Postcrossing Official Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: If you could change one thing about PC ...
carin_keyes

Postcrossing Username: carin_keyes

[*] posted on 24-11-2015 at 06:42 PM

Clarajane,
Thanks for the info about the forum U2U address book. I will look into it. I was thinking of more for the Postcrossing home page vs the forum. There are some who are not in the forum but I keep in touch with through the home page. All the messages are in my email, but I don't know if I can find them somewhere else on the homepage (may be nice if I could).
Thanks again
Carin
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 25-11-2015 at 01:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by carin_keyes  
I would like to be able to bookmark certain people that I am communicating with more often on my homepage. It would be easier to find them quickly if I want to message them. I am new to this and maybe this is possible? If so, please tell me how!!!!!

Use your browser bookmark option.

Create a folder in your browsers bookmarks and save the profile links to that folder.
carin_keyes

Postcrossing Username: carin_keyes

[*] posted on 25-11-2015 at 06:38 PM

Thanks Vicki (Mundoo), that makes sense!
Carin
Zinffe

Country Flag:
Hong Kong

Hong Kong
Postcrossing Username: zinffe

[*] posted on 2-12-2015 at 03:33 PM

I wish Postcrossing would do something to the inactive (esp. the new) users who seem not bothered to register a received card... Like sending an automatic message reminding users to register cards (if the system shows they do have incoming cards) after 30 days of inactivity, (and/or perhaps also suggesting them to shut their account if they do not wish to continue) something like that...

I always have this thought when I see cards being expired, especially the nice ones I've spent effort chosen for the users and they'll never have the chance to be recognised on the site. I know I can send them a message, but I just feel if the message is official then it would be a bit more useful? Just a thought tho :(
SuzyDoozy
formerly known as ibcreative

Country Flag:
New Zealand

New Zealand
Postcrossing Username: SuzyDoozy

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-12-2015 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Zinffe  
I wish Postcrossing would do something to the inactive (esp. the new) users who seem not bothered to register a received card... Like sending an automatic message reminding users to register cards (if the system shows they do have incoming cards) after 30 days of inactivity, (and/or perhaps also suggesting them to shut their account if they do not wish to continue) something like that...

I always have this thought when I see cards being expired, especially the nice ones I've spent effort chosen for the users and they'll never have the chance to be recognised on the site. I know I can send them a message, but I just feel if the message is official then it would be a bit more useful? Just a thought tho :(

I'm pretty sure Postcrossing already does these things.
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 2-12-2015 at 10:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SuzyDoozy  
Quote: Originally posted by Zinffe  

I'm pretty sure Postcrossing already does these things.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (and more)
darah

Country Flag:
Malaysia

Malaysia
Postcrossing Username: No

Mood: Also collect bread tags, zines, stamps

[*] posted on 4-1-2016 at 04:54 AM

I wish when we are registering message, there will be one question asked by the sender that you can answer along the hooray message. Sometimes I want to ask the people I'm sending postcards, but run out of space.

Another wish is to display how fluent members are in a particular language, like this:

comics1996

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: comics1996

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mundoo  
Not having the screen centered
It think that is more of what the website chooses what to do with the website. Yet, I am sure their are some mods that would place it in the spot that you would want.
nimithil

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: nimithil

[*] posted on 14-4-2016 at 10:17 AM

Right now I would change, that if I send a postcard and have photo proof of the written card with all the stamps that it gets registered after one year.

Most users I sent my cards too aren't active anymore and that is very disappointing.
Mulle

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: Mulle

[*] posted on 6-5-2016 at 04:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nimithil  
Right now I would change, that if I send a postcard and have photo proof of the written card with all the stamps that it gets registered after one year.

You mean, you upload a pic of the front and of the back of the card? That will take double space in the database. And it would cause more work for the administration team.

How do you want to "proof" something? How could anyone see that the card really was sent - or that you just wrote something on a paper to pretend you wrote a real card?

There's a way to have the "proof" that you sent a card - "registered mail" ("Einschreiben" auf Deutsch :bigsmile: )

Of course it's dissappointing when a card isn't registered, but anyway, shit can happen anywhere. That's the risk when you use postcrossing.
blue_zurbagan

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: blue_zurbagan

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 10:30 AM

I would really like to get some sort of notifications when user send a postcard to my adress. ;) Maybe without username too, like "There`s is a postcard coming your way!"
I heard that posstcross.me has this feature...
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 3-10-2016 at 12:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by blue_zurbagan  
I would really like to get some sort of notifications when user send a postcard to my adress. ;) Maybe without username too, like "There`s is a postcard coming your way!"

You already get that notification.

It is part of the hurray emails you receive.

At the bottom it will say if you are to expect a postcard or not. If it says "Now YOU will receive a postcard from another random member... keep an eye on your mailbox! " then your address was given to a member to send you a postcard.

You have been notified.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team
p_perez

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: p_perez

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 12:21 AM

I was browsing among Australian users the other day, and I have a little suggestion. It would be way cool if there was a way to get a more extensive list than just the top ten of the most active members or order all the members from a particular country.

I just wanted to check out some more postcrossing lovers out there - but can understand if this isn't a top priority!
la_hanson

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: laurahanson

[*] posted on 23-9-2018 at 10:55 AM

Child accounts that send/receive 5 or so cards and then become inactive ... one time I had the misfortune to be assigned to 2 child accounts in one-go, they both knew each other, went to the same school, etc. Both cards expired at the same time and a little bit before they did, I tried to reach out to the user asking them if they got my card, nothing to my avail... reached out to Postcrossing directly and it took an additional 70 days for the accounts to be deleted. Just doesn't seem fair to be sending cards without them being registered. I feel this way towards adult accounts that go inactive, too ;)
SnowApple

Country Flag:
United States

United States
Postcrossing Username: SnowApple

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 29-9-2018 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by darah  

Another wish is to display how fluent members are in a particular language, like this:

That is a neat idea! I second that! :thumbup:
ninja

Country Flag:
Switzerland

Switzerland
Postcrossing Username: ninja

Mood: :ninja:

[*] posted on 18-10-2018 at 03:32 PM

If I could, I'd actually change two things.

1. this:

Quote: Originally posted by ladybelle  
Quote: Originally posted by Gruenlilie  
I wish postcards sent to people who have lost interest in PC would automatically be marked as "sent". I have lots of expired cards and where half of them the users just never logged in again.

Yes! That's the only change I'd really and truly love to see in the PC rules.

(it's been suggested here too now: https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=121055)

2. the other thing would be giving new members a way to increase the number of cards they can send much faster.

I understand the need to have limited slots at the start and to somehow "prove" that you are a good member and are actually sending and registering your postcards. But the nature of postcrossing and postcards is that many of them will travel for a long time, sometimes just because they go to a "slow country" and sometimes because the recipient has disappeared or only registers cards in long intervals. If you're unlucky and draw a lot of slow countries or inactive users early on, it just blocks the few available slots for a long time and makes it extremely slow to increase the slots. It can take several months to be allowed to send the first 10 or 20 cards.

I think the most frustrating thing for new members not being allowed to be more active and send more postcards, and I also think this may be one main reason that many new members lose interest (and maybe contribute again to the first problem because they disappear and don't register received cards anymore).

So I think the number of outgoing slots should increase much faster, once the first few postcards have been sent and received. Or there should be an additional way to get more slots for new members who are really serious about it, for example through a premium membership.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

Imprint