Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22
Author: Subject: Off-topic discussion
Solstice_3

Country Flag:
UK

UK
Postcrossing Username: Solstice_3

Mood: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 07:54 AM

Possibly a tie lol, I received your card yesterday but was a bit busy! Thank you for the postcard, the pig cancellation is so cute! :love: and I love the card :D

@Hotaru, yes sorry about the obvious blunder, the problem was I put the stamps on first then write the address so I couldn't just replace the postcard for a new one, I had for some reason forgotten to update my address book and realised almost too late! I'm glad you received it, it's a shame it didn't make it to you unscathed.

Oh the biscuits I made are here biscuits it was my first time doing something dipped in chocolate and I think it went quite well, they were received well. :D
Hotaru

Country Flag:
Singapore

Singapore
Postcrossing Username: Hotaru

Mood: ...loading new mailbox...

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 08:34 AM

@Kate: no need to be sorry! :) I'm very Glad you noticed on time :thumbup: (and in any case it was my past address, so it totally feels mine :D)
Uahh!! The biscuits look great !!! :drool: I bet they taste delicious too!!! Ahh, you got Instagram MHhhh... I am more and more considering to get my account mmmmhh!!
Solstice_3

Country Flag:
UK

UK

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 08:37 AM

If you do don't forget to share your username so we can follow you :D I love Instagram :D
nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia
Postcrossing Username: nisnoopy3

Mood: ❤ Mukuro (Reborn!) & ♡Shogo Makishima 【Psycho-Pass】

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 10:43 AM

Instagram is addicting. It is easy to follow the updates and fast. You can see the happening in one go and leave comment under the photo and received replies. One go beyond from checking one instagram account. The finger would click and click non-stop.. LOL XD XD XD

+++++

Warning!!! Do not click the link unless you don't want to lose your appetite. The food images are horrible!

Pos Malaysia is releasing a new stamp about exotic foods. You be the judge and check if the stamps are attractive. No idea what is the designer is doing. Maybe he is having a not-so-good time. The porcupine steak (watch at 00:17 minute) is like a layer of epidermis skin illustration. It is my first time learning that people actually eat porcupine and made into steak?!! YUCK! It is even legal? o_0"

I would like the stamps if they featured the side image of sea cucumber, grasshoppers and porcupine instead of the food. They are drawn much nicer than the horrible food images. I think I lost my appetite by the minute I look at them.

+++++

A forum member shared a funny profile of a Postcrosser. It's inspire me to laugh and read more than once! XD XD XD
nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 01:09 PM

@honhon
Thank you for the Christmas card from Karneval with scented stamp! :D
Karoku and Hirato are smiling faintly while Doctor Akari is looking softly at me. I think he want to give me an injection or something?!! And he is holding a chart perhaps he want to tell me I have gain weight?!! NOOoooo... !!! XD XD XD
The scented stamp is giving out the fragrance of basil leaf. It's so aromatic like mint! It's nice to see illustration of the whole plant on the stamp. Like what we would see in botanic books and preserved plant specimens. I remember back in biology class we have to make our own preserved plant specimens and every student have to collect 20 plants. XD XD XD
Instead of basil, we grow curry leaf, mint, red chillies, lemongrass, key lime, calamasi lime and so on. They are easy to grow so everyone can grow them.
Thank you for thinking of me on Christmas day! I hope you got what you wished for! Nice matching the green metallic pen writing with green basil stamp. Two more Tahitian Airlines planes landed on my card and lovely cherry blossom deco tape! Thank you so much for the Karneval card! I miss it alot! This is a great St. Valentines' Day card (I don't mind it's from Christmas!). Thank you so, so much! :D :D :D :love: :love: :love:
nononoelle

Country Flag:
China

China
Postcrossing Username: nononoelle

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hotaru  

@Noel: uahh, I hope it was just a "small" congestion for those people who ate that much! Pretty scary though... Eating to the point of going to hospital :mad:

A little bit ridiculous, huh? I heard it on a local newspaper and it freaked me out. Hope those people would feel better soon*fingers crossed

Quote: Originally posted by Solstice_3  

Oh the biscuits I made are here biscuits it was my first time doing something dipped in chocolate and I think it went quite well, they were received well. :D

WOW!! did you make them for Valentine's day? home made biscuits!!! That looks great and my mouth watering:drool::drool::drool: I often use my oven to make baked sweet potato and chips lol XDDDDD I'm a foodie:P:P:P

Quote: Originally posted by nisnoopy3  
Instagram is addicting. It is easy to follow the updates and fast. You can see the happening in one go and leave comment under the photo and received replies. One go beyond from checking one instagram account. The finger would click and click non-stop.. LOL XD XD XD

+++++

Warning!!! Do not click the link unless you don't want to lose your appetite. The food images are horrible!

Pos Malaysia is releasing a new stamp about exotic foods. You be the judge and check if the stamps are attractive. No idea what is the designer is doing. Maybe he is having a not-so-good time. The porcupine steak (watch at 00:17 minute) is like a layer of epidermis skin illustration. It is my first time learning that people actually eat porcupine and made into steak?!! YUCK! It is even legal? o_0"

I would like the stamps if they featured the side image of sea cucumber, grasshoppers and porcupine instead of the food. They are drawn much nicer than the horrible food images. I think I lost my appetite by the minute I look at them.

+++++

A forum member shared a funny profile of a Postcrosser. It's inspire me to laugh and read more than once! XD XD XD

porcupine?Is that a wild animal? Jeez they'd rather be protected than be eaten. Human & animals are supposed to be in a harmonious relationship.
I found these food post cards on Internet, they look so cute ☞☞☞

IMG_20190215_213251.jpg - 236kB IMG_20190215_213439.jpg - 192kB IMG_20190215_213201.jpg - 154kB

nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia

[*] posted on 15-2-2019 at 02:28 PM

Porcupine is a wild animal. It's not rare or protected like pangolin but it's rare to see unless one is living near the tropical rainforest. I never seen one in the wild but in zoo. Porcupine is a lovely animal. It's cute like hedgehog. I heard that hedgehog is wild animal in UK. So nice! :love at first:

Tutubi

Country Flag:
Philippines

Philippines
Postcrossing Username: Tutubi

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 05:36 AM

+++++

Nii-san, I'm curious if you have ever heard of (or taste but I don't think you would try any) these exotic dishes? Surely you must have tried the sea cucumber? The grasshopper looks very similar to an exotic dish in a Filipino town but they used cricket instead. Never heard someone eating a porcupine.
honzuki

Country Flag:
France

France
Postcrossing Username: honzuki

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 06:20 AM

@nisnoopy3 : Glad to hear that the card arrived ! About the stamps, well... They aren't the most beautiful stamps that you have ever showed us, but I don't think they are horrible either. I think nothing special about them, but the theme is interesting.
(There are sea cucumbers here too. They look so disgusting that when I was a child and went to the sea I didn't want to bathe if there were many of them - and I still don't. :embarassed: I tasted them once and found them uninteresting.)
nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 08:28 AM

@Tutubi
Among the three dishes, I know about sea cucumber and insect. I don't eat exotic animal or meat. I'm against eating wild animal except wild boar. Insect, I'm fine people eating them but I won't try one unless I have to! Yes, porcupine is unheard of even for you! :duh:
As for crickets, we use them as feeding for fish mainly.

Yea, I have eaten sea cucumber and it's normal to eat sea cucumber during special occassion like CNY. I don't know what is good about sea cucumber. They say it has good collagen for the bone joints like knee. Sea cucumber is tasteless with jelly-like texture. I have seen live small sea cucumber in the aquarium of seafood restaurant. They have a display aquarium to attract customers not for sale (eaten). I find them quite cute with soft body and they shot out some long strings.

@honhon
I never seen wild sea cucumber and it must be a sight to make you feel so disgust with their appearance! Hm.. :P

nononoelle

Country Flag:
China

China
Postcrossing Username: nononoelle

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 10:01 AM

Porcupine is a wild animal. It's not rare or protected like pangolin but it's rare to see unless one is living near the tropical rainforest. I never seen one in the wild but in zoo. Porcupine is a lovely animal. It's cute like hedgehog. I heard that hedgehog is wild animal in UK. So nice! :love at first:

I haven't been to the zoo for a long time, frankly our local zoo is not as interesting as others. There is no porcupine nor hedgehog and sadly I only see them on TV. There must be various kind of animals in the rainforest and I'm really interested in it.
I really wanna buy these food postcards but they can't be sent because of the irregular shape.
renegade_Cavalcade

Country Flag:
Canada

Canada
Postcrossing Username: renegade_cavalcade

Mood: too busy with real life! ;__;

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 02:55 PM

@Tutubi I tried cricket at one of the bigger restaurant chains...forgot which one...as long as I don't see the heads = no problem! :lol:

@Ni-san ugrhhg I hate grasshoppers and that stamp creeped me out a bit!

@Elenna - thank you for the meet up card!!!!! It finally reached me :D

@Kate thank you for the Pooh card...it's somewhere in my pile, just remembered I got mail from you too :D :D
nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nononoelle  
I haven't been to the zoo for a long time, frankly our local zoo is not as interesting as others. There is no porcupine nor hedgehog and sadly I only see them on TV. There must be various kind of animals in the rainforest and I'm really interested in it.
I really wanna buy these food postcards but they can't be sent because of the irregular shape.
Tropical rainforest is nice and fun to be except the warm and humid weather. The humidity is high. Maybe you can try to ask other Chinese members if they can send such cards through mail.

@Marie
They should draw tiny scorpions on the stick instead of grassy. I think this stamp is good for Halloween theme. XD XD XD
Elenna
Finnish Community and Fanclub Anime moderator

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland
Postcrossing Username: Elenna

Mood: New address 5/2018

[*] posted on 16-2-2019 at 10:08 PM

@Marie
That didn't take too long - I still have cards traveling to for example Germany and France (other than club mail) that were also sent from the meet-up.

Starting from March our mail gets delivered within four working days from sending. :thumbdown: At the moment a regular letter is supposed to arrive in two days. Of course letters can be delivered quicker than in 4 days but I still expect things will move slower from now on. As if they haven't done that already since the mail flights ended...
nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 02:25 PM

We are back to 3,101 posts :P
Elenna

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 02:36 PM

@nini
We are. I didn't have enough time to prune everything under 3000 posts yet. :P
Thank you for the Adventure Time card with festival stamp & special cancellation. :love:

@honzuki
Thank you for the wonderful Hakuouki card with YotP stamp & special cancellation. :love:
Solstice_3

Country Flag:
UK

UK

[*] posted on 18-2-2019 at 08:44 PM

@Hotaru thank you for the LNY pig postcard and so many wonderful cancellations! I love the selfie stamp with the 'merlion' (?) Thank you :love:
Hotaru

Country Flag:
Singapore

Singapore
Postcrossing Username: Hotaru

Mood: ...loading new mailbox...

[*] posted on 19-2-2019 at 05:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Solstice_3  
@Hotaru thank you for the LNY pig postcard and so many wonderful cancellations! I love the selfie stamp with the 'merlion' (?) Thank you :love:

I was waiting for your message, Kate, being always the first one to receive :D
Glad it reached you :thumbup: And yes, that is correct: it's a Merlion emoji taking a selfie ;) I think those stamps are from 2017, if I recall correctly.
Elenna

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 02:12 PM

@Hotaru
My turn, my turn! Thank you for the KnB card and a ton of special cancellations!

@Kate
Thank you as well, I was secretly hoping you'd send this to me when I saw your post on IG. :D

---

I nearly killed a rabbit this morning on our home street. :duh: I was driving to work and had barely enough time to register that something headed straight to the street from behind a huge pile of snow before hitting the breaks. Luckily nothing happened but I do admit my heart rate was a bit higher than usual after that (and suddenly I wasn't feeling so sleepy anymore)...
yenamarre

Country Flag:
France

France
Postcrossing Username: aussie

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 02:15 PM

Hi,

I'm just passing by. I think you won't see me as often as before since I have some personal difficulties and have to let go some of my hobbies.

Anyway, thanks to Kate for your lovely Winnie the Pooh card with beautiful stamp (fiery pig and a lovely fairy). Winnie the Pooh was my favourite cartoon character when I was a child, I love him!

Thanks ni-san for your lovely Adventure Time card with beautiful stamps and cancellations too. It seems the characters are totally different from the other card you sent from this same series.

Thanks Elenna for both your lovely cards, one with a bridge and Europa stamp (bridge one) and the Valentine's card.

Thanks fruitpunch for your lovely stork card and matching stamp and cancellation. I hope you're fine.

And last but not least, thanks Honzuki for your lovely anime cards. I don't know which series they are form, but I like them a lot.

@all: I bought the Pig stamps and I still have to write all your cards, but well, it's difficult for me at the moment, so I don't know when I'll be able to post them.

Take care!
nisnoopy3

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 03:35 PM

@Elenna
Which KnB card did you get? I want to see.. so curious! XD XD XD

It happens to me many times too with cats (stupid tom cat chasing other males) and stray dogs. I have witness several squirrels get squashy by running wheels (by other cars). I wish I did not witness them but they happened infront of my eyes and it's so fast that I have no time to react but to drive awayy.. Ohh.. I can still remember those moments.. urghh.. :mad:

@Yeye
Glad to hear you have gotten the card! I hope things are going to work well for you! Don't worry about the pig stamps. It is all good if you can drop by the fanclub when you are available. Just be sure to take good care of your health and your family! I wish you all the best! Thank you for thinking of us!

Elenna

Country Flag:
Finland

Finland

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 07:20 PM

@nini
This one has Midorima, Kise and Hyuuga. And super cute YoI washi tape on the back. :love: I really should update my albums soon... I'm starting to have about a year's worth of cards to scan. :P
Silversea

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: silversea
Member Is Online

Mood: Cofused

[*] posted on 20-2-2019 at 07:31 PM

Hi guys!

It’s quite a while ago I posted something here :o sorry! Really busy tho :( Will check my mail later as well as try to write you some cards :) hope you’re all doing allright! Thanks in advance for sending me those great cards and thinking of me :love:

@yenemare: hope everything will be fine for you in the end :)
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22

Go To Top

Imprint