Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  33    35
Author: Subject: [RR] US to US Surprise Me - From Hawaii to Maine, we want YOU!
angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: Angeldreamer

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 01:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by butterfli75  
Quote: Originally posted by MichelleW  
Quote: Originally posted by iwritedeb  
#813 from Butterfli75 - a nice card of a door marked number 7, with a curving brick staircase. I'd like to visit but not to carry groceries up day after day. Thanks for asking about my work. I do love it! I have been working with a medical examiner's office for four years. I started by appointing myself to work on cases around the U.S. as a volunteer from a website the federal government runs where coroners can list unclaimed decedents. One agency was very responsive whenever I solved a case, so I've done most of my cases for them. Last year I had the opportunity to work on two forensic cold cases for the police department in the same jurisdiction. Starting this year I'm contracting with that same medical examiner's office to provide genealogy services to help identify John and Jane Does, so after four years, I'm getting paid for what I love to do. It's interesting and engaging!

Wow! You should be a new show on Investigation ID!!!! :D :D :D

I know, right!? I'd watch!! I'm already an ID addict, that sounds like a great one! iwritedeb - if you ever get a show, don't forget to let us know. :D
that is truly awesome turning a wonderful hobby into a career. No doubt there is only going to be more need of this in the future as more agencies get in board with the new techniques to solve their cold cases!
angeldreamer

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: Angeldreamer

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 01:24 AM

Sign me up for 815..will be my last for a month or so as we will be traveling most of March :) maybe part of April too. This vacation is why I am still unemployed...so we could have the freedom to extend our time as we wanted.
austen777

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: austen777

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 04:19 AM

I would like to join Group 819.
AccentOnHakes

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: AccentOnHakes
Member Is Online

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 06:54 AM

818 written.
Gbnaabennett

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: gbnaabennett

Mood: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 08:15 AM

813 and 817 have been mailed. Please add me to the next group!
Gbnaabennett

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hyshu65  
I would like to join Group 815

Since I sent postcards from my last 2 cruises i noticed some comments and questions I will address here

KDA I have been on 4. We have 2 booked for 2020. We leave out of Galveston, Texas which is a 340 mile drive.

hootnoodle don't worry about motion sickness. My mom has it real bad and vertigo on dry land. She has NO problem on the ship. MOst of the time you dont know you are moving! Plus there is a patch you can wear behind your ear and a bracelt you can get at any Pharmacy. Don't let that be a reason to keep you from one!

Gbnaabennett , Yes you need to take a crusie! you can go out of New Orleans, if that is limited then take the drive to Galveston. You can take a cruise to Montego Bay, Jamaica --Grand Cayman Islands-- Cozumel, Mexico. That is the cruise we did last year and we are repeating next year.

Yes to all we had a great time on all our cruises. Once you do one, you want to do more. Just ask nowaglas!

Our cruise this year was Key West, FL (LOVED the town!), Freeport and Nassau, The Bahamas. Next year in Jan is our repeat cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. In Sept 2020 is a group cruise with my son's friends who all have Down syndrome where 3 of them are turning 25. Jacob will be 24 though. We are going to Cozumel, Honduras and Belize.

We use Carnival. It is the best bang for the buck. I book directly at Carnival.com and I do not use a third party travel agent.

If anyone has other questions, please feel free to U2U me.

Thank you for all the great advice!
Gbnaabennett

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by daliz  
Please sign me up for a regular group!

I got this card over the weekend and figured you'd be just green with envy, udderly envious! :lol:

Michelle, that card is toooo awesome!
Gbnaabennett

Country Flag:
USA

USA

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 08:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by angeldreamer  
Quote: Originally posted by iwritedeb  
#813 from Butterfli75 - a nice card of a door marked number 7, with a curving brick staircase. I'd like to visit but not to carry groceries up day after day. Thanks for asking about my work. I do love it! I have been working with a medical examiner's office for four years. I started by appointing myself to work on cases around the U.S. as a volunteer from a website the federal government runs where coroners can list unclaimed decedents. One agency was very responsive whenever I solved a case, so I've done most of my cases for them. Last year I had the opportunity to work on two forensic cold cases for the police department in the same jurisdiction. Starting this year I'm contracting with that same medical examiner's office to provide genealogy services to help identify John and Jane Does, so after four years, I'm getting paid for what I love to do. It's interesting and engaging!

Wow! You should be a new show on Investigation ID!!!! :D :D :D

I know, right!? I'd watch!! I'm already an ID addict, that sounds like a great one! iwritedeb - if you ever get a show, don't forget to let us know. :D
that is truly awesome turning a wonderful hobby into a career. No doubt there is only going to be more need of this in the future as more agencies get in board with the new techniques to solve their cold cases!

This is just incredible! I would love to know bow you got into this line of work as a volunteer. I went to college with the desire to become a profiler, so anything true crime and investigative work such as yours fascinates me!
carolreader

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: carolreader

Mood: Looking forward to Christmas this year.

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 01:23 PM

Group 810:

monkeyflower – I’m still trying to run but slowed by age to about 15% of what I used to do (a rough calculation reflecting reduced speed and mileage). The good news: your card brought back memories. I ran the Big Sur International Marathon in 2008. If your drums were there, I regret to say I don’t remember them. I just remember the guy playing the baby grand at the top of Hurricane Point, and the lady giving free hugs at about mile 20. But I know you will be better appreciated than this.

steresem – I’m certainly glad to hear you have some manners (and can make me laugh). Nice vintage-feel magazine cover.

angeldreamer – a classic metal turnstile. There’s one “guarding” the track where I’ll be running tomorrow morning. I wish I were headed to Florida – have a great time

Gbnaabennett – It appears we both survived the cold weather last month (and it’s all relative – your temperature sounded sort of warm to me, but….). A quilt like the one on this card would have been nice, but it’s too pretty to actually use.

carolreader

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: carolreader

Mood: Looking forward to Christmas this year.

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 01:24 PM

Good News:thumbup: I've received all my cards for group 810.

If there's room in 815, please add me. If not, just put me in any group. Thanks.
MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: MichelleW

Mood: I have cat-titude!

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 03:02 PM

I'll close out 818! (I'm working on my commitment issues... :D )

I knew I'd messed up and this post kept nagging at my memory! I missed adding you to 818, but you're not off the hook and I'm adding you to 819!!

:duh:
MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 04:17 PM

Hi, everyone!

I just sent the addresses for Group 815 - DOUBLE-TAKE!

And I received some great cards:

Group 815:

clouisesz sent the sweetest sleeping kitty! Their sleeping postures can be too, too funny. This one looks like she may need a sleep mask! Thank you for saving Scooter - and I hope she sticks around during the warmer weather! :singing:

Blue_Fox sent a mighty Samurai. It's really "the actor Kaharazaki Shasno in the Role of General Yoshitsune Minamato." Impressive. Everything I know about Samurais I learned from the books "Shogun" and "Taipan." Thank you, Mark - and I loved the adorable kittens/puppies stickers! :D

Group 816:

hootnoodle sent a card showing sea stacks which appear along the Washington coast. What fascinating works of nature! I just had to find the Golden Dragon Acrobats! Wow - that must have been quite a show - lucky you! :D

Emilyann sent a gorgeous "disa uniflora", which is more commonly known as an orchid. I LOVE the color! Thank you, Emily - super stamps, too! :D

Blue_Fox sent a strangely beautiful card showing a gang-graffiti filled subway. I'd love more info on the picture. Do I wonder? Sometimes...but not often. I like the anonymity, I think! Maybe everyone is a little robot like your cute stickers! ;) (And I have to admit that I never want to win at adulting!) :D

And that is it for me. I just have to add notes to my 815 Double-take cards and they'll be in today's mail!

MichelleW

Country Flag:
United States

United States

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by carolreader  
Good News:thumbup: I've received all my cards for group 810.

If there's room in 815, please add me. If not, just put me in any group. Thanks.

angeldreamer just beat you to the last spot, so you're in Group 819! :cool:
Emilyann

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: emilyann

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 06:13 PM

Thanks Michellew for the Klimt card and the quote from the Queen!
daliz

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: daliz

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 06:37 PM

I've sent cards for group 817!
Corvettegal

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: corvettegal

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 09:23 PM

Group 813-

Iwritedeb sent an adorable card of goats! :)

I also received a beautiful valentine day card from Michelle! As much as I love postcards, it is fun to send greeting cards too. Gives me more room to decorate :P

Thank you both so much :bouncing:

Group 815 is written and will be in tomorrow's mail. I'm to lazy to go out in the cold today to the post office :P

helenlivelovelaugh

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: helenlivelovelaugh

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 01:22 AM

Group 800- final updates: I received all the cards from everyone!

@Boyana: I hope to go to mount Whitney one day. Thank you for your card!

@amandalasen: I love looking at people’s lists.. all kinds of lists. Thank you and I love the vogue card too!
sunnydays

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: sunnyml
Member Is Online

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 02:26 AM

Group 810

I received 2 great cards today!

monkeyflower - the sites of Boulder Creek - I would enjoy this town!

MichelleW - I love the valentine!

Pages:  1  ..  33    35

Go To Top

Imprint