Author: Subject: Listing Postcard ID Next to Address
626Trojan

Country Flag:
USA

USA
Postcrossing Username: 626Trojan

[*] posted on 10-7-2014 at 01:07 AM
Listing Postcard ID Next to Address

I am proposing a very minor change, but I think it will help me (and possibly others as well).

Whenever I get a new address, I must be very careful to make sure I remember to write the postcard ID on the card. Since the address and postcard ID are displayed on different parts of the computer screen and in different colors, I am sometimes so focused on copying the address correctly that I almost forget to copy down the postcard ID as well. So far I've remembered to write down the postcard ID on all the cards I've sent, but I have received one card (out of 40) without an ID. I imagine Postcrossing gets many requests each day to help identify cards without IDs.

Is it possible for both the postcard ID and the address to be listed together in the address box, underneath "You should write your postcard to"? This way when we copy down the address onto the card we automatically remember to write the postcard ID as well. This is already the case when we print out addresses, since the postcard ID is always printed directly above the address.

Go To Top

Imprint