Postcrossing (Legacy) Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

NOTICE
The Postcrossing Forum is now at:

https://community.postcrossing.com

This is a read-only archive and can no longer be used.
Learn more here.

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Welcome to Hungary! (OT in English)
lu-lu

Country Flag:
Japan

Japan
Postcrossing Username: lu_lu

Mood: No swap at the moment

[*] posted on 30-6-2009 at 10:12 PM

Hi there!
It is so hard to get any Hungarian viewcards.
Is anyone interested in swapping a viewcard from Croatia?
I will send written and stamped.
Sorry, I can´t speak Hungarian, but I can write you in German, Japanese and English.
If you are interested in, please send me U2U :)
Agamar

Country Flag:
Poland

Poland

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-8-2009 at 07:59 PM

Hello! I am looking for Pick Szeged Handball Club fans. Please contact me if you are one of them, because I have a question, thanks;)
stadtschreiber
also known as swapper

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany

Mood: I am sorry that I have to retire from PC official swaps for an indefinite time.

[*] posted on 24-9-2009 at 08:18 PM

I am interested in cards with monasteries from Hungary. Who can help? Thanks in advance
linda70

Country Flag:
United Kingdom

United Kingdom
Postcrossing Username: linda70

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 26-11-2009 at 10:18 AM

Hi
I would like to swap card with your country.
In return I can send you a card from my city.
bye bye
Remili

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: Remili

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 12:56 PM

Szia, Hungarian Postcrossers!

My friends would love to visit Hungary (Budapest and Hévíz) in Christmas Holidays. Maybe you can recommend any interesting feasts or concerts this time?
szirmaik

Country Flag:
Hungary

Hungary
Postcrossing Username: szirmaik

[*] posted on 15-12-2009 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Remili  
Szia, Hungarian Postcrossers!

My friends would love to visit Hungary (Budapest and Hévíz) in Christmas Holidays. Maybe you can recommend any interesting feasts or concerts this time?

Hello! :) I'm sorry that I didn't write before... I don't know on exactly which day they will come here - before of after the Catholic Christmas... Before the 24th December there are several concerts, like those of folk singers and other singers and choirs (if so, I can search for more info). On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there are usually no concerts because everyone is at home :) though 24 December around 4 pm many churches organize "Bethlehem plays" where the actors are children :)
In Hévíz there seems to be a Christmas market that ends on 31 December. The one in Budapest (Vörösmarty square) is bigger and it ends on 29 December. :)
Goggs

Country Flag:
Croatia

Croatia
Postcrossing Username: GreyKnight

Mood: Good Mood

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 10:55 AM

Hello!
I came to ask you a favour!
I'm user at croatian wikipedia and i like to translate few sentences about my village to foreign language. I have a small text in english, can anyone translate it to magyar? I will send a "thank you" postcard in return.
Here is that text:

Soljani are a village in Cvelferija in the southernmost part of Vukovar-Srijem County (Vukovár-Szerém megye). From the 2001 census the village had a population of 1554 inhabitants.

It was first mentioned in 1329 as “Sauly, Sali posessio”, and since then the village name has been connected with the word “salt” (sol means salt in Croatian). During the Roman Empire the village was plotted on the history maps as “Saldis”, and one of the main roman roads that lead to Sirmium (Szávaszentdemeter) went via Saldis.

The village’s greatest development was during the 18th and the 19th century when the Slovaks from Vojvodina and Slovakia settled there. Today their decedents are the biggest minority in the village.

Thank you!
brunyi

Country Flag:
Belgium

Belgium
Postcrossing Username: brunyi

Mood: a mum of 4 children since 17 June 2010 :)

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 09:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Goggs  
Hello!
I'm user at croatian wikipedia and i like to translate few sentences about my village to foreign language. I have a small text in english, can anyone translate it to magyar? I will send a "thank you" postcard in return.
Here is that text:

Soljani are a village in Cvelferija in the southernmost part of Vukovar-Srijem County (Vukovár-Szerém megye). From the 2001 census the village had a population of 1554 inhabitants.

It was first mentioned in 1329 as “Sauly, Sali posessio”, and since then the village name has been connected with the word “salt” (sol means salt in Croatian). During the Roman Empire the village was plotted on the history maps as “Saldis”, and one of the main roman roads that lead to Sirmium (Szávaszentdemeter) went via Saldis.

The village’s greatest development was during the 18th and the 19th century when the Slovaks from Vojvodina and Slovakia settled there. Today their decedents are the biggest minority in the village.

Thank you!

Soljani egy falu Cvelferijaban, amely Vukovár-Szerém megye legdélibb részen fekszik. A 2001-es népszámláláskor a falu lakossága 1554 fő volt.

Először 1329-ben említik, mint "Sauly, Sali posessio", és azóta a falu neve kapcsolatban áll a "só" szóval (a horvát 'sol' sót jelent). A római birodalom ideje alatt a falu mint "Saldis" néven találjuk meg a történelmi térképeken, és az egyik legfontosabb római ut Saldis varosan keresztül vezetett Sirmium-ba (Szávaszentdemeter) .

A 18. és a 19. században volt a falu legnagyobb fejlesztése , amikor a vajdasági szlovákok és a szlovákok ott letelepedett. Ma az ő utodaik vannak a legnagyobb kisebbségben a faluban.
Goggs

Country Flag:
Croatia

Croatia
Postcrossing Username: GreyKnight

Mood: Good Mood

[*] posted on 8-2-2010 at 05:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by brunyi  
Quote: Originally posted by Goggs  
Hello!
Here is that text:

Thank you!

Soljani egy falu Cvelferijaban, amely Vukovár-Szerém megye legdélibb részen fekszik. A 2001-es népszámláláskor a falu lakossága 1554 fő volt.

Először 1329-ben említik, mint "Sauly, Sali posessio", és azóta a falu neve kapcsolatban áll a "só" szóval (a horvát 'sol' sót jelent). A római birodalom ideje alatt a falu mint "Saldis" néven találjuk meg a történelmi térképeken, és az egyik legfontosabb római ut Saldis varosan keresztül vezetett Sirmium-ba (Szávaszentdemeter) .

A 18. és a 19. században volt a falu legnagyobb fejlesztése , amikor a vajdasági szlovákok és a szlovákok ott letelepedett. Ma az ő utodaik vannak a legnagyobb kisebbségben a faluban.

thank you so much!
Please send me your address so i can send you a postcard!
Gulfmann

Country Flag:
Taiwan

Taiwan
Postcrossing Username: Gulfmann

Mood: Happy Collecting 2014

[*] posted on 12-3-2010 at 08:48 AM

I am looking for Hungarian traditional costume maxicards,
will reply in nice stamped postcards from Taiwan,
see my latest updated maxicards collections,
http://gulfmannmaxicard.blogspot.com
Please let me know your favorite topics?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
seropi

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland
Postcrossing Username: seropi

Mood: Don't hesitate to contact by u2u, I don't bite :)

[*] posted on 28-3-2010 at 10:22 AM

Szia friends,
:)
My children are going to visit Hungary next week. Due my x-husbands' work the kids lived in Hungary with him for a while, in Györ. They come to see what's changed, if anything.
They are going to fly to Budapest on Thursday afternoon and return to Finland on Easter Sunday.
I've persuaded them to send some postcards. :D Now, I'd like to know some tips, where to find cards on Easter time and where to buy stamps. All the cards are sent inside Europe.

You can answer me here or send u2u, either way, I'm thankful.:)
szirmaik

Country Flag:
Hungary

Hungary

[*] posted on 28-3-2010 at 08:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by seropi  
Szia frieds,
:)
My children are going to visit Hungary next week. Due my x-husbands' work the kids lived in Hungary with him for a while, in Györ. They come to see what's changed, if anything.
They are going to fly to Budapest on Thursday afternoon and return to Finland on Easter Sunday.
I've persuaded them to send some postcards. :D Now, I'd like to know some tips, where to find cards on Easter time and where to buy stamps. All the cards are sent inside Europe.

You can answer me here or send u2u, either way, I'm thankful.:)

Hello!

Hm... the most popular (and cheapest) place to buy postcards is Képesbolt in Deák Ferenc tér (square), the postcards there cost 30 HUF, if I remember right. However, at this time of the year it's most probably full of Easter postcards, leaving only a smaller place for viewcards. My favourite place to buy cards (because I think there you can find nicer ones) is right in the opposite side of the Great Market Hall on Vámház körút (boulevard). It's a newspaper shop with a small souvenir kiosk near a post office.

About stamps, they sell them at every post office and even some souvenir shops. But I recommend you to go to a "Postabolt" (Post shop) where they have nicer stamps. One of them is in the main post office on Petőfi Sándor utca (street) but I think it's only open (the Post shop, not the whole P.O) between 10-16 h. Another one is on Teréz körút (boulevard) near the Western Railway Station, but I don't know about its opening hours.

Do not hand already written cards to P.O. clerks because they put the ugly sticker on them without asking you.

Cards to Europe cost 210 HUF (non-priority) - I think the priority ones are 230 HUF, but I'm not sure because I almost never send my cards that way :D

I wish them a nice time in Hungary!
seropi

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland
Postcrossing Username: seropi

Mood: Don't hesitate to contact by u2u, I don't bite :)

[*] posted on 29-3-2010 at 05:14 AM

Thank you szirmaik, you've been a great help. :)
ipuenktchen

Country Flag:
Iran

Iran
Postcrossing Username: ipuenktchen

Mood: ♥Morgenstund' ist ungesund♥

[*] posted on 2-5-2010 at 06:40 PM

https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=44324

as I know there are many german speaking hungarian users,
I'd like to make some advertising for my lottery to fulfill the
5o participiants.....

:D:D:D
enokilover

Country Flag:
Singapore

Singapore

Mood: still here...:)

[*] posted on 5-5-2010 at 02:49 AM

Hello, wonder if anyone could help with the Europa 2010 stamp to be released in Hungary on 07.05.10? It'll be a souvenir sheet. In return, i could swap you stamps, postcards or just tell me what you like :) Thank you!
h_d

Country Flag:
UK

UK
Postcrossing Username: dsapieha

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 11:29 PM

I don't need any special help, I just want to say I like all of you, my Hungarian friends :-)
szirmaik

Country Flag:
Hungary

Hungary

[*] posted on 7-5-2010 at 11:39 PM

And we like you, too :D

Dobranoc! Słodkich snów ;)
Sofa
Unregistered

[*] posted on 19-5-2010 at 12:15 PM

Hi! I collect postcards of UNESCO sites and unfortunately I'm still missing all of the Hungarian sites. Does anyone here have a card of one (or several) of those sites and would be willing to swap?
I could offer German UNESCO site cards from Goslar, German Wadden Sea, Sanssouci and New Palais in Potsdam, Berlin Museum Island and Cologne Cathedral (I have many, many new ones of Cologne Cathedral...) as well as Rome & Vatican and Westminster Palace, Westminster Cathedral and the Tower of London but also many non-UNESCO cards - different German cities, animals, Krtek, lali riddle cards and much more.
You can find the Link to my Cards for Trade (including two albums of UNESCO cards) in my signature. Please notice that not all of my trade cards are scanned and uploaded yet - if you are looking for specific kinds of postcards that you don't find in the albums just ask, I may have some anyway.

These are the missing sites:
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst
- Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pécs (Sopianae)
- Fertö / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape

Thanks for your help!
nasia

Country Flag:
Cyprus

Cyprus
Postcrossing Username: nasia

[*] posted on 9-7-2010 at 09:47 PM

Hi, Hungary released a set of 4 stamps about the International Year of Biodiversity. Two of the stamps have birds on them. Can anyone send me those stamps?

Thank you!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Studart

Country Flag:
Brazil

Brazil
Postcrossing Username: deleted

Mood: Deleted

[*] posted on 21-7-2010 at 06:15 PM

hi, i´m brazilian and i´m interested in swap postcards with anyone from Hungary. i live em Fortaleza, a city near of the atlantic sea.
Cya!!
maryellie

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: maryellie

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 08:03 PM

Missing UNESCO sites:
Hi
These are my missing places. Can anyone help?
Early Christian Necropolis of Pecs
Ferto/Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscap

I have many cards for trade: some UNESCO, USA city and nature views, New Hampshire (USA) views.

Thanks!
Hexentrio

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Hexentrio

Mood: Beam me up, Scottie!

[*] posted on 17-10-2010 at 07:42 PM

Hi Hungary,

Have you already heard about the new Postcrossing meet-up RR?

Have a look
https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=47379
and join, if you want to :love:
Treksek

Country Flag:
Estonia

Estonia
Postcrossing Username: Treksek

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 02:05 PM

Hi! I have the Secret Christmas cards RR. In this RR you can choose yourself how many cards you send/receive. I am sorry, but we have not yet any postcrosser from Hungary. So all people, who are interested about Christmas cards are very welcome. From Hungary and from all other countries too. You can find the link to RR in my signature.

Can somebody translate it in Magyar language and copy to right place?
Karr

Country Flag:
Hungary

Hungary
Postcrossing Username: karr

[*] posted on 25-11-2010 at 12:43 PM

Hi again,
the Hungarian Post has lost already two heavy envelopes in succession (I have paid properly). Maybe it is forbidden to send heavy envelopes because the sorting machine eats them? How do you arrange swaps then? Is there any guarantee that registered letter won't be lost too? I know that my question is silly, but the situation is silly too.
Please, somebody, answer me!
:flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:
pelike

Country Flag:
Hungary

Hungary
Postcrossing Username: pelike

Mood: I'm BACK :D

[*] posted on 25-11-2010 at 01:08 PM

what do you mean by heavy? Did you go with them to a post office, or how did you send them?
I doesn't swap very often packages, but until now I had no such problem. But unfortunately I have some post office where my cards are always lost. I don't know what can we do...
Registered letters should arrive properely as they are registered so they don't get lost...
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

Imprint