Author: Subject: Many cards about to expire
Gealach24

Country Flag:
Sweden

Sweden
Postcrossing Username: KarroS

[*] posted on 22-5-2015 at 06:18 PM
Many cards about to expire

I have five or six cards at the moment that have been traveling for longer than usual. They aren't really about to expire just yet (well, one is...), but they have taken longer than normal to arrive.

It seems as if most of my cards are stuck right now, and it makes me worry just a bit, how long before the PC admins will start thinking I didn't send the cards? :(
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia
Postcrossing Username: mundoo

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 05:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gealach24  
I have five or six cards at the moment that have been traveling for longer than usual. They aren't really about to expire just yet (well, one is...), but they have taken longer than normal to arrive.

It seems as if most of my cards are stuck right now, and it makes me worry just a bit, how long before the PC admins will start thinking I didn't send the cards? :(

When the system determines that your percentages are outside the normal range.

When that happens you will see a notice that tells you that your account is blocked and why.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

Gealach24

Country Flag:
Sweden

Sweden

[*] posted on 23-5-2015 at 07:20 PM

Will I, in that case, have a chance to talk about this? At the moment there are so many cards that seem to have been traveling longer than normal, so it makes me worried, I always send all cards as I should... :(
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 25-5-2015 at 01:41 AM

Will I, in that case, have a chance to talk about this?

When (and if) you ever get blocked of course you can talk to Postcrossing about it.

If it ever happens use the Contact button and send us a message.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team
Gealach24

Country Flag:
Sweden

Sweden

[*] posted on 25-5-2015 at 12:37 PM

That sounds good :-D I mean, I take pictures of both sides of the cards most of the time, so I will able to prove that I at least wrote the cards :-D

I guess I'm just having a little bad luck with my cards at the moment, everything seems to be standing still :-D
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 26-5-2015 at 02:50 AM

That sounds good :-D I mean, I take pictures of both sides of the cards most of the time, so I will able to prove that I at least wrote the cards :-D

Without trying to sound pedantic having pictures of both sides as you say, only proves you wrote out the postcard and is not proof enough that the postcard arrived.

We can't assume that all the postcards do arrive, in fact many don't.

The proof varies that Postcrossing has seen.

Some examples of how Postcrossing has known a postcard has arrived:

- The sending member received a thank you card back (the sender had put a return address on their postcard).
- A family member contacted us with the ID because the receiving member was away.
- The receiving member mentions the ID on a social network site like Facebook and the sender sees that mention.
- The member died and the family contact Postcrossing about the postcards that keep arriving.
- A postcard is delivered to an address that the receiver has moved from and the new occupants contact Postcrossing.
- A picture of the postcard is put on a blog and the sender sees this after checking the receivers website from the profile.
- A postcard is unable to be delivered because of a faulty/incomplete/incorrect address and the local post office contacts Postcrossing.
- The sender sent it registered mail and has a signature proof that it was delivered.
- The receiver puts a note on their profile for the sender to contact them because they can't register the postcard and the sender sends multiple emails and the ID still remains unregistered.

These are just some of the ways that Postcrossing has known that a postcard has actually arrived.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team
Gealach24

Country Flag:
Sweden

Sweden

[*] posted on 30-5-2015 at 06:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mundoo  

Without trying to sound pedantic having pictures of both sides as you say, only proves you wrote out the postcard and is not proof enough that the postcard arrived.

We can't assume that all the postcards do arrive, in fact many don't.

The proof varies that Postcrossing has seen.

Some examples of how Postcrossing has known a postcard has arrived:

- The sending member received a thank you card back (the sender had put a return address on their postcard).
- A family member contacted us with the ID because the receiving member was away.
- The receiving member mentions the ID on a social network site like Facebook and the sender sees that mention.
- The member died and the family contact Postcrossing about the postcards that keep arriving.
- A postcard is delivered to an address that the receiver has moved from and the new occupants contact Postcrossing.
- A picture of the postcard is put on a blog and the sender sees this after checking the receivers website from the profile.
- A postcard is unable to be delivered because of a faulty/incomplete/incorrect address and the local post office contacts Postcrossing.
- The sender sent it registered mail and has a signature proof that it was delivered.
- The receiver puts a note on their profile for the sender to contact them because they can't register the postcard and the sender sends multiple emails and the ID still remains unregistered.

These are just some of the ways that Postcrossing has known that a postcard has actually arrived.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

Sure, I just wanted to say that even though I can't prove that I sent the cards, I can at least prove that I wrote them. Whether they arrive or not is of course beyond my control.
mtts
Unregistered

[*] posted on 30-5-2015 at 09:23 PM

^ or your rabbit has eaten them.........:)
gealach24 it is to tell you that you should not worry TOO much as the concept of postcrossing is based on trust. Before signing up I had my doubts about it, why should someone I do not know register my card? And would I be faithfull in sending the cards that I have too (ofcourse! I love sending out!). But here we are, (most of us/all) sharing and trusting in other persons and in the mail(wo)man.
Gealach24

Country Flag:
Sweden

Sweden

[*] posted on 30-5-2015 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtts  
^ or your rabbit has eaten them.........:)

That is definitely a risk, he's dangerous when it comes to anything made of paper :-D
Desirée

Country Flag:
Netherlands

Netherlands
Postcrossing Username: DMBoom

[*] posted on 23-6-2015 at 08:26 AM

I have 3 visibly expired cards at the moment, and one that was deleted because it had been expired for more than a year. One is almost there (322 days), one is expired 149 days and one 122 days.
I also worry about this; it seems to be happening a lot more lately. All the users are still reasonably active.
Sissi69

Country Flag:
Italy

Italy
Postcrossing Username: Sissi69

[*] posted on 10-2-2018 at 12:32 PM

After how many days is a postcard cosidered expired? Do the Team consider also the State statistics of delivery days before declaring a postcard expired?:)
Mundoo
Head Forum Administrator

Country Flag:
Australia

Australia

[*] posted on 11-2-2018 at 02:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sissi69  
After how many days is a postcard cosidered expired? Do the Team consider also the State statistics of delivery days before declaring a postcard expired?:)

A postcard that has been travelling longer than 60 days is set to expired in Postcrossing. This status allows an account to send another postcard. You can see which of your travelling postcards have expired by looking at your travelling postcards page.

Most sent postcards will arrive well before 60 days have passed; however, some postcards do take longer to reach their destination. Expired postcards can still be registered up to one year after you requested the address. After this period, they are deleted from Postcrossing and can no longer be registered.

https://www.postcrossing.com/help/what-are-expired-postcards

Vicki
Postcrossing Team
Forum Administrator
NTatiana

Country Flag:
Russia

Russia
Postcrossing Username: NTatiana

[*] posted on 9-11-2018 at 11:53 AM

Hi, everyone.
In May, 2018 I`ve registered on the Postcrossing, since then I`ve sent 41 cards and I`ve received only 11.

Now I can`t send anymore cards. I was informed, that I need to wait till I get cards, but in local post office I was told, that they have nothing for me.

What if I never get those cards?

Does that mean that I will never send or receive cards again?
ColorfulCourtney
formerly known as cdeinesj

Country Flag:
Germany

Germany
Postcrossing Username: ColorfulCourtney

Mood: =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=

[*] posted on 9-11-2018 at 09:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by NTatiana  
Hi, everyone.
In May, 2018 I`ve registered on the Postcrossing, since then I`ve sent 41 cards and I`ve received only 11.

Now I can`t send anymore cards. I was informed, that I need to wait till I get cards, but in local post office I was told, that they have nothing for me.

What if I never get those cards?

Does that mean that I will never send or receive cards again?

It is really weird that you have not received any cards since August! You must have many cards traveling to you that for some reason have not reached you. I understand why you are frustrated, and I also understand why Postcrossing will not give you any more addresses until they are sure you can also receive cards.

Maybe you can ask on the Russian forum (https://forum.postcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=88) if other people from your area have had problems like this and have solved them. Also, perhaps you can contact the administrators (from the Home page select "Help" and then "Receiving Postcards" and then "Not receiving postcards") and they can give you some ideas.

Hopefully, your mailbox will be full again soon. Good luck!
HMKM

Country Flag:
Unknown

Unknown
Postcrossing Username: HM

Mood: okay - previous signed up as mtts, Khasab

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 10:43 PM

Check check double check
- Some potcrossers use the centralPostcode while it can be more specific. Ekatrinburg 620000 for centre, but 620xxx for other area's.
Get yourself informed for the xxx.
- Did you give your address in cyrillic as well?
- It can help to inform neighbours. One of my neighbours received 60+ missdelivered cards for me last May. I was happy she handed them over.
- if you see your mailman in the street, tell her him you wait for mail. And to look out for them for you.
- my most expired to Russia are to Tyumen, not your city.
Good luck!

Go To Top

Imprint