Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: WalterWhite

[*] posted on 23-11-2013 at 11:55 PM
Ideas on favorites

I think on the following:
User A has marked a postcard from user B as favorite

Case 1:
User A and user B are both interested in direct swaps. As soon as User B marks a postcard from user A as favorite both get informed.

Case 2:
User B draws the address of user A (official change). With the address mail he gets also informed that user A has marked a postcard from him as favorite. Of course he is still free to send any postcard he likes.

What do you think?
Quahtreenuh

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: Quahtreenuh

Mood: amused

[*] posted on 24-11-2013 at 01:11 AM

The only problem I see is that users use favorites differently. Forum users tend to mark postcards that they would like to receive as "Favorite." Other users use it in the same way as the Facebook "like" button - just as approval of something another user has posted. I have seen lots of users on the official site "favorite" cards that they have already received, probably as another way to tell the sender that they appreciated the card. So, this suggestion would require redefining the "Favorite" function so that everyone uses it in a uniform way and explaining it so that new users get that it has a specific function as a wishlist.

Also, user B is already informed if user A favorites his/her card. If user B wants to have a swap, that user is already able to contact user A about it.
WalterWhite

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: WalterWhite

[*] posted on 24-11-2013 at 12:33 PM

For case 1 (get informed that you could do a direct swap) it doesn't matter how you use your favorites.

It doesn't matter how a use your favorites.

if you use it
a) as a sign to the sender that I liked his/her card => You will never receive a message that you could make a direct swap
b) as a sign that you like the card or you would like to receive the card you get the information. But of course no one is forced to swap. You just get a one time information that you both could exchange favorite cards.

But do you agree that it would be useful to get informed if you draw an address of a user who likes one of your cards you get informed on this fact?

Go To Top

Imprint