois 100 degree rise in temp - sounds like Texas, but we'd only have about a 50 degree rise! Hope you don't have any flooding issues clouisesz!

And I found my mailbox full of wonderful cards last night!

Group 810:

Emilyann sent a card that had me ROFL (and ROFLing is hard)! Puns are so, so much fun and I would call this a Valentine worthy of The Queen! I instantly thought of the Beatles' short tune that states, "Her majesty's a very nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say.....I wanna tell her I luv her a lot, but I gotta have a belly full of wine." Thanks for the laugh, Emily! :D

Gbnaabennett sent a super Gorey card that I haven't seen in a very long time, The Doubtful Guest. "It joined them at breakfast and presently ate all the syrup and toast, and a part of a plate." I hope he didn't drink all of the holiday punch! I love getting this card, Barbara! :D

carolreader sent a card that is a photo of the Johnny Cash Clan enjoying an evening on the porch. The thing that sets this card is that the pic was taken by Annie Liebovitz. I have seen this card, Carol, and am so happy to add it to my Annie collection! Thank you! :D

Hyshu65 sent a card from her recent cruise that included a stop in Jamaica! You've already booked a return trip? Way to go, mon! Thanks, Tami! :D

Group 811:

butterfli75 sent a card she found in my "faves" and I do love it! It's a film image from Disney's A Bug's Life. I just love the motherly look of the bird! Wow - thank you for going through a whole lot of cards to find this one, Heather!!! :D

Gbnaabennett sent a very amusing Kliban cat that I think of as "A day at the Kliban's Cats Zoo! This cat is the dictionary's illustration pic for "fat cat." Oh my goodness - you make truffles? yumyumyumyum - what a wonderful treat to make!!!! :D

Thanks to everyone - enjoy the day.
nowaglas

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: nowaglas

Mood: You control your thoughts. Learn to hit skip - Zero Dean

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 04:59 PM

800 received from:

1. KDA - awesome California water scene. Thanks Keith!

2. MichelleW - nice sunset scene. It is crazy that we are at 800!

3. Emilyann - It is a party! thanks for the cool bike card.

4. Corvettegal - thank you PJ for the winter in indiana card!

6. angeldreamer - thank you for the Oklahoma scenic card. Thank you for the compliment on my pain.

8. Laura RB - thank you for the underwater view card. I love it!

9. monkeyflower - Thank you for the feet with wings. Love this card!

10. maleko - thanks Mark for the nice and beautiful sea card. So beautiful!

11. clouisesz - a Lantern Press new to my collection. Thank you Connie!

12. hootnoodle - thanks Mary for the Washington balloon card!

13. jesserz - thank you for the otter crest card. I don't know where i will go on my next cruise -probably eastern, western or southern caribbean...... as usual but i can't get enough of them.

14. TandemStoker - thank you Shirley for the really cool weird card - I love it!

15. helenlivelovelaugh thank you for the NY card. Yep, 31 or 32 cruises - i think i lost count. Not enough though, that's for sure. If I could live on the ocean, I would.

16. Cruzin Thanks Lori for the lantern Press card! Love it!

17. Blue_Fox - Hey Mark - thanks for the water card. I love that blue!

18. koyohtay - thank you Annii for the lantern press card!

19. daliz - thank you Amanda for the oregon coast card - pretty!

20. AndiP - Thank you Andrea for the card of me headed off to my next adventure. Nothing planned in writing yet but i can't wait to leave!

21. AmandaLasen - thanks Amanda for the cool Musk, hashish and Blood card!

22. Hyshu65 - Hope you enjoyed your cruise. I don't think I have ever had a bad one. Thank you!

24. Deborahann - - love the latest cat artist - my three are good! thank you!

25. iwritedeb - water, water everywhere. Thank you Deb!

26. Gbnaabennett - Thanks Barbara for the vacation card. Happy belated anniversary to you!

27. AccentOnHakes - thanks Karen for the boat card. new to my collection!

28. bongish - thank you for the travel poster card. Snow is yuck yes, and so is what you wrote! thank you!

still missing two but it's ok - one from sleepykitty and the other from boyana.

Gabbennett ahas not received my card or I missed the update

thank you
Hyshu65
formerly known as BeMySwapOrPenPal

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: BeMySwapOrPenPal

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 05:40 PM

Group 800

daliz the leaning tower of Pisa

Group 810

Emilyann sent Moe's bookstore

hootnoodle sent Mount Vernon tulip garden

carolreader sent a painting by Malcah Zeldis titled "Rita" 1968 or RIta Hayworth on the red carpet.

Thank you all for great cards!
hootnoodle

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: hootnoodle

Mood: dismayed about current lack of checks and balances in national government

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 05:43 PM

Lots to report!

GROUP 800:

Hyshu65 - Taino Beach in the Grand Bahamas, looks so inviting at this time of year!

GROUP 806:

maleko - lights at night in the Cleveland, Ohio, theater district. Yes, you do know how I appreciate live theater.

GROUP 809:

sunnydays - an excellent history card about Susan B. Anthony

GROUP 810:

Gbnaabennett - The Old Mill at Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. That sounds like a fun visit.

EmilyAnn - a painting of Shakespeare and Company bookstore in Paris. You've been there? Fabulous!

carolreader - a wonderful old B&W photo of a car at the side of a road, with a street sign saying "dream".

GROUP 811:

MichelleW - Rachel Carson, from the Women Who Dared series, and topical comments.

GROUP 812:

AccentOnHakes - a view of Bryce Canyon from the Navajo Loop Trail. That scenery looks so other-worldly, and fabulous. Hope your oven is fixed now.

Thanks everyone!

iwritedeb

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: iwritedeb

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 07:00 PM

May I join group 813 please?
sunnydays

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: sunnyml

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 09:12 PM

Group 810

EmilyAnn sent me a cool astrological art card. Thanks :)
sunnydays

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: sunnyml

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 09:16 PM

Yes, I lived through that tornado. Our house wasn't hit, but we had damage and debris. A very scary and humbling moment. My class was the last one to attend the downtown Joliet school. I graduated from (when it was still just one high school) in 1996. Go wildcats!

Quote: Originally posted by clouisesz  
We are finally out of the deep freeze, it is about 52 degrees today, that almost a 100 degree raise in temperature, and it feels so good. But with all that snow melting we have other concerns, but right now I'm loving getting outside, and getting mail again.

Rec'd 800
hyshu65 Hope you had a great time on your cruise, thank you for the Grand Bahamas Faino Beach postcard, would love to see that for myself.
Amandalasen Colonial Willimsburg and great washi tape and stamps
Gbnaabennett Love the Smokey the Bear postcard. Hope your mom enjoyed your visit and the cake.

sunnydays Where is Waldo, I'm still looking. Loved reading about drive your tractor to school day, made me smile. And reading about the Jr. high kids driving lawn mowers really made me smile. I actually travel to Plainfield often. My brother and his family live there. Were you there when they had the big tornado?
accentonhakes Sunny lakes and snow covered mountains of Nevada. We have finally gotten out of the deep freeze and now the temps are in the 50's. Our weather is ... not sure how to describe it.
AccentOnHakes

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: AccentOnHakes

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 09:58 PM

bongish with comic-book style facts about Virginia. Love all the stamps you put on it!
butterfli75

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: butterfli75

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 11:31 PM

Gbnaabennett - a beautiful pink lily to add to my card 'garden!' Thank you! My GOODNESS - I was amazed at all the food you made! You have some lucky boys!

MichelleW - a very lovely card of a girl chasing butterflies on a sunny Spring day. Everything about this card is perfect! Thank you!

hootnoodle - a Mary Cassatt(!) painting of a young girl called Margo in Blue. I love it! Hope you had a nice visit with your son. How fun to find a river otter!

Thank you all! :bouncing:
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  79

Go To Top

Imprint